Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
110 unfortunately....otherwise you'd see a millermatic 210 sitting in place of that bottlerocket ;)

i cant express how impressed i am with this bike

i feel sorry for all the owners that bought theirs painted, the raw finish absolutely makes the bike

completely unbeliveable how crazy the workmanship on this thing is

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I posted mine in the GMT, but not here. I got it used from another Monkey.

mtb527

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
Just updated my ToP for the 07 season. upgraded to 07 DJ2, new Arrow front wheel, new grips, new brake lever and best of all new seat.

dude badass i just got one of the white trail or park frames in yesterday!!!!! but i am not supposed to know about it:brows: I am putting some white halo rims on it with green profile hubs!!!! ohhh yummmy i will get pics up when it is finished

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
as it sits in the picture it weighs in at 38.1 lbs

as for changes.....i plan to lose the front shifter and der.
also, lighter tires, some real pedals and possibily the new holzfeller oct crank...not sure on that yet though

as for the fork, it is amazing. i am headin out now to get it tuned, but the ride home from the shop last night was a real eye-opening experience as far as fork ride quality and feel

ive got to say that this is one of the most amazingly constructed frames ive seen, the build quality is stunning....i feel sorry for anyone that bought this frame painted, the raw finish really makes the bike in my opinion

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Hahaha... I thought this was funny. My bike looks stolen after that other poster with the pic against the tree....

Back in the spring... right after it's first little ride. Then I was hurt all summer. New cranks...everything else is the same. Works great.

Jan 9, 2007
yeah it is...i'm thinking about getting a white trail and park or a soul loki or roscoe....both are great companies...you gotta think though, the trail and park frame are basically bmx frames, just trade out your fork and put in a suspension one er no?

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Damn, that bike is as fugly as me.
I actually agree with you.... I always think large size frames look funny. Why do you think I rode undersize bikes for so long? Actually, this bike/setup is the best FR bike I have owned. It's the more versatile than anything I've had before.

Do you still have the bullit? E-mail my work address sometime...

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
hey just to keep you Transition fans up to date, they are now offering 4 color options for the TBC Revolutions wheels. Black, White, Red and Brown. available in about 2 weeks.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
little update, finally got some good pictures.
my preston

my top

my truck at the trail head with neils BR heather and my Prestons and Heathers Gran Mal

between the three of us we have:
Gran mal
Dirtbag (not pictured)
Bottle Rocket
2 Prestons
Trail or park

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
those look suspiciously like a drop to flat and a jump to flat you have your br propped on. :plthumbsdown: you wouldn't do that to a transition would you? :shocked:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
sick bottlerocket.
i love the green and gold combo.
i liked my bottlerocket with a pike. it is plenty of fork for most rides. unless you do some crazy dh/huck/jump stuff, i would say stick with the pike. i bought my 36Van first, then tried the pike later. if i had tried the pike first, i might have passed on the 36.

Mar 4, 2003
Somewhere in Alabama
Yea, there's a tranny we built behind the jump that you can't see in the pic. I would never disgrace the Bottlerocket with a drop or a jump to flat. About the Pike - I just got a Sovereign that I'll probably throw the Pike on, so I'll need to get something new for the Transition (which is where the 36 comes into play).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
consider a Talas (or another shock with travel adjust like a domain/lyrik) as you may find, as i did, that in some situations the shorter front end feels better.