Quantcast

So is anyone freaking out about hurricane Irene?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

This makes me smile. Jersey Shore is gonna get a flushing finally.
Maybe they can get DC just for fun. Still really wanna see Obama looting and Michelle and the girls in a makeshift life boat trying to find their way out.

Why can't storms like this make it to Crawford, TX?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This makes me smile. Jersey Shore is gonna get a flushing finally.
Maybe they can get DC just for fun. Still really wanna see Obama looting and Michelle and the girls in a makeshift life boat trying to find their way out.

Why can't storms like this make it to Crawford, TX?
How long till we see obamas head on the Katrina beer looters body?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
And this is why I love James Carville...

Do what people tend to do down here. After the danger has passed, get together and have a party. Hell, you have ice, you have beer, you have Makers, why not? Hopefully you will have electricity. To be sure, don't forget your playing cards. Good luck, and thanks for the help after the great engineering failure of 2005. I would call it Hurricane Katrina, but John Barry and Harry Shearer would kill me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have:

a) topped off both cars and the motorcycle with fuel, and filled up the 2.5 gallon plastic tank hanging around the garage
b) moved the garage cans, patio furniture, and the grill indoors
c) set my alarm for tomorrow morning for a whopping 15 minutes earlier
d) 6 gallons of water on hand in case we need it
e) flashlights have been located from the dark recesses of the house and garage

Part a was actually the hardest. Multiple gas stations were out of gas and lines were ubiquitous. Portents of fuel shortages in the medium to long term future, perhaps?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
-truck is topped off
-two carboys filled with water (just under 12 gallons)
-bike shop is packed up so i could get lizs car in the garage
-put all the plants from the patio in the garage too
-fresh batteries in my lantern
-a dozen candles
-6 cases of homebrew, a case of yuengling, a 4 pack of old rasputin, 6er of great divide rumbler, half a bottle of gin and a few random bottles of vodka
-still had some herb, scraped my grinder for keef. In good shape on that front
-plenty of food
-bunch of new pr0n downloaded on my tablet
-i might go enjoy a cigar before it starts raining heavily

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I went to the store this morning and bought four bottles of soda and a bag of pretzels. Wife and I are good to go.

Went for a 8.5 mile run first. Great morning for a run.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Went to Rigaud twice today (once for the bungee trampoline, one for the pump track)
Mowed the front lawn
Didn't bother vacuuming the pool....just took the skimmer to it....it's just going to fill with crap again

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Brought everything inside yesterday (patio furniture, grill, pool supplies, etc.) Took out the ac and buttoned up all the windows.

Awesome ride this morning, beer and enchiladas soon at a friend's house. Going to grab beer on the way home and watch movies and play guitar nonstop until the power goes out (if it does). Going to eat my Mountain House freeze-dried meals and cook them with my little camping stove if the power goes. Heck I'll use my Katadyn filter to filter flood water if my bottled supply runs out. I will survive.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
My flight didnt make it out today. Rebooked for monday. Instead of a nice Newark -> Hamburg flight, I have Philly -> Toronto -> Reykjavik -> Amsterdam, and then I have a BMW 1er reserved to drive the rest of the way about 480km.

*sigh

Here's hoping its not too epic, and leaving from Philly on Monday is remotely possible. Keep safe everyone. Got my UPS's charged, fresh batteries in all the LED lights, genny is gassed up in case power goes out and we need the sump pump going.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Jutny when are you in amsterdam? Im there next week.
umm, if my flight actually leaves i'll be there Tuesday and I don't think the Funeral is until Thursday(maybe friday?) in Hamburg, so I'll probably stay the duration in Amsterdam.

we should totally get together if we overlap.