Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
It's gonna be like X-Mas morning for all of us I think! With the new freecaster chatroom feature I think there's gonna be a heck of an online breakfast club going on tomorrow morning!

-ska todd

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Fraser: at the WCs freecaster has had loads of interview vids up, none for the Worlds - any coming?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For west coasters it's actually 03:45. CET is Eastern Daylight time +6 hrs. So broadcast times for the U.S. are:

NY/Boston: 06:45
Chicago/Dallas: 05:45
Denver/SLC: 04:45
LA/San Fran: 03:45

Get to bed early!

--JP
3:45am, sweet, thats right about the time I am walking my daughter back to her room as she sneaks into our bed-every friggin night. Guess we will walk into the office instead of her bedroom and watch some DH.

edit-finally got to watch that seeding run vid on freecaster-well done Ray and Fraser on hooking up the Specialized sponsorship for the show-Specialized is always a catalyst to good things in MTB racing, so good sign. As for the video, so wicked...the pros always make you wonder how in the hell they go so much faster than yourself, clip of needles in there looking like he was shot out of a cannon!

And Rachel Atherton....come on!?? she is looking very ACC like in that video-unreal.

Thanks freecaster

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
It's gonna be like X-Mas morning for all of us I think! With the new freecaster chatroom feature I think there's gonna be a heck of an online breakfast club going on tomorrow morning!

-ska todd
My wife is 32 wks pregnant and looooves her sleep. Regardless, she's vowed to wake up and cheer on Sam Hill tomorrow morning. <3

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
My wife is 32 wks pregnant and looooves her sleep. Regardless, she's vowed to wake up and cheer on Sam Hill tomorrow morning. <3
My wife is 35 weeks pregnant, and If I woke her up to cheer on Sam Hill,
she would beat me with a frying pan. Luckily, it takes her at least 3 minutes to get out of bed now, so I will have a good head start.:cheers:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wow, that helmetcam vid on Big-Bike really shows how tech this course is!!! I think Barel wasn't sh*tting us when he says whoever wins this race is THE best Dher. They will have to A) memorize each and every rock, root and whatever else is down there B) pick the right lines thru the course and C) nail it. All while hoping for no mechanicals. That's no short task for even the best of the best.

As far as going to bed early on the West coast (USA)...screw that. It's more like stay up all night and get tore up! There's only one way to rock!!!:beerjam::rockout:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So the course will be wet and sloppy, its a gnar gnar track loaded with technical.

Sam, Gee, Greg for 1,2,3?
Rach taking it for the womens?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Its all good, we were a threat for quite a while and will eventually climb back up. Until you have as many Champions as we do, your comment is very weak. Our list is pretty good.... Herbold, King, Palmer, Rockwell, Carter, Lopes, Voreis, Tomac, and list gets longer..... In the grand scheme of things we've only been back a small amount of time in comparison to the years we were a threat. And not to sound rude, but if it wasn't for OUR series in the USA.... One of your first top riders (Kirkaldie) would have never even been noticed.
Relax. We're a country of only 4 million people. Our performance is plenty good enough.

I'm sure you'll get back up, but based on the low numbers of your juniors racing internationally it's going to be quite a while. My point is that most of commerical DH is driven by the US market $... if you guys fade away at the top end there'll be no bling gear and gold moto pants for the rest of us.

As for YOUR series IN the USA. Great. You must be very proud. I'm talking about the world stage, where it matters. :busted:

On topic..... how nuts is that helmet cam? The only chance for a rest is over that wooden bridge.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Speaking of Sam, there is a friday practice vid up on mtbcut. watch Gee go down the steep, stair-step section and then watch Sam from the same angle. Gee is getting bounced around (Kovarik too) while Sam is doubling up little sections. So smooth.

Minnaar has a bit of a crash onto his face, you can see all the paint fly off his helmet visor when he hits the ground.

Last edited:

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
that dude standing on the side got such a smash from minnaar's handlebars! I would say that hurt!
sam is looking real smooth through that section!

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Haha, Bryceland... If I were into editing, I would put together a "Bryceland interview special". The guy is one of a kind... Haha.

Just check it out... 0:46. Bwaha...
http://www.mtbcut.tv/ the day before...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Heartbreak for prokop, not for the silly 4x, but for the BMX olympics.
2 months to Olympics, hopefully he can recover. read somewhere that he didn't break anything, but strained a tendon in his shoulder. either way, i can't imagine trying to race Olympic level BMX at anything less than 100%.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Hey, New Skinland, don´t bring that **** up again.

Rockwool´s going to post up the whole internet if we bring that up again.

LittleBIGjumP

Monkey
Jul 15, 2006
Gold Coast OZ
Well your going to bed I just got back from my morning ride, now its time for coffee, pancakes and a day at the beach.:monkeydance:

But will all be watching the same thing in about 12 hours:biggrin:

Some closer than others....

LBJ