Quantcast

the random thought thread

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
angry as all beans

I called the insurance company on their claim hotline then visited my insurance company. My insurance company store tells me if I filed the claim with them before the hotline they could have waited until I was going to use insurance to claim the accident. Instead what happened is I called in a claim and now my rates might go up because of reporting the accident. I might have the guy who hit me fixing the car so now I just have more payments on my expensive insurance. I am just about ready to go ballistic when I wrote this.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
how to clean a toothbrush while camping? put it in one of those disposable water bottles w/ a little water & shake vigorously

#lifehacker

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
North Carolina needs to recall items with fictitious sayings like their license plates. Second in flight :D

http://www.flyingmag.com/pilots-places/pilots-adventures-more/wright-brothers-not-first-fly

In a startling announcement a few days ago, Jane's All the World's Aircraft has named an August 1901 flight by Connecticut aviation pioneer Gustave Whitehead as the first successful powered flight in history, beating the Wright Brothers by more than two years. Jane's, which calls itself the world's foremost authority on aviation history, with great authority, has traditionally backed the Wrights as first in flight. Now they say the evidence for Whitehead's flight is strong enough for the publication to reverse course and recognize it as the first successful powered flight.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
**** Australia, Tony ****ing Abbott, how is that muppet going to run the country? He can't do anything if it doesn't involve belittling someone else, crazy racist, sexist religious nut running the country, I think would swap leaders with Murica.

This will run Straya from tomorrow :( booooo!

EDIT- The F word gets censored but the C word doesn't? Crazy stuff!

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
time for another line geeze beef supreme don't know you figured lines once one ends another begins unless he wasn't specific about lines because I assumed segments but I like ass u me and eggs

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Holy crap that is a lot of stuff to happen in a month, will the landlord give you a bit of extra time to pay or are they evil?

On a different note my grandmother has gone proper crazy, she thinks one of her neighbors is a Nazi and the other a Jew and she is in a war zone. However the Police are supposedly keeping watch but she only ever sees a Police car but no Police so she assumes they are very stealthy.

She was such a pain in the ass when she was the full quid but the crazier she gets the more awesome she is! It turns out doctors told her she was on sleeping pills but was on anti psychotics and was double dosing at night coz they helped her sleep better, hahahahahahah!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
“The thing I was most worried about when leaving the airlock that day was my path to get to the telescope, because it was along the side of the space shuttle. And if you look over the edge of the shuttle, it’s like looking over a cliff, with 350 miles to go down to the planet. And there are no good handrails.

When we’re spacewalking, we like to grab on to things with our space gloves and be nice and steady. But I got to this one area along the side of the shuttle, and there was nothing good to grab. I had to grab a wire or a hose or a knob or a screw. And I’m kind of a big goon. And when there’s no gravity, you can get a lot of momentum built up, and I could go spinning off into space. I knew I had a safety tether that would probably hold, but I also had a heart that I wasn’t so sure about. I knew they would get me back, I just wasn’t sure what they would get back on the end of the tether when they reeled me in. So I was really concerned about this. I took my time, and I got through the treacherous path and out to the telescope.

I felt this deep loneliness. And it wasn’t just a Saturday-afternoon-with-a-book alone. I felt detached from the Earth. I felt that I was by myself, and everything that I knew and loved and that made me feel comfortable was far away. And then it started getting dark and cold.

Because we travel 17,500 miles an hour, ninety minutes is one lap around the Earth. So it’s forty-five minutes of sunlight and forty-five minutes of darkness. And when you enter the darkness, it is not just darkness. It’s the darkest black I have ever experienced. It’s the complete absence of light. It gets cold, and I could feel that coldness, and I could sense the darkness coming. And it just added to my loneliness.”

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Dad used to get these Clams from Ipswich. Just some random guy. We would drive there and my Mom would pick them out. They had big ones and small ones. The small ones were the tastiest and came in 25lbs bags (Steamers). The big ones came in pickle buckets and were half the price. My Dad would pan the big ones in wine, butter, and mirepoix. What are those big clams called?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I got a Baker/Sous Chef/Trainer job in Raleigh NC in a Coal Fired oven Bakery/Cafe. Part of the offer I am hoping will be relocation assistance. The Boss/Chef/Owner takes the Kitchen staff to Italy every year. She also has a TV show in production... I need to learn about the local wines. She has plans to open another location in Western NC if all goes well.

