Quantcast

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
still a problem...

What I suspect they're going to find out, is that once there is non-EUA approval by the FDA, employers are going to mandate they get this vaccine.

At this point, there is no excuse, IMO, for folks not to get the jab.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
still a problem...

What I suspect they're going to find out, is that once there is non-EUA approval by the FDA, employers are going to mandate they get this vaccine.

At this point, there is no excuse, IMO, for folks not to get the jab.
this is what I was looking for....testimony from this week....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We're never going to get out of here, but I do respect their willingness to DIE for their cause (owning the libs...)

A month after every adult in the U.S. became eligible for the vaccine, a distinct geographic pattern has emerged: The highest vaccination rates are concentrated in the Northeast, while the lowest ones are mostly in the South.

#CrosspostDarwinThread

1621620486248.png

+++
[Charts/snark via the great orange satan]

GEE, WHAT COULD BE GOING ON HERE?
vaxxes_by_state_red_blue_dots_052021.jpg

IT’S A REAL MYSTERY. WE MAY NEVER FIGURE IT OUT.
vaxxes_red_blue_counties_michigan_051721.jpg

IT’S ALMOST AS IF THERE’S A PATTERN.
vaxxes_red_blue_counties_iowa_dots_051921.jpg

I CAN’T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT…
vaxxes_red_blue_counties_california.jpg

WHO KNOWS? IT COULD BE ALMOST ANYTHING.
vaxxes_red_blue_counties_all_counties_dots_051821.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Who, that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

View attachment 160457

Also, correlation != causation. I'm sure it's purely coincidence.

Being a Trump voter doesn't cause someone to deny vaccinations, but I can think of a lot of common behaviors that would cause both. Willful ignorance comes to mind.

There is probably also a correlation between southern blacks and non-vaccinations. White American has a rather unfounded lack of trust when it comes to government provided health care. Black America has some pretty good historical reasons to be skeptical.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
“They didn’t have long enough to test it,” said James Martin, 68, explaining why he has no plans to get the vaccine as he stopped for cigarettes at a convenience store in Clanton, Alabama. “They don’t know what the long-term effect is. That’s what makes me skeptical.”

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife's nephew just announced he isn't going to get vaccinated because he doesn't believe in it. He's 23, got a DUI last year and has been living in a bong shed in his folks back yard collecting unemployment ever since.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The wife's nephew just announced he isn't going to get vaccinated because he doesn't believe in it. He's 23, got a DUI last year and has been living in a bong shed in his folks back yard collecting unemployment ever since.
Tell him you believe his house keys aren't gonna work the next time he visits

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tell him you believe his house keys aren't gonna work the next time he visits
His folks paid for his DUI, then built the bong shed when he got laid off last year. Just found out the place he was working is hiring, but he's happy where he is, in the bong shed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The US still has 500 people dying per dat of what is now an easily preventable disease. Even though those "at risk" have been vaccinated at a higher rate than others, new variants have largely maintained the death rate at about 2%

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
As vaccines are readily available in the US and they are highly effective in preventing severe cases, and the death rate is 2%, I declare that we have officially entered the Darwinian phase of Covid and I do not feel inclined to convince people to get vaccinated.
Thats 2%, per round of covid.

Anybody has an idea/projection on what are the lifetime odds without a vaccine?
How many times will you get covid, say from age 20 until 80 (if you make it that far)? And what are the cumulative odds of dying for the non-vaccinated?
Thats some hardcore evolutionary shit going down in the next years.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thats 2%, per round of covid.

Anybody has an idea/projection on what are the lifetime odds without a vaccine?
How many times will you get covid, say from age 20 until 80 (if you make it that far)? And what are the cumulative odds of dying for the non-vaccinated?
Thats some hardcore evolutionary shit going down in the next years.
The better question is, how much does long Covid or the aftermath of an infection impact your quality of life?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
so, let’s suppose it did ’come from a lab’.
If it wasn’t intentional, how does this change anything?
Depends on where you stand on the political spectrum. Either it is a good incentive to stop gain-of-function experiments with potential human pathogens or it is OMG, CHINA HAS TO PAY FOR THIS!!1!!111!!!!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Yeah, like that would go anywhere.
Can’t imagine China saying anything other than ‘oops, my bad’.
China probably wouldnt pay shit, but then you´d have all the excuses you need for trade embargos, forfeiture of foreign assets, certain bans on research and cold war 2.0

