Quantcast

Meanwhile, back at the Flowpark...

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
cove rider said:
Dang renton is a ways away from me here in Mountlake Terrace. Anyhow do they have like bike nights or somthing? I didnt here about this place until a little while ago so im curious what its all about:wave:
thats what tonight was(bike night)... it's open to skaters but bikers pretty much rule sunday night only from 6:30-10:30! here are the bike sesions------- Monday all day, Tuesday all day, wednesday no bikes, thursday all day, friday no bikes, saturday no bikes, and sunday bikes from only 6:30-10:30 earlier sesions on sunday are skaters only:mumble: . i am there every sunday (NO MATTER WHAT!!!).

P.S. i finally got 360's down over the big box again!!!!!!!!!!!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Big B said:
It's a skinny between two stumps. Ladder up the first stump, then it changes to a log at a fairly steep angle, which turns into a ladder again at the second stump and makes a hard right that ends in a drop. I remember it begin close to the top. Not so much the middle...I think.

It was wet, and I second guessed my ability to maintain traction. And we all know what second guessing gets you. This is a sport that demands 100% commitment or your going home hurting.
Theres skinnies at SST now? Or am I missing something. Sorry, have not ridden there for almost 2 months.

Oh, and thanks for clearing up that woop thing. I am totally down with the woop now.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I have to agree with you on that one. SST rants never go over very well around here. Unfortunately, there are about 100 people who lay claim to that place and are always in a state of friction of some sort. Mainly over who built that sh**ty jump, with the bad lip,placement, or what have you. Is this guy (your friend) the guy that helped you launch the trailgap out there? Also, the skinny area you are talking about is an internet no no. Now behave yourself!! When we riding again? ;)

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
largextracheese said:
Is this guy (your friend) the guy that helped you launch the trailgap out there? Also, the skinny area you are talking about is an internet no no. Now behave yourself!! When we riding again? ;)
Ya, he helped me hit it the first time.

I rode with him at the "area" after I left you and the crew a couple weekends ago. Then we went to another "area".

So I rode 3 "areas" that day, and the last 2 with a dislocated shoulder. Boy was I hurting that night.

We need to talk about next weekend. I've got Friday off!

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
i wasnt calling him a crybaby aboot his judgement i was calling him that bc he is always bitching aboot the doubles but your right a persons judgement isnt a reason to call them a crybaby but always complaining aboot something is.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
thats what tonight was(bike night)... it's open to skaters but bikers pretty much rule sunday night only from 6:30-10:30! here are the bike sesions------- Monday all day, Tuesday all day, wednesday no bikes, thursday all day, friday no bikes, saturday no bikes, and sunday bikes from only 6:30-10:30 earlier sesions on sunday are skaters only:mumble: . i am there every sunday (NO MATTER WHAT!!!).

P.S. i finally got 360's down over the big box again!!!!!!!!!!!
Alright Alright. Do most people come sunday night or what? If so i might try and come here in the next couple of weeks and take some pics or somthing seems how i cant ride (Doctors appointment in 2 weeks!!!).

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
cove rider said:
Alright Alright. Do most people come sunday night or what? If so i might try and come here in the next couple of weeks and take some pics or somthing seems how i cant ride (Doctors appointment in 2 weeks!!!).
ya sundays are the night to go! most of the good riders are there on sundays! every once and a while thursdays will be decent to! i am going down there to night but thats probebly too short of notice for you.

P.S. have you seen the pictures in the new decline issue? well they have the gathering photos in there and the gathering was at skatebarn!

-Ryan

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
ya sundays are the night to go! most of the good riders are there on sundays! every once and a while thursdays will be decent to! i am going down there to night but thats probebly too short of notice for you.

P.S. have you seen the pictures in the new decline issue? well they have the gathering photos in there and the gathering was at skatebarn!

-Ryan
okee dokee i will see what im up to the next few sundays and i may come check it out and take some picees! Nope i havent seen the new decline:( Decline is the oversized mag with sweet stuff in it right? Ive only seen it at bike shops can you subscribe to it?

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
well i bought mine at albertsons!!! yes it is the big one with the cool stuff in it! if you are gona go out and buy one the new one is the one with the guy doing a handplant over a tree with red rims.

Sep 8, 2004
ha! Ryan I thought I was the ONLY person that noticed that the B-lake albertson's carries decline! The barn is good stuff. My new camera gear arrived today, so I'll have to break it in, maybe thurs night at the barn. Went this morning for a 45min or so, clearing the small box now, which isn't much for most people... but its progression for me!

I'm like the handy-capable cyclist.

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
downhillracer said:
hey
nice pics man
it was nice to meet you.
Thanks - the feeling's mutual.:cool:

As far as the rest of you go, if you can't start getting along I will start laying metal spikes on the lips of every jump - that way, you will have something to bitch about for real.:mumble:

FYI - the original builders out there would be Scotty, Pip, Miguel, Dennis and I...not that it really matters.:rolleyes:

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
hey metal spikes sound like fun........ great now i can practice bunnyhoping before the lip!!!!!!

