Quantcast

NHL Playoffs . . .

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Man do I hate life and broken sticks but at least the Chi/Van game was crazy. When Kane scored that backhander the place went nuts.

Why do I hate Ovechkin?

Example #1

Example #2

Example #3

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm looking forward to that Bruins/Whalers game tonight. Walker is going to have a huge target on his back. He'd have been better off getting suspended.

Ovechkin rules. I hope he goes deep into the playoffs just to annoy the haters. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I don't understand why people feel the way they do about Ovechkin... What has he done to make you think that?

I love how hard he plays the game and the passion he brings, but I can do without his over the top goal celebrations and end of game win celebrations.

I also hated his cheap knee shot on Sergei Gonchar - that was a cheapy.

The guy can play though and he's got the quickest release in all of hockey right now in terms of his wrist and snap shots.

He just needs to mature a little more IMO.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
I also hated his cheap knee shot on Sergei Gonchar - that was a cheapy.
To me, it looked pretty innocent. Just looked like they ran into each other. Of course, I don't actually play hockey. A buddy of mine who actually plays hockey says it was cheap and dirty as well.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
To me, it looked pretty innocent. Just looked like they ran into each other. Of course, I don't actually play hockey. A buddy of mine who actually plays hockey says it was cheap and dirty as well.
I've played hockey since I was a little kid up through college and that was definitely not cool and pretty cheap.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I've played hockey since I was a little kid up through college and that was definitely not cool and pretty cheap.
Similar hockey pedigree...and agree, Ovies hit was cheap. But he is awesome, I love the passion he brings and the fact that he is actually excited about the game. Ovie v. Crosby is a great rivalry!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Feel free to leave the NHL PLAYOFF thread if you feel that they are not interesting enough...
now sunshine, he who sits when he pees, where did i say the nhl playoffs were not exciting...just that your comparison between the nba playoffs not being as exciting as the nhl playoffs this year is wrong.

now go freshen up the wound between your legs.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
now sunshine, he who sits when he pees, where did i say the nhl playoffs were not exciting...just that your comparison between the nba playoffs not being as exciting as the nhl playoffs this year is wrong.

now go freshen up the wound between your legs.
Says you! But NBA is not interesting in teh slightest to me...and so what if I sit when I pee? I gotta read sometimes. You dont see any NBA playoff threads hereabouts, do you?

MMc, Kane has had a great playoff so far...I hope he keeps it up! Buff too!

How about the Wings/Ducks finish last night? 3 of 4 series going to game 7? Awesome!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Game 7s in NHL playoff series are so great! Awesome to see three of the 4 series in this round go the distance.

Anyone want to make a prediction on tonight's Caps vs. Pens game? Do Ovechkin and Crosby shine yet again? Does one guy stand head and shoulders above the other tonight? Or do the role players get involved with key hits, blocked shots, goals that make the difference? Will Varlamov cave in under the pressure of a Game 7? Or will the pressure not phase him?

Should be a dandy tonight!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Penguins for the win but I am a homer.

I just predict something like this happening tonight.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
2 goals in 8 seconds. Bye bye caps. Bruins/pens should be a great series.

Did you see that glove save by Fleury on Ovechkin in the 1st? Unbelievable glove save.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Holy Crap did the Capitals ever lay a gigantic egg tonight.

Not even a contest - Pittsburgh dominated from start to finish.

I hope the game 7s tomorrow night are more exciting that the yawner that tonight's game turned out to be.

Maybe it is just kharma coming back to haunt Ovechkin for his cheapy on Gonchar.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sid is the man.

Ovechkin sucks but Mike Greene and Varlamov suck more.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
wow! what a series!

the stats show the pens had more shots overall and for the most point dominated play. The difference was Varlamov! In game 7 the Pens broke him! Fluery came up big and set the tone!

If you as a player know that your netminder is ON! You have faith and can push, and put pressure on that much more! Last night Fluery was on and gave the Pens the chance to put the pressure on the Caps!

that is a series that I will always remember and talk about for sure!

I am looking forward to tonights game! BRUINS? CANES? what say you? Boston finally is showing there true colors, do the Canes have it in them?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I say Boston wins - and the first goal is scored by Patrice Bergeron - that gets the crowd going nuts and they prevail 3-2 tonight.

Last night, Washington could not solve the Penguins forecheck - they looked like they had feet of lead and hands of stone in their defensive zone. So many turnovers. It was ugly. What a flop for a 7th game effort. Sort of made the 7th game a bit of a let down for a hockey fan who wasn't rooting for one team or the other - just enjoying the great hockey and intensity in that series.

Oh well - **** happens.

Could we end up with a Pens vs. Red Wings rematch when all is said and done? Time will tell I guess.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Bruins 4-1 First goal by Savard.

This will be huge for Boston especially at home. The crowd will be unbelievable, I should have bought tickets.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I got the Bruins winning something like 3-1 may be an EN at the end.

For some reason I am going to pick the Ducks. I don't know why I just got a feeling plus I hate the Wings. Game 7s are hard to win at home but I think the Bruins will pull it out because if Staal is off and Ward doesn't play out of mind they can't win. The Ducks I think have a little bit more fire power than an 8th seed should have, but you never know what is going to happen.

It appered that Savard was ok when he left the game. I think it had to do more with the score of the game and there was no reason to play the rest of it.

Last edited: