Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Is he though?

The "good kid who got mixed up" arguments I can hear now.

Should I point out that he gets the luxury of a trial while a black guy or just someone from "the other side" would have been gunned down approaching cop vehicles, ignoring orders to stop, and carrying a rifle like that?

He wasn't arrested in Kenosha, you know. They just let him drive back home and didn't arrest him until the next day after all the videos.

There are hundreds of cases where cops get off in cases like this, many documented through the life of this thread. I do hope things change. But there's very little to see of evidence right now. Amber Guyger is about the only high profile one I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others but it's not just the killings that people are protesting over. The lack of accountability is actually most of it.
They have to throw the book at him. If not it gives a certain group of peeps prelude to riot, loot & vandalize.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah theoretically that would apply to cops too and that hasn't happened in 120 years.

Which is why this keeps happening.

I'll say it again: the kid is alive, freely walked past multiple cops while carrying the rifle he just shot 3 people with, ignoring orders from those cops to stop multiple times, was allowed to leave town and drive home.

History gives no indication whatsoever that the court system is any different than the cop system. We have our favorites and suburban white kid is one of them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Question for some of you: when in your life do you ever remember seeing so many cops, so many nights, in so many cities amassed like this? I mean its been hundreds upon hundreds individually in some of these towns.

Yet some of you are lamenting the property damage so lets look at that.

With so many cops around 'serving and protecting™' how is all that property damage still happening?

Because the cops are concerned with kettling, corralling and beating the shit out of people who would otherwise just be standing there yelling and chanting. They are literally more concerned with a show of force over curfews than protecting those properties. See the Kenosha courthouse burned up? Nope. So they can do it, they're just not.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
No one died bru

It was two teenage kids just stealing shit.

Keep trying though. Just by odds, you've got to hit on something one of these days right?
Seems like from previous posts you condone this type of activity. So with the current events going on, it would, "now" be justified to break into your truck to steal shit? I guess the times according to you is right? The Floyd incident happened in Minneapolis, however Portland & Seattle was hit pretty hard 1500 +/- miles away. So I guess Tahoe can technically work too. So, why call 911 if you're anti PoPo? ALL PoPo bad in Kevin's eyes, right? You should have just let them go with whatever they wanted, your insurance would have covered the stolen items, so no biggie. Then again, kinda different when its your shit that's being fucked with, why should it be different for an innocent business owner?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Seems like from previous posts you condone this type of activity.
They weren't protesting civil injustice, they were tryna get my mp3 player you dolt :rofl:

Brian, you really do seem pretty incapable of understanding the difference between me tackling someone who I caught breaking into my shit and me saying "I understand people wanting to blow shit up to make people pay attention to systemic injustice"

Besides, you mentioned that we'd all be crapping in our pants calling the cops when someone shows up to make crime and I'm one of the few people you probably know who has a case that I can reference where I actually did not do that and handled it myself. You're also relying on something provably untrue to put words in my mouth here.

No I do not support people just randomly stealing shit from other people. What I understand however is lashing out at a system, a city, and a structure that is built to deny, marginalize, and unaccountably kill a sect of american citizens. Do you understand the difference?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yeah theoretically that would apply to cops too and that hasn't happened in 120 years.

Which is why this keeps happening.

I'll say it again: the kid is alive, freely walked past multiple cops while carrying the rifle he just shot 3 people with, ignoring orders from those cops to stop multiple times, was allowed to leave town and drive home.

History gives no indication whatsoever that the court system is any different than the cop system. We have our favorites and suburban white kid is one of them.
I am no way denying there aren't bad cops out there, there are some. However, there are way more good, than bad. Like I've said before, I you ever have an opportunity to ride along with a police officer, do it. Especially in a low income urban area. You may gain a little more respect in what they face on a day to day basis. My dad had his business in the heart of downtown Oakland. Working there while in high school during the summers, I got to know some of the local beat cops. I did go on a few ride alongs with them, they see and deal with some crazy scary shit, and that was 35+ years ago.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I am no way denying there aren't bad cops out there, there are some.
So what are you going to do about it? Make more mommy jokes?

you ever have an opportunity to ride along with a police officer, do it.
Multiple times. Mostly after being tackled for assaulting a defenseless curb with my skateboard trucks in an empty shopping center at 10pm.

