Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sounds serious!

Well you're ahead of me, I haven't even started drinking yet.

Do you even know what I was referencing in that case? You know what the arson was? (hint, not privately owned windows)

Bundy's occupying a public facility to get attention for something completely unrelated doesn't really hold a candle to a situation with people dying at the hands of public officials. When are you going to get this?

And more importantly when are you going to realize that "both sides!!" is not a position?

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Looks like sunglasses
Seems reasonable.
Probably no chance a guy with felony weapons charges, a history of domestic abuse and an active warrant would have a knife, even if he admitted as much to the cops before he fought them off and tried to leave in defiance of their commands.

1598533204802.png

1598533233589.png

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Well you're ahead of me, I haven't even started drinking yet.

Do you even know what I was referencing in that case? You know what the arson was? (hint, not privately owned windows)

Bundy's occupying a public facility to get attention for something completely unrelated doesn't really hold a candle to a situation with people dying at the hands of public officials. When are you going to get this?

And more importantly when are you going to realize that "both sides!!" is not a position?
A man died there at the hands of public officials.
For burning land.
Yet setting fire to Federal buildings with people inside is OK with you.

Willful ignorance from a presumption of moral superiority is also not a position.
By your logic of some cops bad = all cops bad you must also agree with the logic that all muslims are terrorists, right?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
For burning land.
Yet setting fire to Federal buildings with people inside is OK with you.

Willful ignorance from a presumption of moral superiority is also not a position.
By your logic of some cops bad = all cops bad you must also agree with the logic that all muslims are terrorists, right?
They're all internet tough guys, until faced with someone breaking into their homes, attacking their loved ones, or vandalizing & theft of their own homes. Call it a hunch, but after cleaning up the feces in their panties they'd be calling......... I'm going to say it! The police:panic: Kev, good to know its justified to throw a molotov cocktail through someones window if you claim its for social injustice. Does this apply to innocent residential and rural areas too or just urban businesses? Just asking for a friend?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Seems reasonable.
Probably no chance a guy with felony weapons charges, a history of domestic abuse and an active warrant would have a knife, even if he admitted as much to the cops before he fought them off and tried to leave in defiance of their commands.

View attachment 149094
View attachment 149095
Knife or sunglasses, it almost doesn't even matter, I still question whether shooting anyone in that situation could be considered reasonable and justified. Use of deadly force is allowed in a situation where the officer "reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others."

So who is at risk of injury or death at that point? When do you, as an officer, maintain your distance and see how it plays out? Did the situation really require such immediate and forceful intervention? Is resisting arrest and not following orders, regardless of his priors, justification for escalating the response?

I don't have any definitive answers, just apprehension that the situation was handled appropriately. Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems we should expect a more credible threat before accepting that killing a person was the last and only response.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
White kid that showed up to shoot people and did has been arrested for homicide.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They're all internet tough guys, until faced with someone breaking into their homes, attacking their loved ones, or vandalizing & theft of their own homes. Call it a hunch, but after cleaning up the feces in their panties they'd be calling......... I'm going to say it! The police:panic: Kev, good to know its justified to throw a molotov cocktail through someones window if you claim its for social injustice. Does this apply to innocent residential and rural areas too or just urban businesses? Just asking for a friend?
Hey einstein, you know I pinned down two people breaking into my truck in my driveway right?

You project well.

I only asked someone to call 911 one when I realized one of them was a minor and I was worried about my own bad self getting arrested.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
For burning land.
Look dude if you're going to make up false equivalencies about what you THINK I said, do your damn homework first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammond_arson_case

I'll also point out that in this very thread, I linked and posted multiple times about some of the information that came out from the repeal of SB50 in new york, where they were able to prove about 9% of the NYPD were the real violent, repeat assholes. I'M THE ONE THAT POSTED THAT.

But what I've also said over and over and over again is that it's the system that needs reforming because the other 91% and the union guidos are all standing up for them.

You think you're somehow 'catching me' in a contradiction because you're too lazy to read.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Seems reasonable.

View attachment 149094
View attachment 149095

Well damn!

Better make it 8 shots in the back then.

