Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^ damn that sounds like a good concoction.

Honeybush is a tea from africa...its flowers DO look like tiny vulvas though. :brows:

right now-Blue Sky Ginseng Rootbeer.

haven't been boozing it up too much lately.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I might not know what spectacular is but I really enjoyed Lagunitas IPA. It inspired me to brew a beer in it's honor, in fact.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I might not know what spectacular is but I really enjoyed Lagunitas IPA. It inspired me to brew a beer in it's honor, in fact.
It's good for sure. I think further testing is required. Good thing I have 5 more in the fridge. :cheers:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
21st Amendment Back In Black. Body's a little weak but the flavor is good, and it poured a nice thick head. Smells awesome.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Another Lagunitas IPA. Still tasty. What I meant by the previous "not spectacular" comment is that it's a very good, but pretty standard American IPA. Tasty, nicely done, all that. But there's nothing in particular about it that really makes it stand out. But I'm quite enjoying it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Things that are in my fridge:

-DFH Bourbon Baton
-Brooklyn Black Ops
-New Holland Dragon's Milk
-21st Amendment Back in Black
-Otter Creek Alpine Black IPA
-jonKranked's homebrew Dry Irish Stout
-Stone Oaked Bastard
-Lagunitas IPA
-Lagunitas Olde Gnarlywine
-Stone Old Guardian
-Deschutes Black Butte
-Flying Dog Raging Bitch
-North Coast Old Stock

In MY fridge right now:
-Sam Adams Boston Lager
-Sam Adams Irish Red
-Sam Adams TRIPPLE BOCK
-Sam Adams Winter white
-Sam Adams Rye Ale
-Obama Beer
-Stone Vertical Epic 08
-Stone Vertical Epic 09
-Stone Vertical Epic 10 (I have all the way back to 05 in the cellar)
-Rodenbach Grand Cru
-Saison DuPont
-Corsendonk Abby Pale Ale
-Trader Joe's "Simple Times" lager
-Home-brew MEAD from 2001
-Pacifico and Tecate
-Mission St Brown Ale
-Blue Moon winter Abby Ale

Last edited:

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Can anybody recommend a good Hefeweizen? I'm just starting to get into them, and so far I like Erdinger and Flying Dog In Heat Wheat. Not sure if those are considered "good" or not, but I'd love to hear some recommendations. I'm just a budding beer snob, but I'm trying to learn.

The Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend...... Sitting on my porch listening to Waylon Jennings missing my grandpa. I will never see a porch and not think of my Granddad drinking beer and quietly telling us about honor and humility. "trust", he said, "would only be given to others when you were able to trust yourself." I miss that man.....
Thank goodness for great beer (underage consumption) and men who are humble, loving and selfless.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Man, I want to like that stuff but I've never been able to get into it.
My favorite saison of the maybe 7-10 I've tried. And probably the only one that I've had where I'd happily buy a 12-pack and drink it all.

Tonight, I'm drinking homebrew. Brown ale brewed about 6 months ago (which is awesome and has gotten better with age), and an IIPA from over a year and a half ago that I found in the back of the 'fridge, which hasn't aged as well (hops lost a lot of their potency) but was still pretty good.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
My favorite saison of the maybe 7-10 I've tried. And probably the only one that I've had where I'd happily buy a 12-pack and drink it all.
That's cool. I've only had a couple but they're definitely not my favorite style of beer from my (limited) experience with them.

Currently: North Coast Old Stock. GO BUY THIS BEER. Seriously, I <3 it.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
That's cool. I've only had a couple but they're definitely not my favorite style of beer from my (limited) experience with them.

Currently: North Coast Old Stock. GO BUY THIS BEER. Seriously, I <3 it.
Have you found the bourbon barrel aged Old Stock? I just found that my nearest Central Market has a few (plus a crap load of other stuff I never thought I could get hold of)...oh dear god...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Last night my brother in law stopped by to watch some of the basketball games.

Rouge XS series Imperial Youngers Bitter (Stellar!!!)
Full Sail 2009 Old Boardhead Barleywine (Pretty damn good)
Bridgeport Highland Ambush Oak Aged Scotch Ale (Also pretty good)
and....

I actually found some Angle's Share from The Lost Abbey up here!!! (The brandy barrel aged one) If you have not had this stuff, get on it!!!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Capitol Tett Dopplebock.

Meh. Not really thrilled by it. I mean, it's a bock and therefore it's good, but it wasn't anything special. Definitely not worth the $11/4-pack it sells for in the store (picked it up at a bar for $3.25/bottle). I CAN'T WAIT for New Glarus's Uff Da to make a reappearance in May, but we'll just have to stock up for the winter...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Stuff I could drink tonight:

-Great Divide Oak Espresso Yeti
-Avery Samaels
-Firestone Double Jack

Decisions are hard.