Quantcast

What have you broken on your bike recently?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
A buddy just blew up his shock.
Split the air-can at the valve and spit the valve into his leg.
Landed a small step-down. Not a big hit by any means.
Not sure if can split first ejecting the valve, or if the valve let go and the can cracked on bottom out with no supporting spring.

Anybody seen anything like this?

View attachment 163491

ps - Maybe we need what have you broken on your body recently thread? :panic:
Looks like alot of deformation on rear section of outer air can

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
More importantly, how did you get it out?
My guess would be that it wasn't even tight with the head broken off
It was tight in there. I’ve tried a spud wrench that loosened it a bit but that did not work too well. Luckily the way it broke left a narrow “lip” protruding outside the bb shell that gave me enough purchase for large tongue and groove pliers.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I blew out left seal on 40, buddy bent rear hub axle...summit was a blast..

Best was a guy who broke his seat off...he removed the post taped a rag on the seat tube of bike and rode it all day....was laughing my ass off...my kid found his seat off turtle trail by bottom....

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Side knobs starting to tear off on my rear Magic Mary DH after 6ish days.

To submit a warranty claim I'd need to dismount the tyre to take a photo of the production code on the inside. I guess I'll just wait until it's worn out and just go back to DHR2's.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

To submit a warranty claim I'd need to dismount the tyre to take a photo of the production code on the inside. I guess I'll just wait until it's worn out and just go back to DHR2's.
Surprised to hear this, older ones I had lugs gone been impressed with new compound...
I have no complaints on my rear Mary yet...I pushed a berm so hard the m9 buzzed my ass with tire..i have to figure out how to do go pro editing still got videos (between it fighting pairing with phone and locking up : needed update).I was deep into the pocket...side lugs look good so far...they are pitting but I chunk corners off maxxis too...take pics now, run it and then rear it down later snap a pic of # send in....

I had issues getting the bike to roost berms, between procore, low pressure and Mary's it was a slot car on rails...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Solid strategy by Schwalbe to discourage warranty.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
broken star nut. :wtf:
Definitely what it looked like the other day.

Your choices:
  • Drill it out - a pain to do
  • Hammer it down and put a new one in above it - I've done this before and my OCD hated it
  • Cut your steerer donut holder down below the existing nut if you can.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Solid strategy by Schwalbe to discourage warranty.
If it wasn't such a pain in the balls to deal with the Tannus it wouldn't be so bad. But I'd just rather do like @bullcrew suggested. Take photos of the outside now and get a photo of the inside later.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just think how much quicker you'll be on those pedal transitions with that weight loss on the bike!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
REALLY!!!!!!!

100 Yards in gashed another tire with procore...was able to ride out pretty quick the procore was amazing for full flat tire rideability...it held bead and I cruised out..

Tried a lighter casing so now getting tire darts and all out DH casings .

Tire gripped and rolled into tread..they are NASTY sharp here..you dont want to crash at all...
20210821_123355.jpg

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Tried trail...putting super gravity back on today...
That place is like razors, I either need to ride with common sense there and not hit the biggest rock and land in the rocks or just not ride there...

Headed out to garage to swap tires here in a few we are headed to jump line tomorrow...it's my fault heavy charging in to them knowing damn well they rocks and I don't get along there...I need to just stop riding there....

High PSI - It hates me
Low PSI - It hates me
Hd casing - it hates me
Light casing -:it hates me

So I will take my bike and go play somewhere else...lol stupid rocks!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
sesamoids
This I learned on my last birthday, broke one on my fifth little pinky toe during a good party. Bitch still hurts when walking especially barefooted but is none existant while riding. :banana:

REALLY!!!!!!!

100 Yards in gashed another tire with procore...was able to ride out pretty quick the procore was amazing for full flat tire rideability...it held bead and I cruised out..

Tried a lighter casing so now getting tire darts and all out DH casings .

Tire gripped and rolled into tread..they are NASTY sharp here..you dont want to crash at all...View attachment 163795
Put a plug in there and you're good to go on it again.