Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That's the plan.
I have encountered moose on many canoe trips, including a few decidedly grumpy ones. Have even been less than an arms length away, (that was scary as fuck) but luckily, have never had an incident.

Yours seem to be pissed off to an entirely different level.

Try and stay safe.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have encountered moose on many canoe trips, including a few decidedly grumpy ones. Have even been less than an arms length away, (that was scary as fuck) but luckily, have never had an incident.

Yours seem to be pissed off to an entirely different level.

Try and stay safe.
Yeah, the problem here is that the dogs stay on the trail. The moose stay on the trail (because it’s packed). It’s basically a game of chicken and the mooose won, or in other words, they rammed the moose. Expected results. It’s a hell of a lot easier to turn around if you are on a bike, skis or hiking. The dogs can’t really turn around hooked up to a sled rig. Mixed thoughts about this, the chosen method of transportation (sled dog) kind of guarantees the result, at least occasionally.

And the story about the gun, lots of people bring totally inappropriate glocks and .45s because “lots of rounds” and “Murica”. I watched a cop unload his service 40 into a moose point blank and have to go back to the car and get his shotgun to drop it. I’m not a huge advocate for them in the wilderness, but there are some situations where it may be warranted, but bringing an insufficient caliber, might as well bring more TP, snacky cakes or water for the weight.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Day two after booster, woke up tired af. Apparently gonna piss down all weekend so went out anyway. Got a good time equal PB on my favourite Peak Flow (did it twice as well) but then hit a wall. Pretty much coasted down, smacked shoulder on a tree, armour saved me.

E09592E1-180E-4007-9242-FD894F0B1C7B.jpeg

Even Mākara has a QR check in code these days. Of course I checked in because fuck antivaxxers.

88C1E78F-67AF-4BE9-B40F-9BB6CE2CD0A0.jpeg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Day two after booster, woke up tired af. Apparently gonna piss down all weekend so went out anyway. Got a good time equal PB on my favourite Peak Flow (did it twice as well) but then hit a wall. Pretty much coasted down, smacked shoulder on a tree, armour saved me.

View attachment 171709

Even Mākara has a QR check in code these days. Of course I checked in because fuck antivaxxers.

View attachment 171710
is that a core 4?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Still riding to school daily. It’s been warm, so I’ve been zipping over into the hills to keep my fitness in touch.

B79DB3FC-1D0B-4021-A49C-77ABA54252DA.jpeg
B3468E7D-217A-4D89-BB1E-C065166DCE84.jpeg
361B5764-71A4-4C6F-A515-636C0C48B11D.jpeg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The trail builders here seem to share @kidwoo and others sentiment on narrow singletrail and also prefer "trail corridors". This was a fairly straight, fast and flowy singletrail with a couple of roots and trees standing close by.

Bermka_1.jpg

Bermka_2.jpg

Good thing is, this is the main trail and so soft, it will sap all the speed out of this section and be rutted in no time with the moisture we have. Hope all the XC guys will start complaining.

Not all is lost though. Nice new dirt whale tail, still too soft to ride though.

Dirt_whale.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Jozz thank you for the encouragement. Rode across the bay, had a beer, regretted my decision to stop and then went back home.

The ice and snow is so much smoother on that side..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Lincoln is seriously weird. Weird weird.
It is, but I love it. It would be my #1 choice of places to live if I had unlimited capital. They have money, but ecclectic taste. Rather than mcmansions and soccer moms in Mercedes(es), you get weird rings of rocking horses and the house from knives out: https://www.fomalincoln.org/outreach/events/house-tours-past-and-present/2-uncategorised/133-making-modern-contemporary. It's dope. We almost bought a house there but were priced out.