Preferably in his sleep when he's really coming right for them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Knife or sunglasses, it almost doesn't even matter, I still question whether shooting anyone in that situation could be considered reasonable and justified. Use of deadly force is allowed in a situation where the officer "reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others."

So who is at risk of injury or death at that point? When do you, as an officer, maintain your distance and see how it plays out? Did the situation really require such immediate and forceful intervention? Is resisting arrest and not following orders, regardless of his priors, justification for escalating the response?

I don't have any definitive answers, just apprehension that the situation was handled appropriately. Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems we should expect a more credible threat before accepting that killing a person was the last and only response.
Agreed but it wasn’t the innocent scene originally presented for judgement against the cops.

Cops were called to respond to his presence presumably violating a restraining order related to his domestic abuse.

He had active warrant for his arrest.

He fought off 4 officers, ignored their commands and was unfazed by a taser.

There was a weapon present at some point.

Whether he turned it on the shooting officer is unclear and is the sole determining factor of whether lethal force can be justified.

I know this to be true because I stayed up all night watching TJ Hooker.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Hey einstein, you know I pinned down two people breaking into my truck in my driveway right?

You project well.
They probably just needed bread to feed their families. Your trucks insured so what’s the big deal?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Weird how someones questionable past only seems to apply to victims of police violence, but never the officers themselves.

What’s questionable re the Blake officers past? I haven’t heard anything about him beyond fact his 7 years on the force.

Chauvin’s been properly eviscerated over his past.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Only a preemptive nuke strike could have prevented this. Broken windows policing indeed.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That's the point he's making.

You're able to easily find on social media those pics you posted about blake, his past, and past photos but the same isn't happening (or you're not looking for it) regarding the cop.
You’re assuming there’s something to find.
Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t.

We know everything about the kid, despite him being a minor.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You’re assuming there’s something to find.
Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t.

We know everything about the kid, despite him being a minor.
I'm not assuming anything. I'm clarifying his post (and so are you, you just seem to don't realize it) that this ALWAYS happens when a cop kills a black guy. Background info is always readily addressed with the guy killed, but only rarely, and in only the most high profile cases like chauvin is similar info on the cop as widespread.

The people doing this are only interested in proving what amounts to 'he deserved it because thug yo'

If the cop has an exemplary record, dig that up too.

"You aren't seeing it" for a reason. And it's not just that cop is jesus.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
random thoughts

That 17 yo kid is going to get the BOOK thrown at him as a deterrent for others. Maybe they can argue he was threatened by the guy with pistol, but that was after he already acted (I believe) as the aggressor by the FIRST shooting. I'd bet he's going to prison effectively for the rest of his life.

I can't imagine how the cop Sheskey gets away without serious charges too, aggravated assault at best.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
random thoughts

That 17 yo kid is going to get the BOOK thrown at him as a deterrent for others. Maybe they can argue he was threatened by the guy with pistol, but that was after he already acted (I believe) as the aggressor by the FIRST shooting. I'd bet he's going to prison effectively for the rest of his life.

I can't imagine how the cop Sheskey gets away without serious charges too, aggravated assault at best.
Is he though?

The "good kid who got mixed up" arguments I can hear now.

Should I point out that he gets the luxury of a trial while a black guy or just someone from "the other side" would have been gunned down approaching cop vehicles, ignoring orders to stop, and carrying a rifle like that?

He wasn't arrested in Kenosha, you know. They just let him drive back home and didn't arrest him until the next day after all the videos.

There are hundreds of cases where cops get off in cases like this, many documented through the life of this thread. I do hope things change. But there's very little to see of evidence right now. Amber Guyger is about the only high profile one I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others but it's not just the killings that people are protesting over. The lack of accountability is actually most of it.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Let's compare and contrast

Police arrive from a complaint about two women arguing/fighting, no reports of a weapon
Unarmed black man gets shot in the back 7 times getting back into his car
I will play devils advocate and assume the cops thought he may be reaching for a weapon although there have been no reports that there was a weapon or that the police saw it.

A few days later
After three people were shot, two killed, a clearly armed white man walks towards police as they respond to a SHOOTING presumably to surrender, the police ignore him and he drives home.

And now while paralyzed and unable to walk, they've handcuffed him to the hospital bed even though he's not been charged with anything.