Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
it's the official mountain bike rig in the shore to sky region. fairly comical how ubiquitous these things are here.
Pisgah in North Carolina was like that too.

They are also a choice vehicle here in the great city of Toronto. TRD Pro Tacomas and 4Runners with snorkels are the only way to roll up to the mall now*.

Jeeps are so yesterday.

*unless you have idiot money and are one of the thousand people rolling around in a stupid G63.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

They are also a choice vehicle here in the great city of Toronto. TRD Pro Tacomas and 4Runners with snorkels are the only way to roll up to the mall now*.

Jeeps are so yesterday.

*unless you have idiot money and are one of the thousand people rolling around in a stupid G63.

Here it is a Sprinter Van, with the bikes on a hitch rack.

I work with this overlanding bro, who I make fun of for being an overlanding bro. This week he tried rubbing my face in the fact that he went "camping" over the weekend. I laughed my ass off as a few times a year I drive my Golf with 4" of ground clearance past the place he camps to go ride my bike. He did use his roof top tent at the group campsite with perfectly flat smooth places to pitch a normal tent. He got me there.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
a T5/T6 van is the mountainbiker's holy chariot here.
Can't really say I care. I no longer drive to ride anymore.
Sometimes I do find myself riding past other cyclists vehicles parked nr trails. It rarely raises a smug smile never mind a laugh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a T5/T6 van is the mountainbiker's holy chariot here.
Can't really say I care. I no longer drive to ride anymore.
Sometimes I do find myself riding past other cyclists vehicles parked nr trails. It rarely raises a smug smile never mind a laugh.
I find it hard to believe there is something out there that doesn't make you angry.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
War and any other kind of human abuse do. nothing much else does.

I was simply taking the piss out of your sad one-upmanship story

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Jeeps are so yesterday.

hai gais....every douchebag owns a tacoma if not a lifted dodge bro dozer

FFS I drive a tacoma. I mean push a tacoma to justify buying it.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I think there are 4 or 5 tacos in our Squamish townhouse complex, including ours, though it is currently topped up with the remnants of our old kitchen and does a lot more than drive on city streets.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
rockshox for having different 30x8mm mounting hardware. found out the hard way today that i got the wrong one. fml
I think you can probably extend that to "all shock hardware". Just scroll down the list of options for Fox:

I was having a knocking issue with a new frame and figured I'd try new mounting hardware. Measured everything, ordered and the new parts are slightly different sized than what came with the bike. Could we not manage to get down to something like 10 or 20 possible size options?

Would also add suspension QC to the list. Issue with the bike was actually with the Float X shock. From new, the thing was making an awful knocking sound with any quick compression. In fairness, it's been great now that it's been warrantied, but sure seems like a lot of crappy products went out the door.