Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Well I know its already been posted an mentioned but the kiwi's are flying high in qualifying, hopefully Italy is a happy hunting ground for us kiwi's!

Last time in Italy [Livigno], I think Vanessa took gold in Womens seniors and Scarlett below won the juniors shes had some bad injuries since but its great to see her back and in the top five, she rips and is world class so hopefuly luck willbe with her and the lads this week and some more colors can be brought home!

Good luck all, esspecially those in black:clapping:

MEN
1 - Gee Atherton GBR 3:24.81
2 - Greg Minnaar RSA 3:28.52
3 - Justin Leov NZL 3:29.95
4 - Sam Hill AUS 3:32.32
5 - Sam Blenkinsop NZL 3:35.72

Women
1 - Rachel Atherton GBR 4:05.72
2 - Emmeline Ragot FRA 4:16.14
3 - Sabrina Jonnier FRA 4:22.16
4 - Floriane Pugin FRA
5 - Scarlet Hagen NZL

Mens is gonna be tight GM is back on form, seems to be dialed on the SC, Gee is the real deal, and Hill aint going to let the WC jersey go easy!

I'm picking Rachel for the Womens Scarlett top 3, Rachel if she stay on the bike and has a clean run is looking the girl to beat this year, definitley stepped it up!

Can't wait!:banana:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oops, didn't know it was a medical prob.
I was just making a dumbass observation.
Sorry, that was lame.
Well, the dude has overcome whatever has been thrown at him,
because he is a ripper for sure.
Gotta run, I am running late for my tool syndrome support group.

A two man support group...and you're conveniently located only a 30 minute drive from one another. Take some Zima! :cheers:

:brows::brows:

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Hey you yanks.

Don't mean to be rude, but what the hell is up with US DH racing? Looking to the future here.... your fastest Junior is in 37th place in the seeding (no disrespect to him - I couldn't even walk the track), and there's only 3 or 4 in the whole field.
Naish probably took a digger. He usually does on his first timed run. Watch the finals.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
Hey you yanks.

Don't mean to be rude, but what the hell is up with US DH racing? Looking to the future here.... your fastest Junior is in 37th place in the seeding (no disrespect to him - I couldn't even walk the track), and there's only 3 or 4 in the whole field.
JD, who is only 19, was about 20 sec faster than our top junior.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
i have not seen them ever give medals out for seeding, but you are correct we need some help
Exactly, no rainbow stripes for fastest qualifier.

A wee bit early for us Kiwis to gloating just yet. If Aari can stay on his bike (unlike seeding) and Brooke doesn't get too excited then both are real medal contenders.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Exactly, no rainbow stripes for fastest qualifier.

A wee bit early for us Kiwis to gloating just yet. If Aari can stay on his bike (unlike seeding) and Brooke doesn't get too excited then both are real medal contenders.
Yep - absolutly - no prize for a seeding run. No gloating from this Kiwi about the performance of the most powerful nation on the earth in a sport they claim to have invented... :bonk: just wondering about the $$ powerhouse of MTB if they've no top level riders in the sport ina few years.

Racing's what matters, and I'm sure the young US rippers will step it up a notch.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I have to say this too... Fraser, Freecaster :beerjam::beerjam::beerjam::rockout: Thanks!

As somebody said, you´ve got footage for a great movie.

BrayDownhill

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Bray, Ireland
Qualifying video up on www.mtbcut.tv now as well, its sweet, shows some very different angles to the freecaster stuff, now if only mtbcut's vid quality was a wee bit better. C'mon Mr Lawlor.

Check out the kovarik bit, look at his front wheel getting smashed about, all the footage just keeps reminding me how much of a mere mortal I am!!

Oh and dirtmag.co.uk have a helmet cam of Ben Reid blitzing it down, hope he can crack into the top ten, 11th at the moment

R

rb92078

Hey you yanks.

Its all good, we were a threat for quite a while and will eventually climb back up. Until you have as many Champions as we do, your comment is very weak. Our list is pretty good.... Herbold, King, Palmer, Rockwell, Carter, Lopes, Voreis, Tomac, and list gets longer..... In the grand scheme of things we've only been back a small amount of time in comparison to the years we were a threat. And not to sound rude, but if it wasn't for OUR series in the USA.... One of your first top riders (Kirkaldie) would have never even been noticed.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I hear down the aul Grape-Vine that Michal Prokop is out with a clavicle snapping! Anyone in attendence confirm?

4x seeding/qualis tonight, somone needs to take one of Jared's pedals off or patch up one of his eyes or something.

funny how no one cares about 4x faggotry when DH is this Rad!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
There is a nice video of Thursday's practice here - especially interesting if you understand/speak French.
http://www.bigbike-magazine.com/

Fabien basically says that the track is difficult and extremely complex - that every technical aspect that should be present in a DH track is there (steep, speed, rocks, roots, low visibility, not many places to brake, etc..)

He went on to say "whoever wins this race is truly THE best rider in the world"

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Since I did not see Butch ask ;)

What time does a west coaster need to tune in? like late tonight right?
Way too lazy to go and look.

Oh and.....

ITS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holy crap this is gonna be good!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Did some googleling on Val Di Sole weather for saturday......looks like Sun with some clouds....rain not til the evening.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Since I did not see Butch ask ;)

What time does a west coaster need to tune in? like late tonight right?
Way too lazy to go and look.

Oh and.....

ITS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holy crap this is gonna be good!
For west coasters it's actually 03:45. CET is Eastern Daylight time +6 hrs. So broadcast times for the U.S. are:

NY/Boston: 06:45
Chicago/Dallas: 05:45
Denver/SLC: 04:45
LA/San Fran: 03:45

Get to bed early!

--JP