Our middle school did that in baltimore. It's one of many one on one interactions I've had with cops that makes me say that they are all bastards. The shit that comes out of their mouths when they think no one is listening......or that the 'kid in the back' doesn't understand what's being said. I'd wager to guess I've had 10 times the number of interactions with cops that you have across multiple states. "There's real crime in Oakland" is not a revelation. To anyone.

Yes we need a policing system. Obviously. Just not this one.

An inlaw of a good buddy of mine is a Nevada state trooper in reno. My buddy asked him a few weeks ago how he was handling this. His answer was that he was quitting because the job 'just wasn't fun any more'. Let's all quit our jobs that we took because we thought it was 'fun'. This system is rotten to its core, and it is precisely my experience with cops that defines that opinion.

Just look at the two cops that post on this site. One was loading up his rifle because he read on facebook that antifa was coming to his town. That's not just shit information, it's poor judgement, coupled with a propensity for shooting. In Idaho, the whitest place on earth.

The other one used to post 'uppity black' experiences he had all the time just to prove that the blacks deserved what they got.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
They weren't protesting civil injustice, they were tryna get my mp3 player you dolt :rofl:

Brian, you really do seem pretty incapable of understanding the difference between me tackling someone who I caught breaking into my shit and me saying "I understand people wanting to blow shit up to make people pay attention to systemic injustice"

Besides, you mentioned that we'd all be crapping in our pants calling the cops when someone shows up to make crime and I'm one of the few people you probably know who has a case that I can reference where I actually did not do that and handled it myself. You're also relying on something provably untrue to put words in my mouth here.

No I do not support people just randomly stealing shit from other people. What I understand however is lashing out at a system, a city, and a structure that is built to deny, marginalize, and unaccountably kill a sect of american citizens. Do you understand the difference?
But what do innocent business owners have to do with it? City blocks are being destroyed. Many NON government, but privately owned properties. How is it justified a local small grocery store owner, in a low income urban area that helps the community deserve that? Problem is, it's spilling out to innocent people. It's not solving anything, just further dividing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Question for some of you: when in your life do you ever remember seeing so many cops, so many nights, in so many cities amassed like this? I mean its been hundreds upon hundreds individually in some of these towns.

With so many cops around 'serving and protecting™' how is all that property damage still happening?

Because the cops are concerned with kettling, corralling and beating the shit out of people who would otherwise just be standing there yelling and chanting. They are literally more concerned with a show of force over curfews than protecting those properties. See the Kenosha courthouse burned up? Nope. So they can do it, they're just not.
The police in the next city over refused to protect property or stop looters during the first round of Covid/BLM protests. That was their official policy. I grew quite concerned about this as the protestors targeted my neighborhood. Took a bunch of tools and stuff home just in case. Nothing happened, other than several hundred marchers chanting. Come to find out that the majority of the vandalism at other locations was not caused by peaceful protestors but by a small number of outside agitators from both the far Right and far Left.

As a business owner with a physical location accessible to the public I get a little annoyed with the armchair pundits who blather on about protecting property they have nothing to do with. I've poured 19+ years into this Art District going as far back as 1995. If you didn't bust your ass building my shit then shut the fuck up about protecting property. Mind ya bidness !*

And to the large numbers of cops question; there is an national event held here that draws thousands of educated, affluent black people to downtown for a weekend. Hotels are booked, restaurants and bars packed, and tons of foot traffic spending a whole lot of money. There are no less than six cops on every corner all over downtown. An embarrassingly large police presence to behold.

A much smaller biker rally is also held here. There are a handful of local Hell's Angels and they far outnumber the police.

Another national event that draws mostly white people, but mixed brings in another set of thousands of visitors. Again, almost no additional police.

*not directed at any one in particular, really

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

:rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Since I feel the need to state things plainly so that there's no ambiguity: Individually owned business getting destroyed sucks.

However, it's been proven in many cases (I'd say majority) that this is often a mixture of people out of town of pale complexion, a very signficant portion of boogaloo motherfuckers trying to start a race war, and not actually people protesting alongside black lives matter people.

