Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Sounds like TGreathead and I are riding the loop but at a slow speed. It will be Sunday and we want to enjoy the day and not kill ourselves trying keep up with 60 y.os. talking about they body builder ex-wives.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
it's basically an awesome rocky singletrack, with lots of tight hairpin switchbacks, and a few very nasty rock sections. 10 minute hike to the top, and a couple of walk-a-bikes in the middle

bneall, on a gnar rock section

bring your pads and fullface

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
it's basically an awesome rocky singletrack, with lots of tight hairpin switchbacks, and a few very nasty rock sections. 10 minute hike to the top, and a couple of walk-a-bikes in the middle

bneall, on a gnar rock section

bring your pads and fullface
How many times do you guys shuttle it?

I can get 4 bikes and 4 guys in my car.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
we've always talked about doing it twice, but never tried... once usually beats everyone up pretty good..

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
is this the poach trail in malibu? i heard hikers only on that thing. regardless, is this gonna happen on saturday? i can get a shuttle truck up there (assuming J will bend to my will).

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
this shuttle beats the hell out of J-drop, it's longer and funner, and doesn't require sweating on the fireroad climbs. Still haven't tried Wilson so can't speak for that

if everybody's down, let's poach this bitch on Sunday morning, or Saturday morning whatever works best for the majority of the crew... how 'bout it?
Would be nice to get a little train going.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm in for saturday morning. we just did wilson, so i'd be in for another ride. heck, i could do another wilson too :)

i'm a maybe for sunday morning.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
So what are we hitting up this Sun? If nothing goes down, I'm forced to spend the day at home watching all the TV Evangelists:rolleyes:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
dh shuttle.. meet at 8.30-9.00 at the bottom
i'll PM directions if you're down

mandown, nag, tg.. you guys in?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm 85% down. i gotta double check my sunday plans. is this the malibu dh? i'll need directions for that (i'm coming from hollywood). if it is wilson, then i would assume the jpl parking lot?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
iite.. you crazies

mandown: yea. this is the malibu shuttle, i'll PM directions.

Abstrakt you going?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Hmm...keeping up a/ Nags on the climbs or poaching a trail....

Yeah, go ahead and PM me those directions to Malibu.

Dont know of any other legal fun shuttle spots up here?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
yea dude... let's try to do the Wilson thing...

how's the hiker situation on weekends. i heard it can be bad

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
yea dude... let's try to do the Wilson thing...

How's the hiker situation on weekends. i heard it can be bad
This time of year its less than ideal but its not too bad as long as you go really early or afternoon, around 11am sucks cause all the 'never-go-outdoors' people decide to 'give it a shot.' Best time of year is around February when its colder, also makes for a better ride since its usually foggy :)

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
TG and I have found the hikers to be super nice. Most of them think we're crazy for riding those trails on our bikes (nothing crazy about the trails really).

I don't recall ever having a bad encounter with a hiker up there. Most are friendly and curious.

I just realized I am aiming to hit Mammoth opening weekend which is June 23rd.

Any of you guys interested?