Quantcast

what up Guam!!!!!

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
hey everyone,
Hey Rob, How's Japan? Vogey, How's the states treating you? Everyone else. Anyways, its good to be back again even though only for a bit. Indonesia would have been a baddass place to do some riding. Except for all the debris and stuff. The mountains were cool. Keep dreaming huh. ANyways, Rob, you seen my Sister-in-law yet? jk. I'm getting a new bike down at hornet sometime this week. Hit me up if anyone wants to go. Later....

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
Punks... 36 miles today with a killer headwind, and yes that means both tarague and ritidan hills, that right... no stoppin... no cheetin...just straight up. gotta love the pain...I thought my legs were gonna blow up on ritidan.

That's 112 miles sence sat. and the weeks only half over. Whoopieee

Rob... you better be riding them damn rollers or something... cause I'm gonna hurt you when you get back

Boy I'm looking foward to laying the "come on girl" or "Speed up Biiatch" on you.

I'm going to bring the camera next time... just to post picts of the hills.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
damnit jim said:
Sick boy... No I haven't ridden with the club bubbas yet I'm thinking of riding with them this weekend(Sun). there's a race this month down on the south end I'm going to do, if I dont have the duty. I got your spring today, Hell I might even get it on your bike sometime before you come back. PM me your address up there so eyes can send you some stuff.
You don't have to put the spring on, unless you plan on stealing a ride on it! But cool it came in. I really want to hit the doubles when I get back! I want to wear a cool body brace like Vignevik.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
ghstfaced said:
hey everyone,
Hey Rob, How's Japan? Vogey, How's the states treating you? Everyone else. Anyways, its good to be back again even though only for a bit. Indonesia would have been a baddass place to do some riding. Except for all the debris and stuff. The mountains were cool. Keep dreaming huh. ANyways, Rob, you seen my Sister-in-law yet? jk. I'm getting a new bike down at hornet sometime this week. Hit me up if anyone wants to go. Later....
I told you I'm not going back to Sorentos!!! I'm sick again anyways, but the poo is coming like it should. Hard and big like a ton of bricks! Cool you getting another bike...even though your last was borrowed for a really long time. Japan is pretty much like we left it...here and crappy. We are already working 10 hr days and hit almost 12 today and haven't flown yet. Weeeeeeeee!

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
damnit jim said:
Punks... 36 miles today with a killer headwind, and yes that means both tarague and ritidan hills, that right... no stoppin... no cheetin...just straight up. gotta love the pain...I thought my legs were gonna blow up on ritidan.

That's 112 miles sence sat. and the weeks only half over. Whoopieee

Rob... you better be riding them damn rollers or something... cause I'm gonna hurt you when you get back

Boy I'm looking foward to laying the "come on girl" or "Speed up Biiatch" on you.

I'm going to bring the camera next time... just to post picts of the hills.
Well, this is what I gather from all this...I can pee in one hand and spit in the other. Either way I won't get alot of riding done and I'll end up getting spanked like a little circus monkey who can't stop eating the Boss' cheetos. I know it doesn't make sense just like it doesn't make sense why we work so many hrs in Iwa!

I've been having to run everyday to get some kind of short good exercise in. Maybe I will be able to keep you in grape size squeezing distance???

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
ROBdropGOboom said:
I told you I'm not going back to Sorentos!!! I'm sick again anyways, but the poo is coming like it should. Hard and big like a ton of bricks! Cool you getting another bike...even though your last was borrowed for a really long time. Japan is pretty much like we left it...here and crappy. We are already working 10 hr days and hit almost 12 today and haven't flown yet. Weeeeeeeee!
So... que the music

Blant Blant Blant

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
ROBdropGOboom said:
Sounds like the fresh start of another det 6 huh. Well, we've been working a buttload also. 364 day and phase c plus I got duty with chief this weekend. We're starting at 4am saturday and then the same on Sunday. Wehn will we catch a break. We might see you out there on the seas shortly I hear if you all head out to sea. Haven't got a chance to head down to hornet yet. I can't even remember how to get there. What street is it on? I need to go riding again. I got a new riding buddy. Gotta show him some spots next free weekend I get. What kinda bike would you suggest I get for Guam? Well, later

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
thanks Rob, I'll ask him when I see him at 4am on saturday. I think a road bike would be a good choice. I need to get into better shape. the PFA kicked my ass this time. I barely squeaked by on the run.

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
ghstfaced said:
hey everyone,

Whats up Dude,

The states is ok. Been doing a lot of riding. Hit up the local singal track during the week, and I DH all weekend. But with the exception of the riding I am very bored. In Florida rite now with work. Its boring. Only good thing is $100 a day perdiem and the over time. Really miss all you guys.

