Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I totally think underdamped is preferable to over damped. I run as little damping as possible, well actually I run a bit more rebound damping but fuck all compression, at least the least I can get away with before it gets squirrelly.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I totally think underdamped is preferable to over damped. I run as little damping as possible, well actually I run a bit more rebound damping but fuck all compression, at least the least I can get away with before it gets squirrelly.
I would totally agree, because 1, high speed circuits are usually pretty fucked up and over-damped IME (but not always) and we end up making up for it with more low speed flow and 2, the entire reason it's hard to tune mtb suspension is because the body is not fixed and can absorb a lot, in other words your leg, arm and torso movement has a huge ability to absorb and the "correct" amount of damping has to be less than the "ideal" to account for this, or it ends up pretty jacked up. But going back to 1, to some extent we are "forced" to put up with excessive chassis movement due to shit products.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Underdamped setups are harder to control if things go really choppy for me. I prefer a planted/slightly overdamped feel of the bike, which hinders my jumping but helps everywhere else.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Road ride to the highest point of the island (130.1 m/427 feet; can be seen in the background). Lightweight bikes are f***ing amazing! :banana:

Ghisallo_Frobjerg.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Omg a ride on dry dirt. Felt like an absolute donkey riding a bike with suspension and skinny tires, after spending all winter on the rigid fat bike and road bike a handful of times.

Sad news, it's only the beginning of April and there is already lots of trail widening happening from people going around roots and stuff. Dammit covid. :(

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Omg a ride on dry dirt. Felt like an absolute donkey riding a bike with suspension and skinny tires, after spending all winter on the rigid fat bike and road bike a handful of times.

Sad news, it's only the beginning of April and there is already lots of trail widening happening from people going around roots and stuff. Dammit covid. :(
someone should get a leaf blower shoved up his ass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
someone should get a leaf blower shoved up his ass.
Agreed! People love blowing leaves around, around here.

Though I don't think this place blows them. It's just had that much traffic. Today there was people parked where I've not ever seen anyone park before, it's crazy.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Agreed! People love blowing leaves around, around here.

Though I don't think this place blows them. It's just had that much traffic. Today there was people parked where I've not ever seen anyone park before, it's crazy.
It's going to be a long unquiet summer.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
87ED0CAD-D968-4D93-806C-B28B86A88A93.jpeg

Probably time to replace this minion... it’s been on there about 8 years! It’s full of cuts and the like, but still running. Side knobs still have life. What a brilliant tire.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've got a new riding partner
1617803196644.png

convinced him to do an after school - after dinner ride yesterday. Hit the technical trails for the first time (east coast rox, lots of steep short ups and downs and some fun rowdy features). Despite not being able to make it up all the features, he loved it. If he can ride this trail, he can ride pretty much everything around here. I'm stoked! (no riding shots since we were racing against the clock to make it out before dark!)

1617803556455.png

I might go out an buy him a pair of Ride Concept shoes today (before all non-essential retail closes due to the third wave tsunami) and install some proper flat pedals. If he's gonna ride the tech-gnar, we're gonna want his feet to stay on the pedals. Can anyone comment on how they fit (a bit large, a bit narrow etc...)?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hills and Montreal infrastructure that’s finally being replaced soon! The workers were out surveying.

4C57581E-EF60-4880-8920-8DC37B9F70AE.jpeg
30411110-C43E-4EC4-8223-EC9FBEF3D9B9.jpeg