The racism in this country has existed since even before it was a country. It's still here, and still given a profession in policing. Things need to change and revolutions are not tidy. But the longer you (and I) ignore it, the longer it's just going to keep on happening. Let society make you genuinely fear for your life, for your entire life, and see what actions you would take.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The police in the next city over refused to protect property or stop looters during the first round of Covid/BLM protests. That was their official policy. I grew quite concerned about this as the protestors targeted my neighborhood. Took a bunch of tools and stuff home just in case. Nothing happened, other than several hundred marchers chanting. Come to find out that the majority of the vandalism at other locations was not caused by peaceful protestors but by a small number of outside agitators from both the far Right and far Left.

As a business owner with a physical location accessible to the public I get a little annoyed with the armchair pundits who blather on about protecting property they have nothing to do with. I've poured 19+ years into this Art District going as far back as 1995. If you didn't bust your ass building my shit then shut the fuck up about protecting property. Mind ya bidness !*

And to the large numbers of cops question; there is an national event held here that draws thousands of educated, affluent black people to downtown for a weekend. Hotels are booked, restaurants and bars packed, and tons of foot traffic spending a whole lot of money. There are no less than six cops on every corner all over downtown. An embarrassingly large police presence to behold.

A much smaller biker rally is also held here. There are a handful of local Hell's Angels and they far outnumber the police.

Another national event that draws mostly white people, but mixed brings in another set of thousands of visitors. Again, almost no additional police.

*not directed at any one in particular, really

It's a bit hearsay-y but this guy is (allegedly) is a bbc reporter.

I'm not sure I'd have the fortitude. It strikes me that it might take a brown skinned forner in america to prioritize justice over property I guess (not saying that's what you're doing or not doing, just noting)

This is why I keep saying I can't go to protests. I'm too selfish. I'd be the white guy breaking shit because I despise cities that keep shitty cops around.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The Police at these protests are just counter protesting. They are not there to protect or serve, they are there to make sure everyone understands that they are going to do what they want and if you don't like enjoy a rubber bullet in the face.

Hell cops were caught slashing tires at protests, they were just as guilty in destruction of property. And they certainly didn't hold themselves accountable.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys remember the "Satanic Panic" back in the 80s? Back when terrified suburban housewives thought Iron Maiden and Dungeons and Dragons was subverting American youth into things like hardcore drug use and infanticide?

That's ANTIFA, now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
church lady remembers!!

In 20 years Brian will just say he was always on the side of protesters if this results in meaningful change that becomes part of a societal recognition that this is was a fucked up period in policing.

Anyone finding themselves starting a sentence with "I don't understand why they can't just...." needs to just stop at the first 3 words.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
As a business owner with a physical location accessible to the public I get a little annoyed with the armchair pundits who blather on about protecting property they have nothing to do with. I've poured 19+ years into this Art District going as far back as 1995. If you didn't bust your ass building my shit then shut the fuck up about protecting property. Mind ya bidness !
As a business owner with a storefront do you have empathy for those businesses effected by the looting?
For the employees that no longer have a job to go to?

Business owners or not, this is the reality that effects us all.

“There’s no doubt it’s playing into Trump’s hands,” said Paul Soglin, who served as mayor of Madison, on and off, for more than two decades. “There’s a significant number of undecided voters who are not ideological, and they can move very easily from Republican to the Democratic column and back again. They are, in effect, the people who decide elections. And they are very distraught about both the horrendous carnage created by police officers in murdering African Americans, and ... for the safety of their communities.”

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Keep in mind, there are people who own the buildings that business rent. So some "do" have some form of skin in the game. A business gets destroyed where that tenant is paying rent. Right there 2 groups lose.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Keep in mind, there are people who own the buildings that business rent. So some "do" have some form of skin in the game. A business gets destroyed where that tenant is paying rent. Right there 2 groups lose.
Round these here parts it's mostly down to family trust funds and investment firm landlords. It's gotten weird.

But I can think of some people who lost biglier. Usually right before these types of demonstrations. An irreplaceable loss you might say.

Last edited: