Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
What grip2 version? I just bought a NOS 2020 Factory 36 with a Grip2. I also have a spare RC2 in a drawer but not sure if it fits, based on your experience, and may want to try the Grip2 first anyway.
I think it's a 2020. I tried to fit an rc2 into it, but it wouldn't fit . . . it's all in a thread somewhere on this silly site . . .

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
New drops (1.5 and 4.5 m) on the "normal" trail. The large one looks ambitious.

Drop_drop.jpg

New trail "Intenso" (based on the name alone I HAD to check it out). Tight uphill switchbacks and short spaced drops (seen here are 3 in a row, first one comes right after a tight 90° turn. Further down are more of these drops, some directly in the apex of the tight switchback. None of the drops seem to be rollable unless you are cool with hitting your chainring. Awesome old school trail, I need to get my wheelie dropping skills up to speed again. Maybe I dust off the Uzzi VPX. I really want to see a 29" Nicolai G1 on this trail. :butcher:

Intenso.jpg

Tall start tower was apparently not tall enough, so some height was added. Keep in mind that it is actually not that tall, just seems that way because of the tiny-wheeled bike. :D

Start_tower.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Big day for me. First ride in what, three weeks?

Also caved and had a beer for the first time in 15 days.

Toes froze.

First few times on the ice always makes me nervous, even though it's probably 10-12" thick now.

A few quads rolled by me about a hundred meters away and I could hear the ice pinging and ponging under me.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'd have to have headphones in to ride on ice, that noise would freak the crap outta me.

After my ride with my Corona infected buddy I haven't ridden for a week, I didn't get Corona but I did get something that's knocked me around a bit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'd have to have headphones in to ride on ice, that noise would freak the crap outta me.

After my ride with my Corona infected buddy I haven't ridden for a week, I didn't get Corona but I did get something that's knocked me around a bit.
The sound at least let's you know everything is one piece.

It's more freaky feeling when there is a crust of slush and ice on top. I rode out there once last year when it was like that and every few meters I'd feel the tires sink down a few inches through the top crust. Made me pucker a little too much. :D

The pressure cracks are fun too. Sometimes they have water sitting on top which looks ominous.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Full squish bike likely won't see trails until April - snow, mud etc until then.
Fat bike meets the snowy trails requirement
29er rigid gives a different challenge when I'm on single-track with it, otherwise it's used for long adventure, "gravel" rides etc.

I do have a squish fork for it, don't think I've had it installed since the Tatanka 100 in 2017.