Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"Our symbols stand as celebratory representations of a genuine Irish heritage at Notre Dame a heritage that we regard with respect, loyalty and affection."

genuine heritage represented by a imaginary creature. got it.

They should change it to a sexual predator. ( Wrong thread BTW)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Damn. I mean….just….damn. Let’s trust politicians with these matters. Screw scientists.

I’d say the world has gone stupid but I think the stupid just spreads faster thanks to Facebook.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to give myself a shot once a week. I don't know why but sometimes when I pull the needle out a good chunk of the medication come squirting back out. I assume I hit a bit of non-permeable bit of muscle or scar tissue.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I like it when you get an I.V. injection of refrigerated medication and for a brief moment you can feel the cold fluid pumping through your body.
IDK, I tell them I'm nervous and need extra medication. Then I can't feel a thing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When I had to get rabies shots, the Dr. made several injections around the wound site, followed by a round in each butt cheek and a few in other places. Then I get to return to the hospital over the course of a few weeks for more shots.

When I had gout I had to get my blood tested for uric acid levels regularly for about 10 years.

I am still not over needles. Goddam things give me the willies and my instinct is to run away screaming like a scared little kid. But do what I have to.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ok, so advice about how long I need to quarantine is requested.

I'm thinking of going to France (from Canada) to stay with my mom while she undergoes surgery. I'm double vaxxed. Canada doesn't require that I quarantine when I get home. That said, I don't want to run the risk of exposing my unvaxxed kids (they're too young still) to the delta variant. I figure I would rent an air BNB for the incubation phase once I get home, then get another test. Only after that would I reintegrate my home. But I don't know how long that should be. 5 days? A week?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I'm thinking of going to France (from Canada) to stay with my mom while she undergoes surgery. I'm double vaxxed. Canada doesn't require that I quarantine when I get home. That said, I don't want to run the risk of exposing my unvaxxed kids (they're too young still) to the delta variant. I figure I would rent an air BNB for the incubation phase once I get home, then get another test. Only after that would I reintegrate my home. But I don't know how long that should be. 5 days? A week?
Lata I checked CDC and most of the science believing word said 10 days without a test. So 5 days with a test day 3?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

To get into NZ you would need to:
- be vaxxed
- show a clean test from within 72 hours of departure
- go into hotel quarantine (managed isolation) on arrival
- pass a test taken on day five, if clear wait to day 14. You may often be tested on day 12 too.

14 days without contact whilst being asymptomatic is pretty much the gold standard still to be serious about things.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I've similar concerns with my dad likely needing a hip replacement. But it's the near 12 hours on the germ tube over the Atlantic which will be tough. The only flights I've done since March 2020 I sat with my N95 on for 4+ hours. Not sure I can do that for 12...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've similar concerns with my dad likely needing a hip replacement. But it's the near 12 hours on the germ tube over the Atlantic which will be tough. The only flights I've done since March 2020 I sat with my N95 on for 4+ hours. Not sure I can do that for 12...
My Gpa is 90+ and likes in Devon. My mom hasn't been able to go home in almost 3yrs. His health is slipping and they still aren't sure whether or not they can go. My Dad definitely can't, because he's not vaccinated. She's going to have to be in quarantine, by herself, for 2 weeks there. So she'll likely stay for a full month outside of quarantine. Then 10 days back here, because my dad isn't vaccinated. It's a fucking 2 month process, largely BECAUSE my dad isn't vaccinated.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I work with fucking idiots

Folks are raising a stink that starting next week Nursing facilities will require proof of vaccination or a recent negative covid test to enter the premises. Fucking get the stick and get the card or go get your ass tested once a week

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Friend texted me last night that one of her friends has an anti-vax roommate. Turns out the anti-vax roommate needed to go to the hospital and can no longer breathe without assistance. Not surprisingly, now there is regret about not getting vaccinated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend texted me last night that one of her friends has an anti-vax roommate. Turns out the anti-vax roommate needed to go to the hospital and can no longer breathe without assistance. Not surprisingly, now there is regret about not getting vaccinated.
Sounds like the vaccinated roommates weren't shedding enough virus proteins. Selfish bastards.