Quantcast

Meanwhile, back at the Flowpark...

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
BIGHIT756 said:
someday i will flip that double at the bottom. Some day.
Dude if you think about it its like the perfect jump for it just the way the take off and landing are built it could easily be done (not be me of course not skilled enough) by someone with mad skills

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
if i ever get my GOD DAMN DIRT at my house im gonna learn flips. when i do...the flow park will be my first location for experimenting. I am pretty sure no one has flipped anything at the flow park...soo......

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
BIGHIT756 said:
if i ever get my GOD DAMN DIRT at my house im gonna learn flips. when i do...the flow park will be my first location for experimenting. I am pretty sure no one has flipped anything at the flow park...soo......
You should get a bunch of bark like at whistler! or a big foam pit that would be soo awesome! Dude if you ever plan on pulling a flip at the flow park call me and bibs we will come take pics and video K!! Plus you would be my hero

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
ya.....

personaly there were two reasons for his fall. the first and most important reason was that he has always rode his 55pound mountain cycle out there and switching to a 39 pound bike with less travel meens your gona go much further in the air. thats what really hurt him. the other reason that's not really even a reason but just an opinion, is that the lip got changed so you go less high and more far, in other words more mellow so i think that caught him by surprise to?

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
ya.....

personaly there were two reasons for his fall. the first and most important reason was that he has always rode his 55pound mountain cycle out there and switching to a 39 pound bike with less travel meens your gona go much further in the air. thats what really hurt him. the other reason that's not really even a reason but just an opinion, is that the lip got changed so you go less high and more far, in other words more mellow so i think that caught him by surprise to?
Should ahve taken a bit more time to get use to the new bike possibly?

ryan/kona29 said:
ya they completely took it away.......no fun any more. i have to brake check twice as hard as i did before just to stay on the landing decently.
Thats gay! if its more mellow then it doesnt make for nearly as cool pictures!

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
sweet job eh cant wait to hit that shiz. :rolleyes: i hope i can hit them on my big bike you know how hard it is to hit dirt jumps on a fully hehehehe !!!!!! sweet coming down from the top a nice long flow with sweet hits all the way down to the bottom. :drool: :drool:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
jumping_jesus said:
sweet job eh cant wait to hit that shiz. :rolleyes: i hope i can hit them on my big bike you know how hard it is to hit dirt jumps on a fully hehehehe !!!!!! sweet coming down from the top a nice long flow with sweet hits all the way down to the bottom. :drool: :drool:
Ya pretty much everybody has a fully.....I know what you mean though just had to give you a hard time! Although mine isnt too bad cause its a super short wheel base but it still weighs about 50 pounds so getting her in the air is a bit of a struggle

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Anyone know if it rained in SST today? I'm thinking about bringing my ride to work to hit SST after work tomorrow, but I don't want to bother if it's raining down there. It hasn't rained a drop in Lynnwood, but the stupid Seattle Times says it supposed to be raining right now.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
cove rider said:
mine isnt too bad cause its a super short wheel base but it still weighs about 50 pounds
thats b/c you have a monster on it! you should look at getting the one at fluid ride its an 04 w/ 10 inches of bottomless travel:drool: (wink wink) jk

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
bikerpunk98199 said:
thats b/c you have a monster on it! you should look at getting the one at fluid ride its an 04 w/ 10 inches of bottomless travel:drool: (wink wink) jk
Shhh dont tell anybody that my front fork weighs a staggering 11 pounds keep it on the downlow hhehehe. Thankfully its only the 7 inch version hehehe

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
you need more speed than I tought. Some clay over the roots on the run in will help a lot, as well as some on the landing of the tabletop.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
DBR X6 RIDER said:
If it did rain down there, it probably wasn't much...likely enough to make it good & tacky tomorrow. I'm planning on heading down there early-mid afternoon tomorrow...or Saturday. Both?
Its sure raining hard at my house today! I onder what its doing at SST

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
if anybody is going to be building down there I might show up. All the rain doesn't really make me want to ride.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I celebrated the holiday yesterday pretty hard and kind of overslept today.:dead:
Looks like it was pissing rain something fierce last night/this morning. I'll be down there tomorrow...initially to ride, but if the riding isn't going well I will likely bust out the shovels, etc.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
me and the wife and son are gonna try and stop by tomorrow in the later afternoon for an hour or 2 of fun. hope to meet some of you!

(we'll be the couple with a baby...)

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Well, I guess I could have rode after all. Beautiful evening. I used the time I would have been riding to put some new rubber on my Knolly. I found some 2.6 Kenda Kinetics at Performance for $10 a tire! Sweet!

Nothing pimps your ride faster than a new set of rubber. I hope they don't suck. I took off an 2.7 Maxxis Mobster that was getting pretty bare.

Also added an Azonic HeadLock to my headset. Wow, that sucker really secures your fork. No chance of that coming loose now.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Big B said:
Well, I guess I could have rode after all. Beautiful evening. I used the time I would have been riding to put some new rubber on my Knolly. I found some 2.6 Kenda Kinetics at Performance for $10 a tire! Sweet!

Nothing pimps your ride faster than a new set of rubber. I hope they don't suck. I took off an 2.7 Maxxis Mobster that was getting pretty bare.

Also added an Azonic HeadLock to my headset. Wow, that sucker really secures your fork. No chance of that coming loose now.
Sweet! Performance usually has the best deals on tires that ive ever seen!