Quantcast

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Don't call the cops unless you are dying. I think as a general rule, a lot of folks either don't know the non emergency number for their location or just don't understand when to call 911.

The phrases ‘Nobody is coming, it’s up to us’ and ‘calm is contagious’ come to mind.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
LOL my Hipster Nephew just messaged me that I need to get a twitter account so I can get all the latest good info on Covid 19. I texted back. You do know I am the infection control officer for an ambulance company and part of the County Covid 19 EMS response planning group...so no to twitter facepalm

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LOL my Hipster Nephew just messaged me that I need to get a twitter account so I can get all the latest good info on Covid 19. I texted back. You do know I am the infection control officer for an ambulance company and part of the County Covid 19 EMS response planning group...so no to twitter facepalm
Give him a kidney punch after this all blows over

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I just had a thought...This Country’s response is just the logical conclusion when we “drown the government in the bathtub”. Grover finally found a simpleton to put his ideas into effect, and look where we are...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Wifey just texted me that she and Hannah both have temps and coughs. Hannah is breathing really heavily after having a runny nose for the last week. Looking back, she was in the hospital when she was really young because of resperatory issues. Guess she should be on the higher concern list, now that I think about it.

I feel fine, but I never get sick unless it's food poisoning. Haley said she felt fine this morning as well. @Toshi thoughts? Make the call?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And... Wifey just texted me that she and Hannah both have temps and coughs. Hannah is breathing really heavily after having a runny nose for the last week. Looking back, she was in the hospital when she was really young because of resperatory issues. Guess she should be on the higher concern list, now that I think about it.

I feel fine, but I never get sick unless it's food poisoning. Haley said she felt fine this morning as well. @Toshi thoughts? Make the call?
Cal your PCP and ask. Runny nose is suggestive against it but the symptoms are so nonspecific.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It will do nothing. If there is one thing the U.S. is good at is dismissing shit like this as soon as it subsides.
On one side yes they are on the other it's the first pandemic in ages to actually reach the states. Swine Flu was big but not this big. This is the first time people are really afraid for their health/lives and they that they would have to pay for stuff the whole world gets for free.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Beyond basic administrative purposes their role should be minimal. The desire of some to turn this country into a giant HOA boggles my mind.
I am only watching the story unfold from a distance, but CZ shut down the borders are a precaution, which was immediately criticized by the EU bitch-in-chief as a step violating the spirit of free movement inside the EU.
I hope she uses her freedoms and travels to Lombardy to help the sick and elderly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Heard of the first beer distributor closing, not long before more follow suit. Decided to brave it and got 2 more cases. Also swing by home Depot for 2 propane tank exchanges and some water softener salt. Much less crowded than usual for a spring Saturday, but still kept my distance as much as possible. Grocery stores still mobbed. Clothes I wore out were removed promptly upon returning home for laundering.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am only watching the story unfold from a distance, but CZ shut down the borders are a precaution, which was immediately criticized by the EU bitch-in-chief as a step violating the spirit of free movement inside the EU.
I hope she uses her freedoms and travels to Lombardy to help the sick and elderly.
Closing the border does exactly what? The virus is already in all countries, some are just quicker with testing than others. The US also doesn't close the borders between e.g. Washington and Oregon.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looks dangerous. Where can I get "infected"? :brows:

Tinder is getting interesting.
View attachment 142001
Is that a dude? NTTAWWT

Closing the border does exactly what? The virus is already in all countries, some are just quicker with testing than others. The US also doesn't close the borders between e.g. Washington and Oregon.
In the US, the POTUS does not tell individual states what to do either. They do all they can to slow down the initial onslaught. New hot spots started by a fresh batch of careless sick travelers won't make things exactly easier for anyone.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
New hot spots started by a fresh batch of careless sick travelers won't make things exactly easier for anyone.
That ship has long sailed. It would have been effective in January but not now anymore. You need to quarantine the hotspots and not waste time at the border.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You need to do both.
That ship has long sailed. It would have been effective in January but not now anymore. You need to quarantine the hotspots and not waste time at the border.
I’d like to see both.
what good is localized quarantine if some rando can just enter?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No time is wasted there, military handles the few ports of entry just fine. Citizens are allowed in, tracked and put in quarantine. People are discouraged to travel abroad. Foreigners are turned around.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
By the way, I am expecting similar measures to be adopted at the interstates here in the US once the death numbers in the populous coastal states explode. You might say too late but at the same time, the number of people compelled to leave will increase by two orders of magnitude the moment the hell begins.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I think it makes some sense. Up here we have 21 cases, all came back from abroad.