Quantcast

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Speaking of, has anyone heard of @Gary lately? How is he dealing with the aftermath?
I'm doing ok. Cheers.
Dunno if you'd describe it as aftermath but my sense of smell is still weird 4 months on. Especially if I'm fatigued

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
glad you're better.
anything unusual with your heart you've noticed?
Cheers.

I honestly wouldn't know if my heart was doing something unusual until it was (close to) too late. My lifestyle can still be pretty fucked up at the best of times.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'm doing ok. Cheers.
Dunno if you'd describe it as aftermath but my sense of smell is still weird 4 months on. Especially if I'm fatigued
Great. Was worried as I haven't seen you around these parts lately. Your bike fitness is not affected at all?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I wonder if this is part of why men get it more than women, same thing for kids. Or is it that men and adults are more likely to get it so those infected are more likely to be more than 6' tall?
The ratio of men vs. women that contract it seems to vary between countries and shows a pretty good correlation with the number of smokers of each gender. Can't find the paper ATM that showed that (was a preprint on BioRxiv).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wonder if this is part of why men get it more than women, same thing for kids. Or is it that men and adults are more likely to get it so those infected are more likely to be more than 6' tall?
i'm still wondering why i am still alive....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Great. Was worried as I haven't seen you around these parts lately. Your bike fitness is not affected at all?
The rona was a pretty rough time (about 3 weeks) so I did zero excercise throughout and then when i started to feel better again I just gently got back into it just riding local with my kids n stuff. We couldn't really go anywhere good to ride here for over 3 months as Scottish lockdown restrictions meant we were limited to nothing more than actual local riding and essential travel. It's actually quite flat farmland round here but half an hours drive to the good mtb trails/hills so for those 3 months I was mainly just commuting and doing flat XC rides so fitness/strength has changed rather than gone.
We finally have freedom to travel to ride again now so I've been back actual mtbing for the past couple of weeks... the only issue I had was cramping leg muscles and slightly weaker grip/braking from not doing proper riding. But TBH I was riding with a group of fit Enduro racers with an average age of HALF mine.

Off to Fort william tomorrow for a weekend of WC track laps with the lads. I'll be on a 400mm reach 26" DH bike. so if that doesn't cure the sissy hands/legs issues nothing will. ;)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
paid furloughs
Pretty sure that's not how a furlough works.

Cheating the system to survive isn't normally fair from the standpoint of fair competition.

But enabling the further spread of the disease fucks over everyone. They put their customers at risk, their employees. We could be in a much better situation in this country that allows businesses to operate, but it is the shitty selfish acts like this that make this pandemic so bad. They are the ones fucking over the other restaurant owners, the barbers and hairdressers, teachers, churches, child care, pretty much everyone. And even though a lot of people get to work from home, their industries are being affected. 10% of my WFH coworkers got laid off this year, we will probably lose another 20% by the end of the year. These are the people who go to restaurants an buy things from small businesses. Now they are just trying to figure out how to pay rent.

Of course the 150,000 dead people are irrelevant when we talk about matters of finance.

It isn't about breaking harmless rules, these are type of assholes that are making the pandemic so bad and screwing over everyone else. Fuck'em.
Ding-ding!

These sorts of idiots are EXACTLY why I've spent the last 3 months on a furlough, collecting the princely sums of money that unemployment provided. :rolleyes:. It's why my wife got to leisurely and lazily spend the last quarter of the year making power points for 10, 12, or 14 hours a day so kids could "distance learn", at home. These types of mouth breathers are why a whole fucking continent is now off limits to Americans putting my entire industry in danger. These fucking rubes are why thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people, in just my industry alone, are going to be long term unemployed come October. These morons are why two weeks before schools usually start, most families still don't even know what their kids are going to be doing come September. But maybe those realities aren't "unique" enough. A lot of small businesses in this town, and all over this country are struggling and likely going to die. I'm trying to support the ones I can. Mostly the ones not seeking to make political hay or going mask-less for Jesus.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty sure that's not how a furlough works.

Ding-ding!

These sorts of idiots are EXACTLY why I've spent the last 3 months on a furlough, collecting the princely sums of money that unemployment provided. :rolleyes:. It's why my wife got to leisurely and lazily spend the last quarter of the year making power points for 10, 12, or 14 hours a day so kids could "distance learn", at home. These types of mouth breathers are why a whole fucking continent is now off limits to Americans putting my entire industry in danger. These fucking rubes are why thousands of people are going to be long term unemployed come October. These morons are why two weeks before schools usually start, most families still don't even know what their kids are going to be doing come September. But maybe those realities aren't "unique" enough. A lot of small businesses in this town, and all over this country are struggling and likely going to die. I'm trying to support the ones I can. Mostly the ones not seeking to make political hay or going mask-less for Jesus.

Loose lips sink ships

Unmasked crowds tank economies.

Want the economy back up and running? Stop spreading disease. The formula for that isn't difficult but it takes a short term investment and discipline. The deferred cost of not doing anything is going to a hell of a lot bigger than doing the right thing the right way.

But the concepts of deferred cost and discipline are fucking mysteries to Americans. Not just your average mouth breather but American corporations and governments.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Loose lips sink ships

Unmasked crowds tank economies.
Oooff! 9.5% GDP loss this quarter, 32.9% annualised rate!

This is what Trump is costing you, other than, you know, 150,000 lives.
Huh. That's a pretty unique reality.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
A lot of small businesses in this town, and all over this country are struggling and likely going to die.
More unique realities.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Domestic terrorists.

Bless his heart -- may his political dogma be flattened by a mack fucking truck full of karma

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I thought it was because the virus enters the urethra like a candiru, and taller men have their urethra closer to the average person’s mouth height.
This is like something your middle school friend's older loser brother would say while hitting a bong while sitting under a Phish poster. In other words, it's excellent.