P.S. depending on the weather i MIGHT be out at sst saturday......i still don't have my freaking DH bike set up yet but soon yes sooooooon!

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
DBR X6 RIDER said:
ThanAs far as the rest of you go, if you can't start getting along I will start laying metal spikes on the lips of every jump - that way, you will have something to bitch about for real.:mumble:

FYI - the original builders out there would be Scotty, Pip, Miguel, Dennis and I...not that it really matters.ks - the feeling's mutual.:cool:

:rolleyes:
thats all i'm saying yo and you know what i am talking aboot team Andy (I'm just here to go Big and Bigger and help others progress in life) I'm not here to knock any one at all but hay progression is evolution and that is what makes the world go round and in recent events in life have really put this all in perspective team andy knows what and who i am talking aboot may he r.i.p. one of the genuinely most down ass pure cyclist i have ever met BL!!!!! Life is delicate so what ever you do live each day like its your last and evolve with each day in life. Much love goes out to the Lewis family for he is and was a great and most friendly and egoless CYCLEST I have ever met. We love you Brad Lewis and the best and most wonderful and strong wishes go out to Emily Westbrook-Lewis!!!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
jumping_jesus said:
thats all i'm saying yo and you know what i am talking aboot team Andy (I'm just here to go Big and Bigger and help others progress in life) I'm not here to knock any one at all but hay progression is evolution and that is what makes the world go round and in recent events in life have really put this all in perspective team andy knows what and who i am talking aboot may he r.i.p. one of the genuinely most down ass pure cyclist i have ever met BL!!!!! Life is delicate so what ever you do live each day like its your last and evolve with each day in life. Much love goes out to the Lewis family for he is and was a great and most friendly and egoless CYCLEST I have ever met. We love you Brad Lewis and the best and most wonderful and strong wishes go out to Emily Westbrook-Lewis!!!
Sounds as though the voice of reason has spoken trying to make everything better.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
ya thats what came to my mind! i think of thursday as......one more day left in school!

P.S. i can't go to sst sat. change of plans
indeed! That sucks, i might head out there with a digi vid cam not sure though gas is expensive

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
i like your mode of speech ANDY!

coverider-i can't go because family is coming over for easter:mumble: sheesh i really am not looking forwerd to a bunch of screaming little kids...well there goes my weekend:redhot: .
BUT i still might be able to get a ride...well see what happens. oh and i will still be at the barn sunday night late sesh!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
coverider-i can't go because family is coming over for easter sheesh i really am not looking forwerd to a bunch of screaming little kids...well there goes my weekend .
Ya i have to deal with that crap sunday:mumble: no barn this weekend:mad:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
jimbo_the_biker said:
ha! Ryan I thought I was the ONLY person that noticed that the B-lake albertson's carries decline! The barn is good stuff. My new camera gear arrived today, so I'll have to break it in, maybe thurs night at the barn. Went this morning for a 45min or so, clearing the small box now, which isn't much for most people... but its progression for me!

I'm like the handy-capable cyclist.

-James.
Did you get the 30D?

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
DBR X6 RIDER said:
DBR is off Friday & Saturday. That's what that's all about. DBR might even RIDE this Friday and/or Saturday. At the very least trail. Hoping the tires leave the ground a little bit as well. We shall see.

At least it's late Tuesday!!!:D
you forgot that sunday is a payed holiday at work and we are closed on easter all i know is that im not working this sunday and getting payed for it :dancing: and so do you. your more then welcome to show up at the shop but no one is going to let you in well atleast not to work that is there is a memorial ride for brad leaving from the shop going to seward park though

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
jumping_jesus said:
you forgot that sunday is a payed holiday at work and we are closed on easter all i know is that im not working this sunday and getting payed for it :dancing: and so do you. your more then welcome to show up at the shop but no one is going to let you in well atleast not to work that is there is a memorial ride for brad leaving from the shop going to seward park though
Oh crap...that's right! Thanks for the reminder. I was kind of bummed when they said that ride would be on Sunday as I normally do work then. Hmmmmm...memorial ride in the AM followed by dirt in the afternoon?:think:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Started a new project, I think its going to be good. Its deffiantly a work in progress. Its on a the bigger size but it will have a "case guard" on it whan its done. Untell its complety finshed and as hardend up I will keep it closed. You deffianlty have enough speed on the run in.

Anyway these x-c guys came by as asked about the gap and said they tough the place was supposed to be only table tops. There has been jumps with gaps in them for more than a year now... They then asked I knew Andy(like he would not approve), I said I did, I should have told them that Andy hits all the big gaps there. They then mumbled somthing about Wick, which from my understanding doesnt care as long as the main line is still there. I dont think he is even doing races there anymore. I dont see why they cared so much, there x-c line is still there. Then on the way out one laughed and said there would be a freeway runing tough there in a few years. I dont understand why its funny, they would lose there trails as well, that take up 95% of the park.

I dont see why both types of riding cant co-exist, we should come tougher to preserve the trails for every type of mountian biking.