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
yeah bro, we all miss you too man. Most of us are coming home in the next year or so so we'll definitely be catchin up. I wish I could have been doing more riding, they have been killing me at work. I hardly had enough energy to finish my PRT. I fixing to head down to Hornet tommorrow or the next and buying a road bike because "there is no such thing as mountain biking in Guam." I keep hearing people complain complain complian. At least you all can ride if you wanted. I can ride up and down the cargo deck if I want. I was just reading about some badass trails up here in Yigo at Manengon hills. its got single track and fire roads. Theres a cool website with a list of trails and reviews at http://content.mtbr.com/trailscrx.aspx. If you all been there before let me know about it. Well scott, talk to you later man. enjoy florida, I'm leaving again between now and may 9th for how long????who knows. Hope life is getting better in Japan Rob. And Damnit Jim, you you got to leave early. I don't even remember driving to work today or where I parked. I was still half asleep at 330am. Doooooope!!!!!

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
Dood... before I came out here I was reading MTBR's trail review's of guam and all I have to say is LIES...ALL LIES.

did you read the one about how Tarzan falls is a close second to moab. I really think that guy was soooo High he didn't even know what he was writing.

The freeride/DH riding in guam is/has died. Now its all urban riding, beefy hardtails with huge forks and the biggest tires you can buy. just really heavy tanks on two wheels. IMO not functional at all for doing stair drop in tumon.

Now on to road biking, there are so many tri guys on this island that road biking is easy to get into. the meet/ride at agana shopping center on sunday morning is always there... to go trail riding you have to know someone or just go find it yourself.

So far (knock on wood) the locals are very aware of road bikers... its the japanese tourist who I've had my near misses with... and I think its just because they don't know where their going, and driving on the wrong side of the car really throws them off.

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
Yeah, your right, but I refuse to believe all the moutnain biking in guam is that ****ty. There's gotta be some other places I swear. I'm gonna keep looking for now. I gotta get into something real quick or else work is gonna drive me to drink again and we all know what happens then. EWT. The extreme whoring team. Maybe I'll get to go to hornet this Friday and pick myself out a new bike or two after the golf tournament. Any word from Japan? maybe I'll see you there in a few weeks.

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
To find the good spots you have to hook up with a local... but I wish you the best of luck.

Buy a good road bike here... and save your money and buy a good mountain bike in the states.
let me know when your going or only talk to Mo...but for some reason Giant bike are super cheap on this island. you should be able to hook up on a nice bike for a good deal and to top it off they will cut you even more of a break if you pay cash.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
ghstfaced said:
Yeah, your right, but I refuse to believe all the moutnain biking in guam is that ****ty. There's gotta be some other places I swear. I'm gonna keep looking for now. I gotta get into something real quick or else work is gonna drive me to drink again and we all know what happens then. EWT. The extreme whoring team. Maybe I'll get to go to hornet this Friday and pick myself out a new bike or two after the golf tournament. Any word from Japan? maybe I'll see you there in a few weeks.
You sound like I use to! Young and nieve...oh padawan. The best worst place to ride mountain bike in Guam is Channel 10 and that's if your lucky enough to find a dry weekend. I hear of good trails and rode a couple and they all turn out to be what comes out of my butt...hot air and crap! Good idea on riding road for now. At least with that riding you can go EWT on the weekends because you earn it! It's all yellow!!!

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
damnit jim said:
To find the good spots you have to hook up with a local... but I wish you the best of luck.

Buy a good road bike here... and save your money and buy a good mountain bike in the states.
let me know when your going or only talk to Mo...but for some reason Giant bike are super cheap on this island. you should be able to hook up on a nice bike for a good deal and to top it off they will cut you even more of a break if you pay cash.
Dido...

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
vogey40 said:
Hey I sold that peice of sh@# road bike I had in Guam, but now I want a new one what do yall suggest
Dude, you should get a good steel frame and trade me later. I have a full carbon. It's been riding great! The only thing wrong with it is it feels like I'm going to snap the frame when I ride. Probably because I'm fat but that's why I get to put 125psi in my tires. It's all about compensation...write that down.

Get a bike that has a straight cross tube instead of the one that slants down like your old one did. You should be right for a size 58 or 56 frame. I like the one I got from Supergo.com but I suggest you just browse different brands and when you find one find the store that sells it the cheapest.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
That damn rash is back again! I hate Japan!!! I threw a respirator today and all the stuffins came flying out. "They" made me re-re-paint the bird b/c "they" did not like the low semi-gloss I put on the tail cone for obvious purposes. I was thinking I should come in on the weekend and paint a butt on the nose and paint the glidescope antenna brown. That would be so funny flying onto the Essex since it's the LargeHunkofDookie#2