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
China probably wouldnt pay shit, but then you´d have all the excuses you need for trade embargos, forfeiture of foreign assets, certain bans on research and cold war 2.0
Trump and his followers would finally have a "good" reason to hate on all asians.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
If it was lab born, me thinks this news/confirmation would just play into the hands of the anti-vax reality-free bubble people. I also think to some extent that this is why wet market was played up so much, as it it was "natural" then people would be less hesitant regarding a vaccine. However if lab...then...Dr. Evil must be involved with a Chineese/WHO plot to... Pick one nefarious plot from column A and one from Column B. :tinfoil:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Trump and his followers would finally have a "good" reason to hate on all asians.
It wouldnt be the US alone.
China has a lot of interests/assets all over the world.
Like 1/4 of its imports are raw materials (mineral ores, copper, etc), and they come from everywhere... and their trade agreements are huge and well negotiated. "Compensation" could create cracks around them.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
so, let’s suppose it did ’come from a lab’.
If it wasn’t intentional, how does this change anything?
First step - US should not be financing dangerous experiments abroad if deemed too risky on home soil.
Second - the world needs to better prepare for whatever comes next. This clearly demonstrates that China is not a trusted partner - they engaged in cover ups, misleading the public, silencing the dissent with official policies etc., and did nothing to prevent the virus from spreading from Wuhan to the rest of the world for weeks.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you don't know what happened, how exactly do you prevent it from happening again? If it was natural, then continuing gain of function research seems not only smart, but necessary. However, if it was a lab leak that was covered up, continuing research in China where the CCP has final say on all inspections and who gets to go where and when during an investigation has some pretty obvious drawbacks.

China's not paying for shit, but there's no way they'll course correct unless it's known that they went off course in the first place. Also, if it did turn out that they covered up the accident all the good will earned by distributing vaccines around the world would evaporate pretty quickly.

If it was lab born, me thinks this news/confirmation would just play into the hands of the anti-vax reality-free bubble people. I also think to some extent that this is why wet market was played up so much, as it it was "natural" then people would be less hesitant regarding a vaccine. However if lab...then...Dr. Evil must be involved with a Chineese/WHO plot to... Pick one nefarious plot from column A and one from Column B. :tinfoil:
You assume the anti vaxxers haven't already made up their mind on what their "truth" is. The conspiracy definitely has more legs though if they're intentionally obscuring the origin, I'll give them that. If it originated from a lab leak, best to just put it out there rather than hiding it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If this was a lab escapement it should be sounding alarm bells around the world about lab safety regulations in addition to pointing out how easily it would be for any po-dunk lab to create a deadly pandemic not to mention weaponizing such a thing. Not only was it dumb for the Trump administration to have stepped down the CDC pandemic team if this was an escapement this kind of thing should be on the radar as a national security risk.

We probably aren't too far away from someone being able to custom tailor a virus that could make certain ethnic groups more susceptible.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
And it would probably start right here:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And it would probably start right here:

Possible, but any race/region of humans that has been isolated may lack the genetic diversity to be targeted. I can't remember the exact breakdown but people from different regions generate a different number of Antibodies. Africans having the most and I believe in descending order Europeans, Aisians and Native Americans.

It was a while ago and from a history book not necessarily a scientific one so not sure how accurate the data was. It discussed the vulnerability of Native Americans to Europeans diseases and the ability for Africans to fight off tropical diseases. That reasoned why African Slavery really only took hold in the sub and tropical regions of the Americas, survivability.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Most of the information supporting the lab leak hypothesis early on came from the US Intelligence community, they were already viewing it as a national/global security risk. Even without genetically engineering the prefect virus look what it's done to the US, or really the whole Western world.

DARPA's been on it for a while now too https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2017-02-06a

Say what you will about defense spending, MRNA vaccines were worth every penny

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If the lab story is right then the other side of that is the US was funding that research and also know about the poor safety standards. It’s pretty karmic. It does sound plausible but like the chap said, there is no hard evidence at all.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I am not really sure about gain of function experiments, after I read that article I took a brief dip into that, and happy to be corrected but it does seem that we’ve never got anything out of that except honing our abilities to fuck with viruses and the like.