Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
NYC is stupiding pretty hard. Mask mandate at schools was dropped, but the man-child says most kids have been keeping them on in class and in the halls. He's in a big school, too, +3k kids.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So my "cOvID iS A FrAuD" step mother just tested positive and is rather sick. She is vaccinated per my fathers request however she is currently in the same house as my father who is undergoing cancer treatment and has been in and out of the hospital with an array of bacterial infections recently due to his compromised immune system.

How could my step mother catch covid? Singing in a church choir.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So my "cOvID iS A FrAuD" step mother just tested positive and is rather sick. She is vaccinated per my fathers request however she is currently in the same house as my father who is undergoing cancer treatment and has been in and out of the hospital with an array of bacterial infections recently due to his compromised immune system.

Don't worry, man... Jesus will save her.

Or something.

:disgust:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:thumbsdown:

That sucks, dude. Sorry.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interested to see what happens when we sanction all imports from China if they help supply the Ruskies.

I read that XI has already made a statement that they would not be providing any material support to the Russian military. He is trying to expand his customer base not shrink it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read that XI has already made a statement that they would not be providing any material support to the Russian military. He is trying to expand his customer base not shrink it.
yea, i get the impression he's gonna sit this one out, then once the dust settles they (china) will start buying resources from rus (oil, raw materials, alu/steel, grains, etc) at fire sale prices.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Great, I am a close contact. Whole family is actually, the people we stayed with at the weekend’s kid got a positive test yesterday. He was complaining of a sore throat on Sunday. :twitch: Time to see if these vaccines work I guess.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Great, I am a close contact. Whole family is actually, the people we stayed with at the weekend’s kid got a positive test yesterday. He was complaining of a sore throat on Sunday. :twitch: Time to see if these vaccines work I guess.
If it is Omicron then the vaccine is not really working for stopping infection, but the illness will be less severe. At least that is what happened here with my colleagues. Fingers crossed you and your family did not contract it!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wow. Your government is beyond fucked.

Some particularly braindead outcomes:

…The White House said it will have to cut back shipments of monoclonal antibody treatments to states by 30% next week…

…Research into next-generation COVID-19 vaccines will be curbed, and some surveillance for new variants will also be stopped, the White House said. The administration also will need to limit its push to help poorer countries vaccinate people.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have no idea honestly, although our Omicron is peaking (peaked in the north, peaking now down here) and just today we announced our borders are opening to international tourism again really soon so one may expect a bit of a release of pent up demand in the next few months.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's pretty evident that people in Vermont are ceasing to wear masks.
our schools are now mask optional. most students are not wearing them. we're still having our kids wear them, although the other day the teacher posted a photo in which my son was very clearly not wearing his. so we had a nice long talk about that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve been back to my gym in recent times. I generally hang out in the cardio area in off hours so there’s not much interaction there. I’m still training with a cloth mask on. Yesterday I hit the weight room with a KN95. Man, I saw about 4 masks across the dozens of faces in there. It was uncomfortable, but I risked it based on the KN95, the current case rate in LA County, and the thought that “exposure” is generally thought to be 15 minutes, which is far longer than the time I spent by any one person.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
our schools are now mask optional. most students are not wearing them. we're still having our kids wear them, although the other day the teacher posted a photo in which my son was very clearly not wearing his. so we had a nice long talk about that.
Just had a talk with my eldest about that too. Monday will be the first day of "mask-optional" in our schools too. I told him I'd like him to wear a mask for at least the next three weeks - post March break, and to see how community transmission levels evolve. He seemed on board with it. I said to stay away from people not wearing a mask, but not to make fun of them. Just avoid them. He's pretty much a loner anyways, so I don't think it will be tough for him to stay away from others!

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey Monkey’s, I need a check on my thought’s about Covid right now. I have not seen my Son,nor the Wife since it all started. He won’t take a shot and does not believe in it. I will not allow a visit due to the wife and her health conditions.

I am confused?

If you have taken the shots,and you can still get sick,what is the difference? IE,if my Son Had taken the shots,would it be any different if he got sick and gave it to my Wife? Or,would it be to a lesser degree? Does this make sense to you?
Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey Monkey’s, I need a check on my thought’s about Covid right now. I have not seen my Son,nor the Wife since it all started. He won’t take a shot and does not believe in it. I will not allow a visit due to the wife and her health conditions.

I am confused?

If you have taken the shots,and you can still get sick,what is the difference? IE,if my Son Had taken the shots,would it be any different if he got sick and gave it to my Wife? Or,would it be to a lesser degree? Does this make sense to you?
Avy
Being vaccinated means you yourself are less likely to be impacted by severe symptoms if you catch COVID than if you weren't vaccinated.

If you pass the virus on to someone else their personal impact is governed by their immune system/vaccination status.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I am confused?

Avy

Based on local data where I live the difference between being vaccinated and not vaccinated

1/3 as likely to catch Covid
1/12 as likely to get hospitalized because of Covid
1/30 as likely to die from Covid.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Avy, when you are vaxxed, for the same infection you will comparatively have a lower viral load at all times so:

- Illness is shorter
- Not as severe
- Less time when you are contagious
- Much less likely to have a severe infection.