Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just got through with hooking up the Laptop to the Theater Room. Running a little test, I watched the Seeding runs on Freecaster and thought I would take a pic of Fraser on the Big Screen!!! Thanks for bringing this to us Live Fraser and Freecaster TV!!!!

A shot of the setup. Yes I am going to Geek out and ride the road bike while I watch the race...

Last edited:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Just got through with hooking up the Laptop to the Theater Room. Running a little test, I watched the Seeding runs on Freecaster and thought I would take a pic of Fraser on the Big Screen!!! Thanks for bringing this to us Live Fraser and Freecaster TV!!!!

A shot of the setup. Yes I am going to Geek out and ride the road bike while I watch the race...
I'd sooooo bring the beer over to watch...if I lived a little closer. Very sweet setup.

Agreed that what Fraser/Freecaster is doing rules!!! It will definitely spark much more interest in DHing here in the States if there's that much more exposure - and quality stuff at that. KEEP IT UP!!!

aaronlutze

Chimp
Jun 1, 2008
Hey guys, thanks so much for the awesome feedback on the Freecaster videos. The entire team here at all of the World Cups and World Championships is giving it everything we've got, and I think we're doing our best to use your feedback to make each event's coverage better and better.

As far as the juniors go--we are working with the tv crew today to have them record the juniors' runs onto our dv deck, and if everything goes smoothly, we'll be able to put some clips online from the junior's race (although I don't think it will be part of the live broadcast).

Thanks again for all the support, and enjoy the live broadcast today!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Holy crap, I'm bigger than life size on that thing. Sweet!

Like I've been saying, don;t thank me. I put the program together, but someone else is paying and many other people are spending long hours shooting, editing and dealing with foreign tv crews and internet connections.

The most heard thing in Italy this week I've had to deal with "Is not possible".

Oh and it's worlds, but the show ain't over yet. 3 world cups and crankworx to go!

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
what do i need for these videos to play on freecaster? I hit play and all i get is a black screen and the little circle that spins in the center like it's trying to buff.

May 31, 2008
Belgium
Today is the big day. To ensure all runs smoothly ...
  • ensure you have the latest version of Flash9 on your computer (preferably a Mac ;-) )
  • check the speed of your internet connection http://www.speedtest.net/ If you don't have at least 1.2 mbit/s you'll struggle as we encode our stream at 900 kbit/s to ensure quality
  • set your alarm clock ... the countdown on the Freecaster player should show the start time for your location
  • have a supply of beer and red bull
  • tune in to http://freecaster.com/live/1000188_1004965
  • be patient when initially logging in as our servers will have to handle many requests at once. Don't refresh unless nothing happens for 3 minutes. Once you're in, the player might buffer, but don't touch it, it will automatically resume playing
  • don't hesitate to use the full screen button for a better viewing experience

We have posted a 'shout' which will allow all to cheer up Rob and Tim while watching the live. You can use your Ridemonkey nickname if you want.

These companies make it all possible:Specialized, MySpace, akamai (stream servers) and Universal Sports

Finally email us the photo of you watching the stream or of your set-up and we will send a pair of Oakley to the best pic.

Enjoy !!

PS. Join the Rob Warner Appreciation Society on Facebook

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
  • ensure you have the latest version of Flash9 on your computer (preferably a Mac ;-) )
  • check the speed of your internet connection http://www.speedtest.net/ If you don't have at least 1.2 mbit/s you'll struggle as we encode our stream at 900 kbit/s to ensure quality
  • set your alarm clock ... the countdown on the Freecaster player should show the start time for your location
  • be patient when initially logging in as our servers will have to handle many requests at once. Don't refresh unless nothing happens for 3 minutes. Once you're in, the player might buffer, but don't touch it, it will automatically resume playing

We have posted a 'shout' which will allow all to cheer up Rob and Tim while watching the live. You can use your Ridemonkey nickname if you want.

These companies make it all possible:Specialized, MySpace, akamai (stream servers) and Universal Sports

Finally email us the photo of you watching the stream or of your set-up and we will send a pair of Oakley to the best pic.

Enjoy !!

Any suggestions as to what to do if the audio and video get out of sync? Seems to happen for me during live feeds.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA

Enjoy !!

saaawheeeeeeet.

May 31, 2008
Belgium
Any suggestions as to what to do if the audio and video get out of sync? Seems to happen for me during live feeds.
I couldn't reproduce the problem nor did akamai. I suggest in that case to click on stop in the player navigation and then play again to let the player resync. Don't refresh the entire page. Hope it all works !

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
And I've just started installing Vista SP1. Chances of it still going or PC being totally ****ed by the time of the race? :'(

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Tree pads - can understand at regional/national level as there's a lot of muppets like myself who would nail themselves without, but at world champs level it seems a bit wrong. The sport is supposed to be dangerous, supposed to be exciting, and these are the worlds best riders, and we're wrapping them all up in cotton wool effectively. 300 pads on the course? next thing you know they'll cover all the rocks with bubble-wrap!

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia

Is there any chance that you could sometime in the future stream a lower qual version? i get 700kbit/s on a really good day but usually less than 500... It's just a dream...I'm still very happy to just watch the normal vids with the "pause and wait till it all loads" technique ...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
And a higher quality version too please, I get 13 mbit/sec, come on, give us some HD goodness! ;-)

Haha, again just a dream, one day though! Keep up the good work Ray!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Haha, so glad it's midday here and I'm working anyway - I'd be gutted if I'd stayed up all night like you guys and then it didn't work! Nothing for me so far, no picture no sound :(

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
gaze into the spinning dots.................you are getting sleepy..........yours eyes are very heavy.....