Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Situation 3
Headwind: All sub suppliers are reducing production lines as a result of raw material shortages and labor challenges: this is the result of COVID-19. In this country we have the world’s best vaccine circumstance. The Southeast Asia area, the capital of bike supplier production, does not. This is an issue we need to remain patient with as governments manage the spread of COVID-19 and vaccine disbursement. Some markets are in an unhealthy way with little access to vaccine.
It's not markets that are "in an unhealthy way"... it's the people. :think:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
citizens of a given nation cannot have the vaccine administered to them if their regulatory bodies have not approved it for use.

Thats a given, but @slyfink is highlighting that statement regarding the people as a "market".

But on that note, you could go get any vaccine from anywhere, might not mean much when you return, though:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Thats a given, but @slyfink is highlighting that statement regarding the people as a "market".
correct
But on that note, you could go get any vaccine from anywhere, might not mean much when you return, though:

this seems like a "cut your nose off to spite your face" sort of situation... "I don't want to spend 14 days in a hotel so I'll inject things into my body that haven't been medically studied"?! :think:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Lightest 120mm trail frame by a long shot. Also the shock is awesome.
P.S. I weigh myself more than my girlfriend. Down to 171lbs just in time to go to France and eat for 2 weeks.
They are not the only maker of cool bikes, how about a Ripley?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
171lbs....trips me out when people say what they weigh...i forget people weigh less than 200...

That being said go eat and enjoy abroad.....sounds like a great time....I want to take wife there....
one thing i've noticed is that many (most?) bike reviewers are well south of the 200lb mark. i keep that in mind whenever i read a review online.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
one thing i've noticed is that many (most?) bike reviewers are well south of the 200lb mark. i keep that in mind whenever i read a review online.
Back in the 90s there used to be a xc race category for us... it was called the Clydesdale class :) 200lb+

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lol...I'd pass those articles up cause I never consider myself a Clydesdale....always figured I was just lighter than that category...

So is clydesdale 200lb+ or like I pretend 260lb+??? Lol
I have no idea what a average rider or testers weight is they like to say "stone" or some other weird non American crap and I'm too busy to read I'm a picture guy....
So I never try and figure out howuch on lbs they weigh...just wether the item functions as stated and what the take on it is....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Which brings me to another point we need a tester near or in the 200lb range....might sway some manufacturers from sending in products for fear of destruction...but it would give a good idea on forks, shocks, dropper posts etc for guys at or near 200lbs...guaranteed a bike feels different for heavy vs light....like the lady's have a big lady catalog and section...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which brings me to another point we need a tester near or in the 200lb range....might sway some manufacturers from sending in products for fear of destruction...but it would give a good idea on forks, shocks, dropper posts etc for guys at or near 200lbs...guaranteed a bike feels different for heavy vs light....like the lady's have a big lady catalog and section...

Well most people over 200 wouldn't be over 200 if they rode as much as a professional bike reviewer. Now folks over 200 with low body fat provide a completely different means for breaking shit.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
@Lelandjt - are there no scott dealers near you? or can they just not get the bike you're after?
A few times a summer I tune the rental fleet of a Scott dealer (that's really more of a rental/ski shop). In exchange they call me an employee and get me EP on bikes. So far I've gotten a 2017 Spark RC SL, 2020 Ransom Tuned, and 2021 Gambler Tuned. I was there Wednesday and he said he'd just gotten an email from the Scott rep saying all 2022 orders should be placed this Monday. Crazy since only the Spark lineup has been shown. All other bikes he has to order without seeing colors/specs. In the past two years he's said framesets are unavaible (in 2017 I got the Spark as a frameset) so I need to pick a complete build.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I like that the German mtb-news.de page is always giving you detailed information about the main tester of the product. They also have big guys in their team that are known to ride hard.

MTB-News_Tester.jpg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
^just shows americans know nothing, as usual, about european history
Just ask people on the street in Europe about American history and you will find out that the knowledge about your own history is better than that of different countries. ;)

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
he fight in teutoburger wald happened way before some hick said something about freedom. i thought every nations covers the basics and then turn to their own shit at some point? does american history education just start with the mayflower?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
he fight in teutoburger wald happened way before some hick said something about freedom. i thought every nations covers the basics and then turn to their own shit at some point? does american history education just start with the mayflower?
The world is a rather large place and perhaps "titos burgers" is rather insignificant.

How thoroughly do they teach Europeans about battles between African tribes? How about Native Americans?

See the stuff just isn't really that signfigant.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The world is a rather large place and perhaps "titos burgers" is rather insignificant.

How thoroughly do they teach Europeans about battles between African tribes? How about Native Americans?

See the stuff just isn't really that signfigant.
Wouldn’t it be nice if they taught anything about Africa.