I have 5 other offers. One in Milwaukee, 2 in Ann Arbor, another in Dallas, and another Oklahoma City.... The jobs in Dallas and OKC are cafeteria jobs for Sodexho Marriot and are stepping stone jobs for jobs in the Caribbean.

I was hoping for an Old School Bike Mechanic job to appear on the Horizon. But none has. I am not sure that job exists, Everyone has converted to the train the kids to assemble hooptys for $8//hr business model. I can braze, do frame repairs, work on suspension, build wheels, operate a wheel pit, basically everything. Sturmey Archer, Huret, Campy, I can do it all. Get me a job RM.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have been trying to eat better, more veggies and other such nonsense. Been losing weight and feeling better but now my poop floats like a cork and it will not flush. It rides the flush funnel like a life boat and when all is said and done it is still there floating.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have been trying to eat better, more veggies and other such nonsense. Been losing weight and feeling better but now my poop floats like a cork and it will not flush. It rides the flush funnel like a life boat and when all is said and done it is still there floating.
good job on turning your anus into a salad shooter....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I got a Baker/Sous Chef/Trainer job in Raleigh NC in a Coal Fired oven Bakery/Cafe. Part of the offer I am hoping will be relocation assistance. The Boss/Chef/Owner takes the Kitchen staff to Italy every year. She also has a TV show in production... I need to learn about the local wines. She has plans to open another location in Western NC if all goes well.

I have 5 other offers. One in Milwaukee, 2 in Ann Arbor, another in Dallas, and another Oklahoma City.... The jobs in Dallas and OKC are cafeteria jobs for Sodexho Marriot and are stepping stone jobs for jobs in the Caribbean.

I was hoping for an Old School Bike Mechanic job to appear on the Horizon. But none has. I am not sure that job exists, Everyone has converted to the train the kids to assemble hooptys for $8//hr business model. I can braze, do frame repairs, work on suspension, build wheels, operate a wheel pit, basically everything. Sturmey Archer, Huret, Campy, I can do it all. Get me a job RM.
Come to CO. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Come to CO. It's what all the cool kids are doing.
I am thinking of retiring in Costa Rica. I have a Teamster Pension I am totally vested in. I just have to wait until I am 57 to collect though. I could skip by on my savings but not in CO. As far as weather and cost of living Western NC suits my needs better. I like to live in a city. Cities in CO suck. We call them suburbs here....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Sony headphones are for people with no fashion sense, Beats are where it's at.

IMO headphones have progressed sweet FA in the last 10 years, cheap ones still sound **** I want to replace my ancient Sennheiser HD 580s that have depeloped a rattle with something at least as good but I'll be ****ed if I'm paying $500 for a pair of cans made in China!

For budget in ear headphones you can't beat Xears they ****in rock, if you enter "KLANGFUZZIS" on their site you pay less that haf retail. My Xears are easily as good as my top of the range(at the time) Shure headphones and they were 100's cheaper!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I am thinking of retiring in Costa Rica. I have a Teamster Pension I am totally vested in. I just have to wait until I am 57 to collect though. I could skip by on my savings but not in CO. As far as weather and cost of living Western NC suits my needs better. I like to live in a city. Cities in CO suck. We call them suburbs here....
I would consider Panama over CR.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sony headphones are for people with no fashion sense, Beats are where it's at.

IMO headphones have progressed sweet FA in the last 10 years, cheap ones still sound **** I want to replace my ancient Sennheiser HD 580s that have depeloped a rattle with something at least as good but I'll be ****ed if I'm paying $500 for a pair of cans made in China!

For budget in ear headphones you can't beat Xears they ****in rock, if you enter "KLANGFUZZIS" on their site you pay less that haf retail. My Xears are easily as good as my top of the range(at the time) Shure headphones and they were 100's cheaper!
Beats are good out of the box, but age and personal moisture kill them quick. They have terrible mid and high response. I wear my phones for purpose not fashion. Sony MDR XB500's look ridiculous I will say. But for $66 and a warranty I like them just fine.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I have some Beats tours that I bought in Dakar for $20. The packaging was very persuasive, I couldn't resist.

I like my Shures better.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Drove the car volkswagen Audi was huge difference from my miata going on rain turns all the blue ridge parkway then dragon tail of it the line for school cards is twisting