Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo '05 - Plans and Smacktalk

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
j-ventura said:
Hi TreeSaw, well I was suckered by Ghostrider into trying one of these things and your team sounded like my kind of style. So what's the official name? What do you think of "Blood Sweat Beers"? What is the consensus on the "right" beer to bring?

I'm already thinking for the night lap I will switch up to Kalua and Coffee since I really don't have any winter type clothing.
T-dog says the best kind of beer to bring is some brand called "Lotsof" while Kalvin swears by another obscure brand named "More". Hope that helps.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
j-ventura said:
Hi TreeSaw, well I was suckered by Ghostrider into trying one of these things and your team sounded like my kind of style. So what's the official name? What do you think of "Blood Sweat Beers"? What is the consensus on the "right" beer to bring?

I'm already thinking for the night lap I will switch up to Kalua and Coffee since I really don't have any winter type clothing.
LOL!! I love it! Excellent plan on the night ride too!!! :D We're going to have SO much fun!!!! Don't worry...I suck and this is my 2nd 24 hour race.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Ya' all just think of me for a second when you're out in the middle of the desert having the time of yer life............I'll be running around in blizzards, getting yelled at, getting doused with pepper spray and shining boots...........

But...............I will have weekends and holidays off for the rest of my working days! Woo Hoo!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Mtbkngrl said:
Ya' all just think of me for a second when you're out in the middle of the desert having the time of yer life............I'll be running around in blizzards, getting yelled at, getting doused with pepper spray and shining boots...........

But...............I will have weekends and holidays off for the rest of my working days! Woo Hoo!

boot camp im Alaska????

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
I don't know what her excuse is, but I deem it invalid. Good thing we've got some new hotties in the camp to make up for the reduction in overall camp hotness.
I don't think your claim of a reduction in overall camp hotness will sit well with Gee Spot :D

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
I don't think your claim of a reduction in overall camp hotness will sit well with Gee Spot :D
Well, Gee Spot is hot, for sure, and Treesaw can hold her own too, but Mtbkngrl is my type of woman. If I wasn't so happily married, and a few other minor things were different, I'd be her number one stalker.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
So, how are the east coasters getting their bikes there? Squirrel & I were looking at cases for the plane :dead:

my plan is once I get out there, to buy a huffy at the local Walmart

are you flying united?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
In other news, here's a before and after pic of Westy that details the changes that have occurred since he went for a ride with the West Coast team yesterday. He should never have agreed to borrow T-Dog's camel back.
Luckily my enlarged liver, caused by years of drinking Sterno and Listerine, was able to clean the poisons out of my system overnight. I feel fresh and strong.

Big thanks to T-Dog for loaning me a bike + equipment, and showing me around. The riding was great and the beer was tasty. I hope the rest of the East Coast team is training hard, these guys are fast.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
ghostrider said:
Well that's odd. Usually T-Dog only has Budweiser available.
Too bad you had to leave early......we were stocked with Heineken and Dos equis and egg nog for a change.

Good thinking on adding the aging drug you got from your new job at Drugco to Westys water supply.....by february he'll have the physique of an 80 year old man.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Westy said:
The riding was great and the beer was tasty. I hope the rest of the East Coast team is training hard, these guys are fast......
Hey Westy-thanks for the riding and for lunch...you and your expense account are welcome here anytime. (I'd like to remind you that it's not polite to borrow a bike, and then school us on our home turf.)

Now then. As to the matter of stakes for this race.....I suggested mohawks for the losing team, but it seems that some people's HR dept.s and company dress codes might not favor that, so.....suggestions?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
T-Dog said:
Now then. As to the matter of stakes for this race.....I suggested mohawks for the losing team, but it seems that some people's HR dept.s and company dress codes might not favor that, so.....suggestions?

Hmm, well we had a bet at dalton where the slowest peeps would give the fastest peeps a little present (based on lap times)..........somehow (home turf helped a lot) I tied for 3rd fasetest lap, but I didnt get squat! :blah:

but if you want to bet, and if peeps will honor it then:

Shiny times - shaved heads are sexy!

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was hoping to just have fun at the race. If we start raising the stakes to head shaving levels I'm gonna have to start training and try to drop the hammer on our west coast friends. I think we should stick with liquor as the prize. Everyone brings a bottle, winners leave with their own bottle and one from a loser. We could use bike schwag instead of liquor too.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh we will all be having fun. But I am training my ass off, and I'm already in better shape than I was at Dalton. I vote for either liquor as a prize, or some sort of cool thing like hoodies or jerseys.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Oh we will all be having fun. But I am training my ass off, and I'm already in better shape than I was at Dalton. I vote for either liquor as a prize, or some sort of cool thing like hoodies or jerseys.
liquor :thumb:

oh crap.........looks like I'll be battling to not be the slow guy in this west vs east battle royal

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:

Crap your training!! I went to the gym for the first time in months yesterday and found that I am in baaad shape.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Crap your training!! I went to the gym for the first time in months yesterday and found that I am in baaad shape.

Westy in bad shape > Doug in good shape

">" of course equals greater than (i.e faster!)

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
The West Coast team has a new secret weapon. This dude is so fast I'm going to stop the little bit of training I was doing.

As for stakes, I say somebody design and build the 'Ridemonkey' Cup, which is held by the captain of the winning team, like the America's Cup or whatever that thing is called.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
The West Coast team has a new secret weapon. This dude is so fast I'm going to stop the little bit of training I was doing.

As for stakes, I say somebody design and build the 'Ridemonkey' Cup, which is held by the captain of the winning team, like the America's Cup or whatever that thing is called.

I was going to build a trophy for Dalton last year. Bought a can of gold spray paint to make it look craptastic. I never made the trophy but I will happily give the can of gold paint to the captain of the winning team.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:

I like that idea..........so in June it would be handed to the winning monkey team there, correct ?

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
TreeSaw said:
East Coast:
Echo, captain, 100%
Gee Spot, 100%
Douglas, 100%
Westy, 110%
Squirrel?, 100%?

I believe you're all set! I only have 3 people put into my team so far though :eek:
I'm pretty sure you have all five. Just waiting on some folks to poop or get off the pot.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
East Coast:
Echo, captain, 100%
Gee Spot, 100%
Douglas, 100%
Westy, 110%
Squirrel?, 100%?

I believe you're all set! I only have 3 people put into my team so far though :eek:

oh right, duh on me!

damn, we are gonna kick some major arse!!!