Quantcast

Random new bike thread

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

This has been attempted a couple times in the past, but I have to admit after having thrown a leg over one of Trek's IsoStrut equipped bikes I'm intrigued by this installment.

Beta's piece delivers a lot more than PB's one:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

This has been attempted a couple times in the past, but I have to admit after having thrown a leg over one of Trek's IsoStrut equipped bikes I'm intrigued by this installment.

Would 100% run the Trek isostrut if it was gifted to me, the power transfer idea is valid and it works. Would 100% never spend my own money on proprietary crap like the isostrut or this. This guy claims it’s not, but the shaft, the arrangement, etc., but it most definitely is. I even have a few shocks on my XC race bike, one with a rather hard lockout for races and one set up better for trails. Being limited to one specific shock is dumb. If I wanted light, I’d go for a flex pivot design. If I wanted rigid, dual link.

plus, crowdfunding seems to say to me, “not a good enough idea for someone else to buy or to justify a business loan”…

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I could go for that. But would, like the Beta writer, prefer a 29er rear wheel too.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Any idea if the frame stiffness would need a vigara since the top tube is only attached to the seat tube via that brace? Looks pretty damn slick regardless.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Apologies if previously posted here..
But this was brought to my attention this afternoon.

Thought you guys might show a passing interest in it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pretty cool adaptive bike by orange. Also first bike ever with a pair of forks!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty cool adaptive bike by orange. Also first bike ever with a pair of forks!
nah, there's some bike company that makes hunting specific fat bikes that has done it.

google says the company is call Rungu. and that its a moped vs just a pedal assist ebike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thats awesome and is pretty cool to be able to stop and balance and whatnot. I saw a guy (got passed by him actually, haha) riding a custom electric DH bike at MSA last summer (I think it was an old Norco or something hacked up) and he was absolutely flying. Though it was still a bike with two wheels, so he either needed his buddy to help with balancing, a tree or......flop over to the ground.

Why does it have pedals and cranks? Seems like something that could get caught up on crap?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
New Rallon on the way. Damien Oton riding it
View attachment 164340
The GMBN Instagram had a story yesterday about it. I expected them to lengthen/slacken/lower it. Instead of all of that, they just put a porta-sandwich in the downtube and called the day off.

Seriously, Orbea needs to get on board of the shorter seat tube bandwagon once and for all.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Selling CNCd prototypes is such a funny marketing ploy in an industry where generally speaking bikes are better built and incredibly dependable compared to back in the day.

I guess there are dudes who want to pay a premium to beta test for a garage builder.

It's like 1998 all over again.