Quantcast

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Ummm... no. It IS sh!t beer. Just to be clear. :p
:( I wish I could be as cool as you guys... Sorry my girlfriend doesn't have such exquisite taste. :rolleyes:

Drank more Blue Moon Spring Blonde tonight and a couple Yeungling when those were done. Got sh!tty, so they did their job. :happydance:

Oh man, I wish I cared what you guys thought. My life would be so much more awesome... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Not really. Don't much like Hefeweizens.

DFH 90 min.

You're like every woman I've ever known. There is just no pleasing you.

Was going to pick up some 90min but I'll want (2) 4-packs so I'll save that for tomorrow night. I have sh!t to do tomorrow and that 6'er of UFO has me a bit sh!tty.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You're like every woman I've ever known. There is just no pleasing you.
You're doing it wrong.

Nah there's no pleasing him.... HAB is a mutha***king Ninja of a whinger! ;)
You've clearly never had a Blue Moon product. Understandable since you're a Kiwi (and as far as I can tell, not a complete fvcking moron). The fact that they command prices comparable so some microbrews is horrifying.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
You're doing it wrong.
You've clearly never had a Blue Moon product. Understandable since you're a Kiwi (and as far as I can tell, not a complete fvcking moron). The fact that they command prices comparable so some microbrews is horrifying.
What exactly have I done wrong? I've "pleased" my woman, in bed and otherwise, but in the game of life they'll never be happy.

Also, I know you didn't direct the second half at me, but I didn't pay one cent for any Blue Moon product. Did you miss the part where I said my gal purchased the case?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What exactly have I done wrong? I've "pleased" my woman, in bed and otherwise, but in the game of life they'll never be happy.

Also, I know you didn't direct the second half at me, but I didn't pay one cent for any Blue Moon product. Did you miss the part where I said my gal purchased the case?
Please stop taking things I say seriously. I'm a sarcastic jackass and you should read everything I write with this in mind.

Jesus H. Christ.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Jesus H. Christ.
His middle name is Herman damnit!

Oh yeah, I'm a sarcastic jackass as well. Just a bit inebriated at this point so my sarcasm detector may be on the fritz.:DThe obvious conclusion is that I need to drink more beer.:p Wait, it's 3:00am, I need to go to bed...

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You give him sh!t for Blue Moon and then proceed to name those two? :rofl:
I'll give you that the Levitation isn't all that awesome but I think my choice of the DFH is entirely defensible. Are you making fun of it because you don't like it or because everybody and their mother is into DFH since Brewmasters came out?

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
You've mistaken your poor choice as representing all wimmen. Fail. :D
I like to think I did pretty well in the grand scheme of things. She just picked my up a 6'er of SA Noble Pils to drink while she lets me watch the ROLEX 24 @ Daytona all day. Hell, she was going to take me to the ROLEX 24 but if we were going to drink then we'd have to stay all night. I figured I'll watch it at home and get sh!tty on my couch.

:rofl:

Must spread.
Indeed. Repped.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I like to think I did pretty well in the grand scheme of things. She just picked my up a 6'er of SA Noble Pils to drink while she lets me watch the ROLEX 24 @ Daytona all day. Hell, she was going to take me to the ROLEX 24 but if we were going to drink then we'd have to stay all night. I figured I'll watch it at home and get sh!tty on my couch.
Warning sign. :D

vagoscribe

Chimp
Dec 17, 2010
Hosting a Tasting this evening, which could involve any of the following being pulled from the cellar, among others:

2007 Goose Bourbon County Stout
2008 " " " "
Weyerbacher Blasphemy
Founders Breaky Stout and Kentucky Breaky Stout...some various years.
Dark Lord (black wax)