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
How'd you like the birds man? Did you eliminate Stifler? Those birds were thrashed when we saw them. The other guys were having lots of issues when we left them. Sounds like you guys are getting wooped like us back here right now. At least most of your det isn't on leave for a phase and 364 day. Oh well, Anyways, I bought two bikes this weekend. I got A Giant roadbike. and freeride bike. I bought a STP-1 and that thing is a daqmn tank. I went to channel 10 and had a good time even though you all bag on it so much. It wasn't muddy for once. Its way better towards Leo Palace. Thats where the fun part was the rest was just too much damn work. My bike likes to move alot, even when I barely pedal. I feel like I'm holding it back alot. I'm getting used to it and I like it. I also rode my road bike this weekend. Me and Hopkins went down to GPO from Base then back and then today we were down around Inarajan ending up by that swimming pool in the reef. I forget what its called.I still gotta get used to riding the road. It just feels wrong still. Its gonna take a bit to get into it I bet. But I'm gonna keep doing both here because I gotta tone my offroading skills alot more. I gotta get faster.
Well, hope you all had a good weekend.

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
hang in there Rob,
At least the food on the Essex is better now than before. Hopefully you won't even see the boat and watch out for the ithy's and scratchies. Are you allergic to cherry blossoms or something its that time of the year there now? Anyways, Get better man and keep positive things will get better and most of all get out and rideif you can. get away from people and go camping or something.

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
ghstfaced said:
hang in there Rob,
At least the food on the Essex is better now than before. Hopefully you won't even see the boat and watch out for the ithy's and scratchies. Are you allergic to cherry blossoms or something its that time of the year there now? Anyways, Get better man and keep positive things will get better and most of all get out and rideif you can. get away from people and go camping or something.
AWWWWWWWW

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
And no on to you Butt monkey... Quit your cryin...just think you only have 5 1/2 months left... Oh!!! S@#T I'm sorry you can cry... Just let it all out...there, there...look at the good side... UMMM... UMMM... all the Georgia coffee you can drink... Hot right outta the machine. That's good right... right... :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: welcome to japan.

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
Girls... ritidan and back home in 1hr 11 min. 23.18 miles avg speed 16 mph... with a 15+ mph head wind on the way back. the ride back sucked...for lack of better trems... but the ride out was smokin'. Heck... I even passed a car, but this is guam and they do drive at about 25... but I went by him like he was standing still, maybe he was, Hummm.

So... I was at the top of ritidan just finishing the climb...and...you got it, some Japanese tourist decided he was lost and needed directions. 20' to go and he wanted me to stop and tell him were he was. well as the sweat was pouring out of my helmet and I was breathing like a crack head, the only thing that popped into my head was... ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME...JACKASS.

I'm out

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
HA HA!!!!!! You guys have to ride rode everyday, while I get to go to the mountains and jump @#$% on my scream everyweekend. And next month snowshoe and mountain creek open up so Ill be huckin off everything!!!!! YIPPEE for ME

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
damnit jim said:
Girls... ritidan and back home in 1hr 11 min. 23.18 miles avg speed 16 mph... with a 15+ mph head wind on the way back. the ride back sucked...for lack of better trems... but the ride out was smokin'. Heck... I even passed a car, but this is guam and they do drive at about 25... but I went by him like he was standing still, maybe he was, Hummm.

So... I was at the top of ritidan just finishing the climb...and...you got it, some Japanese tourist decided he was lost and needed directions. 20' to go and he wanted me to stop and tell him were he was. well as the sweat was pouring out of my helmet and I was breathing like a crack head, the only thing that popped into my head was... ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME...JACKASS.

I'm out
Awesome ride! Too bad you actually stopped for that Japanese guy. I would of yell "remember Hiroshima mutha freaka!" Wait, did I just say that!! That's just wrong....hehe.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
vogey40 said:
HA HA!!!!!! You guys have to ride rode everyday, while I get to go to the mountains and jump @#$% on my scream everyweekend. And next month snowshoe and mountain creek open up so Ill be huckin off everything!!!!! YIPPEE for ME
In the words of the Stiff Myster "Go blow your dad!"

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
ROBdropGOboom said:
Awesome ride! Too bad you actually stopped for that Japanese guy. I would of yell "remember Hiroshima mutha freaka!" Wait, did I just say that!! That's just wrong....hehe.
Or Just give him the crazy eyes and yell:

GODZILLA!!!!!!!

ghstfaced

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Earth
I rode down around the inarajan middle school last weekend. I ended up in a dried up river bed canyon.The riding was alright. Not so muddy like I remember but the clay is a bitch. We got lost in the rolling hills and ended up traveling cross country to Talafofo Falls. We took the road back and ended up at the Fiesta in Inarajan where there was good food and drink and women. Good weekend I must say. I love my new bike. Its fast.

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
Do they still make those Adult diapers? I get to ride my bike to and from work everyday...weeee. <---that was a slow unemphasized wee! Oops, I crapped my pants! snoogin's...

Hey Damnitjim, did my videos come yet??? Box 1005 HI-C-HI