Quantcast

Meanwhile, back at the Flowpark...

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
DesuL said:
What about just spray painting colors on the trees next to gaps/jumps/drops that give caution to the size they really are? It really wouldn't harm much Just 2ft of a tree spray painted is not going to be an enviornmental concern IMHO.

Black blue and green. Add a good warning sign up top warning of extreme trails and we are in like sin. Ill grab the few pieces of bent sheet metal I have at work tomorrow. If I am not riding other trails Ill bring them down.
Now were getting somewhere all we need is the paint then, and nobody would steal a whole tree just for the orange spot on it!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Not every jump has a tree next to it...sorry for shattering your dream, Dave. Like I mentioned, the next time I go down there will be to survey the place for both categories and how to implement it. I'm sure there's an easy solution, but it will be easier to find it by being there first-hand as opposed to sitting in front of a computer.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
jumping_jesus said:
yep and alot of people lack it too !!!!!
They tend to stand out like a sore thumb...or worse. They suddenly appear out of nowhere somehow and it's always directly in your path.

So, I've decided that I'm going to line the entire flowpark with giant, fluffy pillows. If that doesn't solve all the problems, then nothing will.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves, espacially since sst is not legal and will be gone in a few years. We should start by putting BIG signs at the entrances with warnings(gaps and drops ahead ride at your own risk) and sings on all the drops that say DROP! in big letters. Also sings that point to the easy way down, just like whistler does. I dont think we really need signs that say how big of a drop or gap it is, people should look for themselves. Maybe if this was a legal trail aproved by the city that would last for many years, but I think we should start with the basics.

DHKing13

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
I'm from cali but i've stoped by sst on the way up to whistler so i know a little whats going on around there. First you guys need to check yourselves. A whoop is not a flow ruiner it is a feature designed to make an area pumpable. If your confused check out leelikesbikes.com and look at pump tracks. Just because you have no ability to ride it doesn't make it a "flow" ruiner. Second, no disrespect to the man who hurt himself at sst but being able to hit everything at sst doesn't make you the best rider ever. When I was out there i saw many riders who could ride there but if they rode else where they wouldn't know what to do. Just because you can huck yourself off of lips at sst doesn't make you a good rider. Branch out and ride something real. You're mountain bikers go to the hills damn it. Second, if you are going to work out there don't destory things that others built. It is public property and they have the same right to build as you do. When I work around here I respect the time put into obstacles and if i'm not good enough to ride them i don't tear them down andcall them bad to make myself feel better. Bottom line. STOP BITCHING ABOUT A PUBLIC PLACE. Everyone has an equal right to build out there and if you don't have the ability to hit the stuff build something else that you can hit somewhere else. Ignorance and ability isn't an excuse for destroying something someone put time into. Finally, I bet in the time that you spent destroying that i bet you could have learned how to ride it. Don't take the easy path, challege your self every once in awhile.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Dang, there sure are a lot of wrong assumptions in that post.

Just because we're talking about SST, doesn't mean we don't ride in the hills. Geeze. :rolleyes: You've obviously never read any of the other threads.

We all have the right to post whatever we want. This is public forum. Besides, you just spent 304 words bitching about people bitching, bitch.:hot:

Don't kid yourself, everyone knows the North Shore is more technical than anything in Cali. If you can ride up here, you can definately ride in Cali, it's not the other way around.

last thing...I don't think you have any idea what whoops we were talking about. They were just the results of moving dirt to another location. I woundn't even call them whoops. Steps is more accurate.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm not even going to get into the SST vs. Whistler/Cali/etc. thing since SST has a total elevation of maybe 100 ft. w/ zero rocks & roots.

The whoops (that's the closest thing I could relate them to) were not in the right area at all. And it was actually a single whoop followed by a jump-like thing w/o a landing. They were not only on the beginner line they also were poorly located - as in after a berm on a flat area where one needs to actually pedal (yes, I said the "p" word) to keep/gain speed.

