4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They have given the shelter in place and closing of non-essential businesses...but the city has also decided that bike shops are essential businesses for their repair functions! Woohoo!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for those of you in shelter in place areas.....how is it being enforced or is it just a load of horseshit?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
for those of you in shelter in place areas.....how is it being enforced or is it just a load of horseshit?
I'm in San Francisco. No real enforcement yet that I've experienced or heard of, at least not in the sense of handing out tickets or having checkpoints, etc. However, they're starting to shut down public parks and beaches after seeing big crowds the last few days, and I've heard that certain businesses are being shut down if they don't do so voluntarily. People are largely self-policing and staring to wave fingers at others who are not complying but so far that's about it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm in San Francisco. No real enforcement yet that I've experienced or heard of, at least not in the sense of handing out tickets or having checkpoints, etc. However, they're starting to shut down public parks and beaches after seeing big crowds the last few days, and I've heard that certain businesses are being shut down if they don't do so voluntarily. People are largely self-policing and staring to wave fingers at others who are not complying but so far that's about it.
Can you still pee in public?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
In my hood, strictly enforced. Neighbors will take a picture of you jaywalking and call the cops on you, or post them on fb to make you look like an ass.
Last time I read, there were over one thousand people taken to police stations for non compliance over the last week.

Thing is, covid19 is seen as a "rich people disease", since most infected ones are people coming from european vacations, usually in the most affluent hoods.

In the outskirts of the city, or smaller towns? Pretty much not at all, as its still seen as a distant threat, plus most people living day to day cant afford to be out of work for 2 weeks, or buy groceries for weeks at a time.
Sad situation.

They are building a 3000 bed hospital as of now, and have placed all (public, private and military) ventilators for public use, so we are up to 975 from the 250 originally in place.

Shit is going to hit like a train in the developing world, plus winter starts in 2 months.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
In my hood, strictly enforced. Neighbors will take a picture of you jaywalking and call the cops on you, or post them on fb to make you look like an ass.
Last time I read, there were over one thousand people taken to police stations for non compliance over the last week.

Thing is, covid19 is seen as a "rich people disease", since most infected ones are people coming from european vacations, usually in the most affluent hoods.

In the outskirts of the city, or smaller towns? Pretty much not at all, as its still seen as a distant threat, plus most people living day to day cant afford to be out of work for 2 weeks, or buy groceries for weeks at a time.
Sad situation.

They are building a 3000 bed hospital as of now, and have placed all (public, private and military) ventilators for public use, so we are up to 975 from the 250 originally in place.

Shit is going to hit like a train in the developing world, plus winter starts in 2 months.
I heard there were ~15 cases in Huancayo...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As we are still in exponential growth, and with a 3 week latency from contraction to death and 5 days for diagnosis, we can probably expect about 8,500 total dead in the next 16 days.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
NZ hit 100 positive tests yesterday (zero deaths so far) so tomorrow the whole country goes into lockdown for 4 weeks minimum.
Go home, stay home.
Government is giving a grant that covers about 60% of the shops wage bill, I've asked the council who are my landlords for the shop if I can have a rent holiday due to zero cashflow for the next month but no reply as yet.

tekin112000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
Gov Hogan has ordered non essential businesses in Maryland to close at 5PM

Good thing liquor stores are listed as essential

Priorities, priorities my man