Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Was in the mood for something.....lighter.

Picked one of these up as an impulse buy from the same liquor store. From Kenya, pretty good too, my expectations were pretty low but I'd buy it again, if just to spite the birther tard who made this LOL worthy poster. PAWN/Beer thread merge!

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Currently drinking Magic Hat Encore. It tastes like they tried to copy Three Floyds Gumballhead (which is amazing) but Magic Hat didn't get it quite right.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Im drinking Sam Adams alpine spring for the first time . IMO it's just meh I prefer noble pils over alpine spring as a spring lager . Hopefully that also is available in my area or it's going to be a long spring

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had an absolute sh*t of a day but now to make up i'm having an 8wired Saison Savin in the sun.
It's a Saison that Søren has chosen to showcase the Nelson Savin hop.
The Savin is so named as it imparts flavours and aromas quite similar to an NZ Savignion Blanc.

I'm lovin the combo!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I went in search of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot today and could not find any in my area . But I did find Sierra Nevada ruthless rye and it's pretty good :thumb:.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
just finished a pint of home made breakast stout...now, an old fashioned with buelit rye & home made maraschino cherries.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Shared an '08 Lost Abbey Angel Share last night (the brandy barrel aged one) then had a glass of Double Jack from the tap. Finished the night off with a glass of Firestone Walker 13. There were a few tastes of other things as well (a Pliny the Elder, the Bruery 2 Turtle Doves, etc)...but those were the highlights.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last night was a degustaion menu matched to beer at Hashigo Zake.

Som Tam
Green Papaya salad matched to Nøgne Saison

Hiyayakko
Cold fresh tofu with fresh grated Ginger and some spring onion doused in hot sesame oil matched to La Chouffe blond

Ayam Sate
Chicken Sate chilli peanut sauce matched to Baird "Angry boy brown ale"

Jae-Yook Bo-Kum
Pork belly stir fried with Kimchi matched with Green Flash West Coast IPA

Kao Ya
Chinese roasted duck breast matched to 8wired Big smoke

Desert
A rich Christmas cake spiced with 5spice and a star anise chocolate sauce matched to Shiggys homebrew imperial Russian stout.

Best match for me was the Duck and big smoke (Tofu and Chouffe a VERY close 2nd)

Best beer was big smoke runner up was Nøgne Saison

Best dish was the Pork belly, runner up was Duck

Pics uploaded to my other website here..... http://forums.freeriden.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=148272#148272