What we really need down there is a GROUP HUCK.:love:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Pissing rain and Flyers/Rangers game is on...that's my excuse for today.
Dude, for sure:) I was lucky enough to get a good mud ride in this morning before the second band of rain hit....but now I wish we had cable:(

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DBR X6 RIDER said:
The game's on NBC if that's what you're bummed about.
No, we get that channel:rolleyes: It just sucks that it's pouring on the weekend:mad: I think last winter made me soft to getting all wet and muddy on rides:oink:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Snacks said:
No, we get that channel:rolleyes: It just sucks that it's pouring on the weekend:mad: I think last winter made me soft to getting all wet and muddy on rides:oink:
I hear ya'. Seems like my last 5-10 days off have been pretty wet ones. Luckily for me, I'm still a little injured so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much - just everything!:redhot:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I hear ya'. Seems like my last 5-10 days off have been pretty wet ones. Luckily for me, I'm still a little injured so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much - just everything!:redhot:
Hey i feel the same way! Im hurt also so i figure if the rain happens now maybe it will be out of mother natures system by the time i can ride again :)

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
LOL thats a funny ass post. I agree with most of it but the whoop thing, the whoop was in the wrong spot, on a almost up hill in the middle of the beginner/x-country trail.

New project is hitable. Theres more work to be done so if your unsure about it dont hit it(maybe I should have kept it closed...). The lip needs a wheelbarrow of clay from up top. The landing is going to be wider and longer run out as well. You have to go pretty fast right now, should flow better when it hardens up.

-Kim

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I went for a great ride yesterday at Lk. Sawyer. It rained the whole time. I could only have been wetter if I jumped in Lk. Sawyer. Great trails though. Fun place to ride. Thanks vibiker for the tour!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
fuzzycatnuts said:
LOL thats a funny ass post. I agree with most of it but the whoop thing, the whoop was in the wrong spot, on a almost up hill in the middle of the beginner/x-country trail.

New project is hitable. Theres more work to be done so if your unsure about it dont hit it(maybe I should have kept it closed...). The lip needs a wheelbarrow of clay from up top. The landing is going to be wider and longer run out as well. You have to go pretty fast right now, should flow better when it hardens up.

-Kim
What...no pics?;)

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I know, I always forget to bring the camra :(, monday I will take some pics. I went before work today and it started raining the minute I got there and only got worse. What are the trails at lk sawyer and were is it? I want to start riding some new trails, maybe even x/c once in a while.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
fuzzycatnuts said:
I know, I always forget to bring the camra :(, monday I will take some pics. I went before work today and it started raining the minute I got there and only got worse. What are the trails at lk sawyer and were is it? I want to start riding some new trails, maybe even x/c once in a while.
True that homes

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Not quite a jump...pretty-much a lump in the trail that serves little-to-no purpose other than disrupting the flow. :teacher:

That, or as a filter for less skilled would be jumpers. Whoops serve as excellent places for a rider who can manual a bit to ride over on thier way to the jump, while a less skilled rider might be put off, therefore possibly preventing injury to a over enthusiastic jumper who perhaps should have been more patient with themselves.... Just my opinion though, and you know I'm supportive of your work out there Andy.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Captain Crunch said:
That, or as a filter for less skilled would be jumpers. Whoops serve as excellent places for a rider who can manual a bit to ride over on thier way to the jump, while a less skilled rider might be put off, therefore possibly preventing injury to a over enthusiastic jumper who perhaps should have been more patient with themselves.... Just my opinion though, and you know I'm supportive of your work out there Andy.
ANDY IS THE MAN!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Good point, Steve. When properly placed they will do just that. The whoops in question were not conceived well at all - if at all. I think they were just a by-product of all the dirt required for that one double.
I wasn't able to get out there this weekend, so I'm hoping that the revision is working out well. I guess I have to wait until Fri/Sat to find out.
I need dirt beneath me.:bomb:

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
hehehe just got back and also just got out of my hottub!!!!!!! great sesh today phil sun. and andy sun. where there along with traves and a bunch of great riders!!!

-by the way i can do 360 ONE handers now....my first veriation with a 360!!!! :love:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
elRey said:
I would rather be able to do 360 one-handers, personally.
See but i cant ride right now so for me the 360 sit in my chair play video games works better! Damn compressed vertibrae!

ryan/kona29 said:
i could either buy that or a new dh rims set right now.......rims are soon to be on order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehe
I C but i have a perfect bike so i got a 360 instead :) hehehe