Quantcast

Monkeyfest minus less than a week...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
i may be interested in going too. i think it would be cool to meet some of you tards. i've enjoyed reading and posting here, pretty much my type of people with my sense of humor. so i have a couple of questions. is there any room left in the lodge and what's the current cost? also, what are the trails like there, i've never been. i cant ride anything too technical because A. i suck and B. i had a hernia repair 2 mths ago and the doc didnt want me doing anything crazy so i guess i'd need fire road type riding.
For the most part, the trails are not very technical by New England standards. There are a few trails that are exceptions, but most of the trails are smooth and fast and the trails are all marked by difficulty level. You could easily ride there all weekend and keep the riding smooth. Many of the trails are a lot smoother than the fire roads.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
i may be interested in going too. i think it would be cool to meet some of you tards. i've enjoyed reading and posting here, pretty much my type of people with my sense of humor. so i have a couple of questions. is there any room left in the lodge and what's the current cost? also, what are the trails like there, i've never been. i cant ride anything too technical because A. i suck and B. i had a hernia repair 2 mths ago and the doc didnt want me doing anything crazy so i guess i'd need fire road type riding.

Yes, there is still room in the lodge, cost should be about $50 (hopefully less) for the weekend and the riding there is great...you could easily have a whole weekend of non-technical trails (just don't let us talk you into the drunken night ride down Moose Alley) :cheers:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I think Berkshire Rider is in too.
I'm in, but will be staying at the Wildflower Inn instead of the lodge. I have to work a full-day on Friday August 1st, so I have no idea what time I will actually get up there? I thought about camping in the back yard of the lodge, but setting up a tent after dark kinda sucks. Especially with BadDNA launching potatoes at me.......

I'll be there to drink beer and for the Sat and Sun rides plus the Pub Outback dinner Sat night. (Basically just sleeping somewhere different).

Anyone know what time Trout River closes on Friday night?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm in, but will be staying at the Wildflower Inn instead of the lodge. I have to work a full-day on Friday August 1st, so I have no idea what time I will actually get up there? I thought about camping in the back yard of the lodge, but setting up a tent after dark kinda sucks. Especially with BadDNA launching potatoes at me.......

I'll be there to drink beer and for the Sat and Sun rides plus the Pub Outback dinner Sat night. (Basically just sleeping somewhere different).

Will you be joining us for breakfasts as well?

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Maybe it's too early to be thinking about this, but I'd like to see if anyone from New York would like to carpool to Monkeyfest?

I live in Ithaca (fairly centrally located), and I am willing to drive or ride with someone else and share the cost of gas. If I drive, I can fit 2-3 other people/bikes in my car, depending on how much cr@p you bring with you. My trunk is fairly roomy, but like I said, it depends on "stuff" overflows into the back seat, meaning less room for people. I have a small-to-mid-size 4-door sedan with hitch rack that holds 4 bikes. I'd like to leave early-ish Friday morning and be up there by Friday evening.

Let me know if you're interested. I promise you I am a good and safe driver (I've never had a ticket or an accident, aside from the deer than ran into me a few months ago **knock on wood**)!! :biggrin:

~Brenda

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm in, but will be staying at the Wildflower Inn instead of the lodge. I thought about camping in the back yard of the lodge, but setting up a tent after dark kinda sucks. Especially with BadDNA launching potatoes at me.......
I'll spend some time and work out the range and trajectory...you won't be safe there either.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont

Brewery usually stops serving pizza at around 9:00 pm...beers stop flowing when the last person leaves!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Let me check with Sq-Earl...it's our anniversary weekend so I wouldn't mind an additional day of riding & exploring and I have put up with him for 10 years :busted:
So what is the verdict? Anyone else interested? It would be cool if we could get enough people to reserve the dorm all to ourselves.
Ohterwise we would have to camp. I don't mind camping but we are staying at the inn for the weekend and it would be nice to not have to bring our camping stuff for just one night.

Let me know asap so we can reserve the dorm.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Welcome strange dweller of the KT. I am hoping you'll be joining us for some festivities this year!
Yo, yo! The Kingdom is ripe for a bunch of Monkeys! What are the dates again? I was going to look back, but 15 pages is pretty daunting.

Trails are fantastic right now! Think I will go riding this afternoon...:monkeydance:

badcrumble

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
wooooster, MA
I'll almost certainly be bringing a guest, she'll be registering here soon to introduce herself.
Hi everyone..I am she.
My name is Claire and I've been riding with BadDNA and Woodsguy and maybe some of you others (hard to tell with the names!...I met Splat last week at Whitehall). Anyway, they mentioned monkeyfest to me and once I'd seen photos from the last couple of years I was excited to come
Looking very much forward to doing some riding and beer swilling with you all
Thanks for letting me join the party!

Hi everyone..I am she.
My name is Claire and I've been riding with BadDNA and Woodsguy and maybe some of you others (hard to tell with the names!...I met Splat last week at Whitehall). Anyway, they mentioned monkeyfest to me and once I'd seen photos from the last couple of years I was excited to come
Looking very much forward to doing some riding and beer swilling with you all
Thanks for letting me join the party!
HOORAY!

Wow, we must be up to...what.... 6 women now?! LOL