Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, I thought more about it, and all of my ‘cycling specific’ jerseys are 3/4, but I do wear some full length tech button downs in the fall.
disregard.
i think i only have 1 or 2 actual "short sleeve" jerseys. mostly 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve, and a couple of long sleeve

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I prefer full length sleeve. Lots of scrapey brush here, and I'm also looking to avoid melanoma. I never got the point of 3/4 sleeves either, but it's certainly common.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yeah, I know. I don't think those 3/4 sleeves affect cooling that much tbh.

I prefer perforated material for more airflow, which makes a significant difference in cooling. Unfortunately, the industry mostly caters to Canadians and brits it seems.

summer's here are routinely 90°+ / 90% RH.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

I prefer perforated material for more airflow, which makes a significant difference in cooling. Unfortunately, the industry mostly caters to Canadians and brits it seems.
Canadian here.
My stuff is primarily the Fox mesh short sleeve, cause I run just a teensy bit hot.
I also have a mesh long sleeve TLD.

I do have one 3/4 T - a classic RockGardn that has not been worn in 10 years.
The thought was a bit heavier and 3/4 for those in between cool and warm days - ya no.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
You can buy Champion jerseys that are made of the same polyester as a bike jersey that-fits like a normal shirt, breathes like a bike jersey, stinks like one when you're done riding and makes you look somewhat normal for $10-15

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You can buy Champion jerseys that are made of the same polyester as a bike jersey that-fits like a normal shirt, breathes like a bike jersey, stinks like one when you're done riding and makes you look somewhat normal for $10-15
but my kit

honestly my favorite riding shirt is probably a nike dry-fit poly-T that I've had for 15 years.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Not sure if you mean viewer's left or their left, but either way the guys on the ends seem to be doing it right.

I like 3/4 jerseys but I think they have a pretty narrow temp window. When in doubt I'll just wear a long sleeve and just pull up the sleeves if it gets too warm.

Anyway, that Rapha stuff looks better than expected, and yeah pricey, but not as pricey as I would have thought. It's weirdly reminding me of Harley's new Pan America - probably not for me, but good job taking on the haters.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Even though I haven't raced in ~7 years, all of my riding shirts are technical T's from races and most of my day-to-day t-shirts are race/bike related...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My go to are the lightweight REI baselayers, can be had for less than $20 when on sale. Long sleeve REI merino base layers for the cold/wet season.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Why would anyone ride in a 3/4 sleeve jersey?
ventilation, with a teeny bit less exposed skin?
Exactly. Less hot than a full sleeve but my elbows are covered so when they rub a tree it hurts less. When wearing elbow pads the sleeve is the same length as the pads so they're covered and not giving the 90s Shore exposed pads look but there's still air blowing over my forearms.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI

Seven (motocross clothing company) makes a great sorta meshy long sleeve jersey with a very slim fit that's like a MTB jersey. I have 2 in white that I wear for motoing in Hawaii or the desert. I'll probably wear it for DH days this summer.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
A couple years ago an old riding buddy who's some sort of businessman in San Francisco tried to get me to start a boutique cycling clothing and maybe equipement brand with him. I took a long look in the mirror and didn't see a soulless trend following hipster so I said "No". Financially that was probably a bad decision.
You can still do it! :headbang:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Exactly. Less hot than a full sleeve but my elbows are covered so when they rub a tree it hurts less. When wearing elbow pads the sleeve is the same length as the pads so they're covered and not giving the 90s Shore exposed pads look but there's still air blowing over my forearms.
We had a team supply us with jerseys once that were full length with a wrist cuff thingy. Summer here is bloody warm and humid and we were all sweating like crazy at a race so I cut 10cm/4" off the end of the sleeves and it was like someone turned on the air con.