Quantcast

the random thought thread

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
I do kinda want an answer to this. It wasn't a rhetorical question.
All I know is that the song was originally titled "Knowing She Would", but due to puritanical England being, well, puritanical and prude, it was changed to "Norwegian Wood". I'd imagine John would have been pretty pissed to not have gotten any and being made to sleep in the bathtub, so yea...burned the bitch down.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
a sure indicator of second rate defense contractors is to contract them through an outfit w/ some variation of the word "tech" in its name

next-tech
aerotech
tech one
innotech
teknovation

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
If
• all cars become electric; and
• Thin film solar technology ends up on the windows of office buildings
would the owners of those buildings build so many "pay to charge" carparks to earn profit from the collected solar energy, that parking in cities would never be a problem again?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Frogs are stupid. In the past week I've removed 2-5 dead frogs from my pool skimmer every morning. I just toss them into my neighbour's yard.
this should get its own thread: it's got evolution, home ownership, math, classism, & canadian spelling, all rolled into a quirky observation well suited for the sausage fest that is RM

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was driving along, I saw a truck that said "Triumph Plumbing" on the side. The very instant I read the word "Triumph", the guy on the news said the word "triumph".

Freaked me out, man.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
last night, the waiter @ teh steakhouse "corrected" my pronunciation of demi-glace, as to rhyme w/ 'race'. in front of the women folk, no less.

as if.

i'm an anthony bourdain fanboi, & work w/ all manner of foreigners. and oh yeah, had a canadian girlfriend in the 6th grade.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if i worked in china or india, would i smell like an applebee's to my co-workers?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if there's a news story about some random young chick getting killed in some sudden way, does anyone else here google image search her to see what you missed out on?

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
"Dick's Sporting Goods' website is NOT dicks.com" <-- my mother calling me the other day to make sure I didn't go there to get gifts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I don't have random thoughts, Everything I do and say is coldly calculated for maximum reward and effect. I think my posts perfectly illustrate that?? Don't be jealous of my Stature... It makes you seem petty....