Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Testing for COVID-19 and influenza

UCHealth has performed 4,910 rapid tests using our Cepheid and BioFire platforms since Nov. 11. No cases of influenza have been identified through this testing. For symptomatic patients tested on these platforms, the positivity rate for COVID-19 has been nearly 29%.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Testing for COVID-19 and influenza

UCHealth has performed 4,910 rapid tests using our Cepheid and BioFire platforms since Nov. 11. No cases of influenza have been identified through this testing. For symptomatic patients tested on these platforms, the positivity rate for COVID-19 has been nearly 29%.
It'S jUsT ThE FlU!1!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
10+ months into this and now they realize they need to decide who gets vaccinated first and how to distribute and vaccinate within each state. Good planning right there...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
10+ months into this and now they realize they need to decide who gets vaccinated first and how to distribute and vaccinate within each state. Good planning right there...
To be fair you kind of need to know what the vaccine is first. Is it administered by suppository, injection or bukakke? Are their risk groups? Will it cause autism or turn frogs gay? Which service provider will have 5g mind control infrastructure ready?

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Me in april: well shit, got some time at home, cars get maintenance, bikes get updated, tune dirtbike and snowmobiles, house gets painted

Me in November looking at dog hair sitting on the floor for 3 months: meh, ain't nobody coming over....
Oh yes.
I’ve reached the stage where I’ve started to take down art and decorations and knick-knacks and put them in the trash. Nobody coming over.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh yes.
I’ve reached the stage where I’ve started to take down art and decorations and knick-knacks and put them in the trash. Nobody coming over.
Hey now let's not get crazy. At the very least replace those with things that hold some personal value and provide joy. In your case a shirtless danzig (otherwise known as 'danzig' ), some urban dictionary entries that only you know, and I can only assume your favorite stills from our nations highest regarded snuff films.

Let's not forget self care in times of crisis.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hey now let's not get crazy. At the very least replace those with things that hold some personal value and provide joy. In your case a shirtless danzig (otherwise known as 'danzig' ), some urban dictionary entries that only you know, and I can only assume your favorite stills from our nations highest regarded snuff films.

Let's not forget self care in times of crisis.
BC2A7869-2AD3-41E4-BEB8-6A5825D2F1D2.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Haven't had a haircut since January and the only reason not to let the beard go monster, is the need to wear a mask. That meme someone posted with the dude giving himself a curled mullet is looking pretty good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We can’t smell our teenager’s room, so that’s a win.
Guy I work with has a new-ish baby at home. Came home after work, said whole house reeked of poopy diaper. Said something to wife about the stench. Wife replied with "what stench?" Uh oh....... Wife tested positive, but never really got sick aside from lack of smell/taste, coworker got sent down the quarantine hole for 2 weeks and got pretty ill, but actually tested negative.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Ruh roh. Old neighbor got arrested for spitting at some maskless hikers, which apparently is considered assault with threat of a biological agent. And that, my friends, is felony and federal crime. I'd wager he's in deep shit now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh no, they have known this stuff for several months. They are incompetent and don't care.
I like this podcast in general. But this episode ("Cell Strain") was very interesting. I think they started working on it before Covid struck, and published it in the Spring...

It's about the development of the Polio vaccine (apparently there were anti-vaxxers back in the early 1900's too...), but also the distribution of the vaccine, and the effects of "states rights" on different populations. A worthwhile listen and this junction in "our" pandemic...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Ruh roh. Old neighbor got arrested for spitting at some maskless hikers, which apparently is considered assault with threat of a biological agent. And that, my friends, is felony and federal crime. I'd wager he's in deep shit now.
I'd say he is lucky. Where I come from spitting on someone justifies, no demands, a severe beat-down.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd say he is lucky. Where I come from spitting on someone justifies, no demands, a severe beat-down.
Punishment for assault with a biological agent is up to 20 years in prison with a $10,000 fine.

I'd take the beat down and say thank you.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the county numbers keep going up. The response is to set up a drive through testing and they are trying to test as many residents as possible in an effort to reduce our positive numbers. A reverse Trump, if you will.

I got $5 that says our positive rate % increases with the rate of testing. Guess we will find out.