Venison chili, along with some 100% cacao flourless cake, to wash it all down! Woo Hoo!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'll give you that the Levitation isn't all that awesome but I think my choice of the DFH is entirely defensible. Are you making fun of it because you don't like it or because everybody and their mother is into DFH since Brewmasters came out?
I'm making fun of *you* because you give him sh!t for drinking Blue Moon and Harpoon, when in fact you're drinking two of the most over-hyped mediocre nationwide breweries (or at least available nationwide) out there. Be careful when you criticize others, as there's *always* someone out there who can point and laugh at whatever you're drinking. :D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm making fun of *you* because you give him sh!t for drinking Blue Moon and Harpoon, when in fact you're drinking two of the most over-hyped mediocre nationwide breweries (or at least available nationwide) out there. Be careful when you criticize others, as there's *always* someone out there who can point and laugh at whatever you're drinking. :D
I didn't really make fun of Harpoon. And you're right that Stone and DFH are overhyped, but at least I do think they make some good stuff. The 90 Min IPA is a very tasty beer.

I will apologize because I was being a drunk belligerent ass last night.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
+1 for this. 90 minute and Burton Baton are awesome. I have access to lots of good IIPAs and those two still stand out.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I didn't really make fun of Harpoon. And you're right that Stone and DFH are overhyped, but at least I do think they make some good stuff. The 90 Min IPA is a very tasty beer.

I will apologize because I was being a drunk belligerent ass last night.
DFH and Stone are both solid breweries putting out very, very good beer, but I feel that much of their reputation comes from the fact that both distribute nationally to the point that *everyone* can find it. I'll take Hopslam over 90min IPA, or even Ale Asylum's Ballistic/Satisfaction Jackson if it's fresh from the brewery's taproom (Ballistic in particular seems to degrade VERY quickly, which is why its reviews start out high and then plummet. They NEED to start dating their bottles). That might just be my taste buds though?

Stone is good, but there are definitely breweries I prefer over it, like Bells, Lagunitas, Great Lakes, Victory, etc. Stone entered the WI market a couple years ago and is actually pulling out due to sales not meeting their expectations. The problem isn't their beer, it's just that we have SO MUCH to choose from it's hard for them to stand out (especially since they're $1-3 more per 6-pack than most other beers here).

But mainly I was just showing I can be a condescending a$$hole too. :thumb:

Contemplating another ride to Ale Asylum today. It's a great incentive to get out and ride, knowing that there's a brewery taproom at the destination (and yummy stout). Can't think of a better incentive to go out and ride 11-12 miles total in 20deg weather.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
DFH and Stone are both solid breweries putting out very, very good beer, but I feel that much of their reputation comes from the fact that both distribute nationally to the point that *everyone* can find it. I'll take Hopslam over 90min IPA, or even Ale Asylum's Ballistic/Satisfaction Jackson if it's fresh from the brewery's taproom (Ballistic in particular seems to degrade VERY quickly, which is why its reviews start out high and then plummet. They NEED to start dating their bottles). That might just be my taste buds though?

Stone is good, but there are definitely breweries I prefer over it, like Bells, Lagunitas, Great Lakes, Victory, etc. Stone entered the WI market a couple years ago and is actually pulling out due to sales not meeting their expectations. The problem isn't their beer, it's just that we have SO MUCH to choose from it's hard for them to stand out (especially since they're $1-3 more per 6-pack than most other beers here).
I totally agree. They make good stuff, they don't make stuff that's better than what a lot of lesser known breweries do. I do have the advantage of being close to Stone, so their prices are pretty comparable to most other things in my neck of the woods.

I've never had Hopslam, but have heard good things. The 90 Min IPA is IMO one of the best IPAs easily found in 12oz bottles around here. There are better IPAs out there for sure but it's pretty solid.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh, and I've been on a bit of a Lagunitas kick of late. Lucky 13 is really excellent, and I like Little Sumpin and their Cappuccino Stout a lot too.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Last night I went to a pub that had some nice beers on tap, so I sampled a few. My list:

Sam Adams Noble Pils (before I left the house)
Dogfish Head Special Release
Harpoon IPA
St. Bernardus Abt 12 ($15/glass but SO damn good...)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Last night I went to a pub that had some nice beers on tap, so I sampled a few. My list:

Sam Adams Noble Pils (before I left the house)
Dogfish Head Special Release
Harpoon IPA
St. Bernardus Abt 12 ($15/glass but SO damn good...)
Nice! Just picked up a bottle of the Abt 12, really looking forward to trying it.