Quantcast

Post your "going big air" or road gap photo!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Me on our road gap. Ignore the date as the pic was taken last spring.

another angle of it.you do gap over a road.

some other drops

Lil Manimal

Chimp
Dec 23, 2007
Second Grade

I was six years old on this drop at Santos. It was kind of scary but really fun. I'm going to do the bigger one when we go back to Florida over my spring break.

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
25ft lip to landing (we measured it with a tape measure), and he over jumpd it by a couple feet. I'm the photog, Mark something is the rider.

brittmtb

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
Nice riding everyone. Here I am on my favorite road gap.

Road Gap 1.JPG

and here is a sequence I put together
Road Gap Sequence 2.jpg

If you click on them they get a little bigger, I'm not sure how to get them big like the others.

El Moco Loco

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Judging by the looks of it, it is most definately a pinkbike measurement.:monkey:

Ha, I knew that was coming, but Nah man....No pinkbike measurements here. Its exactly 18-ft from the edge of the wood to the top of the lander, so if you send it with some speed it could even be close to 20Ft, if not more

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
No pinkbike measurements here. Its exactly 18-ft from the edge of the wood to the top of the lander, so if you send it with some speed it could even be close to 20Ft, if not more
Exactly. That measurement is not the height of the drop, or the correct length because there is a gap too so you are not going straight down. Most def a pinkbike measurement. Thank you for proving my point.:clapping:

El Moco Loco

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Exactly. That measurement is not the height of the drop, or the correct length because there is a gap too so you are not going straight down. Most def a pinkbike measurement. Thank you for proving my point.:clapping:
:monkeydance:Congrats on being right :monkeydance:

On a real note, how does one properly measure a drop then?

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
30ish foot slightly hipped stepdown from like 4 years ago, I still think it's a pretty cool shot. Except for the ugly helmet..