Quantcast

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
pipe down florida man
I am Florida personified. I have a convertible and a sunburned bald spot. I am feckless and sketchy, but with inexplicable amounts of money. I only own one pair of pants. I wasn't born here, but moved here and outcompeted the locals (not hard, they are dumb fucking rednecks.) I drive passed the poverty and debauchery without seeing it, on my way to a fancy party. Me me me. And when I've extracted the last bits of value from this grim, decaying carcass, I'll just move on to somewhere else. It suits me just fine. That label suits me just fine too, I have no illusions about what I am. I also have no shame.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I am Florida personified. I have a convertible and a sunburned bald spot. I am feckless and sketchy, but with inexplicable amounts of money. I only own one pair of pants. I wasn't born here, but moved here and outcompeted the locals (not hard, they are dumb fucking rednecks.) I drive passed the poverty and debauchery without seeing it, on my way to a fancy party. Me me me. And when I've extracted the last bits of value from this grim, decaying carcass, I'll just move on to somewhere else. It suits me just fine. That label suits me just fine too, I have no illusions about what I am. I also have no shame.
I would read this book.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well due to the current panic the system is near capacity. Em's is already running out of ppe. They expect 50 to 70% of first responder and hospital personnel to get sick for up to two weeks. Unless you are critical or in respiratory distress you will not get sent to the hospital. Mash tents are getting set up. Testing for all is a myth. This is today and the shit has not even started hitting the fan

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well due to the current panic the system is near capacity. Em's is already running out of ppe. They expect 50 to 70% of first responder and hospital personnel to get sick for up to two weeks. Unless you are critical or in respiratory distress you will not get sent to the hospital. Mash tents are getting set up. Testing for all is a myth. This is today and the shit has not even started hitting the fan

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Note from the ground in Italy. Sounds horrific.
And another

Let post 5 there sink in a bit.
Not the same dude, but a similar message from another Italian Doctor interviewed on CBC last night: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/italians-must-follow-rules-and-stay-home-to-stop-coronavirus-disaster-says-doctor-1.5491013

he seemed pretty overwhelmed.

Anyhoo... my mom just decided to cancel her trip to visit us this Friday. She's in France, we're in Canada. I guess it's just not worth the risk at this point. Air France is offering to refund, or reschedule flights at no cost, so....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All external company meetings have been cancelled. Well then... Waiting for feedback from boss about how to proceed.