Quantcast

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Happy Thanksgiving to ME!!! Adoration was fantastic as usual, Samichlaus will go in the cellar for at least 3 years, and a few pulls off the amazing Stranahan's after a long ride has been great!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Coffee... Haven't had a beer in over a week, stupid cold. **But** the local brewer tapped their seasonal IPA last night, so we're probably heading over for a pint or two this weekend. When this is fresh it's FANTASTIC, quite possibly the best beer I've ever had. Can't wait...

edit: BTW, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about lack of dates on bottles. The beer only has a B+ rating on BA, but they only brew it once per year (usually in the fall/early winter) and when fresh the ratings are high, but plummet throughout the year (7-8 months later it's no wonder the IPA isn't as good). Come on, guys, date your bottles!

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Rum and coke. The only thing this broke bastard has in the house since spending almost $200 in drink on Friday for the crew.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA followed by a few 60 minutes....ran out of the good stuff and left with Smithwicks now. Oh well....at least Inglorious Basterds is on Showtime now.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA followed by a few 60 minutes....ran out of the good stuff and left with Smithwicks now. Oh well....at least Inglorious Basterds is on Showtime now.
Can't go wrong with Smithwicks only if it is on tap.

Just found a few New Belgium Belgo's in the back of the fridge. Not a huge fan, but it is beer and we are getting dumped on right now, so no going to the store.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Not a terrible "backup beer" but far from my first choice. Sucks because my fridge at home is stocked with 60 minutes, Opa Opa IPAs and Bear Republic Racer 5s. Mmmmm.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Not a terrible "backup beer" but far from my first choice. Sucks because my fridge at home is stocked with 60 minutes, Opa Opa IPAs and Bear Republic Racer 5s. Mmmmm.
Pardon me whilst I drool on the keyboard!
Excited to enjoy some Swithwicks on tap at the local Irish bar in VT when I got back for Xmas.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Where do you buy beer and why is it not near me?

Also, that Paradox Smoke Head on the left is pretty damn good.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Where do you buy beer and why is it not near me?

Also, that Paradox Smoke Head on the left is pretty damn good.
This was at the local *MegaBeerMart* here in Simsbury, CT. I'm kind of surprised to see these just sitting out on the shelf, but then again this is Simsbury, CT. People here don't know how to crime.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Last night: CW's Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale (barleywine) It's the foundation for their annual BBBW, and damn tasty. It's already been aged ~1 year at the brewery, and can't wait to see how it's going to taste in another couple years.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
This was at the local *MegaBeerMart* here in Simsbury, CT. I'm kind of surprised to see these just sitting out on the shelf, but then again this is Simsbury, CT. People here don't know how to crime.
If you like scotch, go back and buy that Paradox Smokehead. If you don't like scotch, stop sucking at life, then go buy that Paradox Smokehead. :monkey:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Here's what people WON'T be drinking..... My latest shipment of beer from Germany arrived this morning.
The top layer of kegs on one of the pallets was munted!
Note the two kegs in the middle not only did what ever the freight company put on top of the pallet have enough weight to crush the guards but it still was able to punch inwards the tops of 2 dome shaped pressure vessels. :eek:
The couplers have been punched down and mashed.

Fugit.... I'm off for a pint in the sun at the local craft beer bar. :thumb:

Attachments

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Rum and coke right now and then off to Vermont for nothing but german/belgian beer at Das Bierhaus and local VT brews!!! Can't wait!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just back from my Christmas day ride, I had a bottle of the Waldhaus Spezial Gold at the summit of Makara and now I'm opening a rigger of the new Yeastie boys "Her Majesty" 2011 an IPA made to how the very first IPA's would have been from Burton on Trent. :)

Stunningly nice day down here, The single tracks are in mint condition, zero clouds, warm 20°C, light sea breeze, Just about to crank up the wood fired BBQ.

Merry Xmas to you all. :thumb: