Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Peak Brewing Alb Weiss Wheat beer, and as a taste test comparison to be followed by Emerson's Weissbier and then Emersons Dunkleweiss dark wheat beer. :D

And that get's me to enough empty bottles to start brewing my next batch of home brew.
Which should I try making next a
Pilsner
Indian Pale Ale
Strong Belgian ale?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Left Hand Milk stout. So good.

Tried Sierra Nevada Kelleweis tonight as well, good stuff!

Also have a 6er of Ska True Blonde in the fridge.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I got some pity-rep for my last post about having Yeungling Light so I treated myself to some Magic Hat HEX Ourtoberfest. Absolutely delicious.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Well, I'm having a Captain and Coke right now. I purchased a 6'er of Sam Adams Blackberry Whitbeir and a 6'er of Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. Should be a good night!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I came across this at the UT state liquor store a couple nights ago. It was a "NEW PRODUCT!", $12, and said "bourbon" on the label. I like to try all the crappy bourbons, as from time to time you'll find a a decent one (see: Ancient Age). It also helps that I'm a bourbon whore. And things lacking detail on the label intrigue me.

Anywhosawhatsit, when I got home, I took a sip neat and realized that I'd purchased not bourbon, but bourbon liquer, as per the label. Given that it was 100 proof and disgusting, I downed half the fifth in order to hurriedly dispose of it. Later, when much more intoxicated, I wiki'd the stuff to discover it is the favored drink of American fighter pilots, and generally only sold on/around fighter bases.

http://www.check-six.com/lib/Drinks/JeremiahWeed.htm

It tastes like fairy butt pee, but has an awesome pedigree, and reminds you about itself the day after. I'm also convinced that if I showed up to a sorority house with a handle of it and a gallon jug of lemonaide I'd be whiskey-dicking my way through an orgy within three hours.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I rode the fart out of my bike today, then had a steak sammich with a Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous IPA at the post-ride eatery. Damn...that was a tasty beer.
:drool:

That stuff is awesome. I feel weird calling an IPA because it's defiantly not pale, I guess it is a "black IPA" or whatever though.

Had a SN Torpedo, a Flying Dog Gonzo and a Sam Smith's India Ale last night.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:drool:

That stuff is awesome. I feel weird calling an IPA because it's defiantly not pale, I guess it is a "black IPA" or whatever though.

Had a SN Torpedo, a Flying Dog Gonzo and a Sam Smith's India Ale last night.
Yeah, black IPA. It definitely had the smell and taste of an IPA, but a thick mouthfeel. I love seeing stuff like that on tap. :)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yep, first time I've had it.
Cool. Any other recommendations for the style? Port's Old Viscosity is pretty awesome too, and I thought I liked it better than SSR at one point but then I realized I was wrong. Haven't really had any other black IPAs.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Hey man, when the gal wants to drink something other than wine I do my best to make her happy. She enjoys the Blackberry Whitbeir and the Pumpkin Ale isn't a pumpkin-flavored ale but more of just a Fall seasonal. When she wants either of those or Bud Light Lime, I make sure the BL stays on the shelf. She'll get a fresh bottle of wine soon and I'll get myself something nice. I'm still putting myself through school so it's kind of hard to afford really good beer. Sometimes I must sacrifice a bit :(

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah...they're out of Ponderay, ID and I've seen very few stores around here carrying that brewery's product. Bonus for me: I've got a few high end grocers and a couple specialty beer/wine/sake stores that are within about 15 minutes of me so I'm pretty spoiled.
I'm pretty well catered to in that regard as well, though a lot of the places here tend to pretty much just do CA stuff, plus a few bigger east coast/ Colorado breweries (DFH, Victory, Avery, etc).