Quantcast

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I was thinking, What do you think about bringing the road bikes as well to MF and maybe the Thursday night Monkeys do a road ride around the Kingdom Friday morning???

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Sandwich is a maybe for Bromont...are the rest of you gong to slap some baggy shorts on over your spandex, grab the body armor, full face helmets and step up or what?

:cheers:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Sandwich is a maybe for Bromont...are the rest of you gong to slap some baggy shorts on over your spandex, grab the body armor, full face helmets and step up or what?

O boy would I love to but just can't justify the $110 just to rent a DH bike.

I'm certainly not going to do it with a 100mm fox 32 attached to an Epic....lol :eek:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, that kind of stinks that it's so much to rent, but that is a great way to try it or do it occasionally. Plattekill had a great program where it was like 90 bucks and you got all the gear to ride with it, and your day pass....doesn't look like the case with Bromont.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Depends on whether we get our passports in time :( If not, we might just grab enhanced licenses too...I'll talk with Sq-Earl about it and let you know as we get closer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Depends on whether we get our passports in time :( If not, we might just grab enhanced licenses too...I'll talk with Sq-Earl about it and let you know as we get closer.
That should not be an issue at all.

MF = 7 plus weeks

Passports = As of (Tuesday May 25, 2010 ), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

I expedited mine and got it 2 weeks.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal

Sorry to be completely ignorant... but are we talking Bromont in Quebec here?

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Anyone driving up from anywhere around Baltimore?
Doubtful...

But Jetblue and Airtran have flights to Boston from BWI for $129 Round trip with tax Thursday to Monday.....I'm sure someone would be willing to pick you up in Boston......Check the rates to bring a bike or ship it. Only 1 1/2 hour flight...still a 3+ hour drive to Kingdom trails...just a thought

Update...Southwest has flights for around $150 and

Non-motorized Bicycles, will be accepted in substitution of a free piece of checked baggage at no additional charge provided the bicycle is properly packaged and the box containing the bicycle fits within the 62-inch sizing limit and weighs 50 lbs or less . (Maximum weight is 50 pounds and maximum size is 62 inches (length + width + height) per checked piece of luggage). The handlebars, kickstand, and pedals must be removed and placed inside the box. A $50.00 each-way charge applies to bicycles that don’t meet the above criteria. Bicycles packaged in a cardboard box or soft-sided case will be transported as a conditionally accepted item.

Last edited:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hmmm... so people are riding Bromont before monkeyfest...

You guys heading down after? We could go as a group...
That's the plan, I'm trying to get some of the folks from down here in the states to meet at KT, carpool to Bromont and ride together there for the day before going back to KT for the rest of the weekend.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
That's the plan, I'm trying to get some of the folks from down here in the states to meet at KT, carpool to Bromont and ride together there for the day before going back to KT for the rest of the weekend.
Well let me know if you lock that down. I'd for sure be down to meet up with the crew here in MTL. You could even come see the office and meet some of the team!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Well let me know if you lock that down. I'd for sure be down to meet up with the crew here in MTL. You could even come see the office and meet some of the team!
Sounds like fun but Bromont isn't that close to Montreal, it's a bit of a hike in the wrong direction and there's going to be beer back at Burke that will need to be consumed.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Sounds like fun but Bromont isn't that close to Montreal, it's a bit of a hike in the wrong direction and there's going to be beer back at Burke that will need to be consumed.
AH - right of course... for some reason I had my wires crossed with Bruno. I always confuse the two but they're drastically different mountains.

Still down for joining if you guys go there and doing a train down to MF.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
AH - right of course... for some reason I had my wires crossed with Bruno. I always confuse the two but they're drastically different mountains.

Still down for joining if you guys go there and doing a train down to MF.
Right on...I'm still in, planning for Friday at the mountain.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Love to join y'all for a ride...maybe, just maybe I can make it over, I'll be vacationing in Waitsfield, VT the same weekend...

We just spent the Memorial weekend up there, and the trails are fine (dusty actually). Couple a new treats await y'all, especially a nice little trail named Burnham Down.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you sure? it looks like it's an hour east of montreal, right along 10. Then it's south down 55/91 and almost right into Burke.

I think it took us 2-2.5 hours to get there when we made the trip from the monkeyfest lodge. Not a lot of time at the border that time though. There's also a nice brewpub less than a mile from the entrance.

Anyways, I'll see if I can get friday off and try to join up for a monkey-train up to bromont and back.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Love to join y'all for a ride...maybe, just maybe I can make it over, I'll be vacationing in Waitsfield, VT the same weekend...

We just spent the Memorial weekend up there, and the trails are fine (dusty actually). Couple a new treats await y'all, especially a nice little trail named Burnham Down.
We used Burnham last year (fall) and it was GREAT!!! Come on over...you can't miss our group :thumb:

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
really? Last year about 1/3 of the trail was bridges - is it just one long bridge now?
I dunno, looks like maybe another hundred feet (or so) of bridge was recently built...but the bridge building is still a work in progress, b/c we saw two large piles of recently delivered materials (lumber etc) off trail...