Quantcast

Les Gets 2022 - World Champs!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
WTF am I reading? Subtitles for the blind?

@6thElement You do realise you could open an instagram account under any email address, set your account to private and just use it for viewing pics and video clips of folk/companies you're genuinely interested in? Lizards got you already anyway.

and how the fuck is a gap into a berm any worse an idea than a gap into rocks?
The amount of complaining about courses here these days has become beyond ridiculous

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There must be something odd about the gap or corner though. How many people have been injured on it or launched right out of it?

I'm not saying take it out, but maybe folks need go into it a bit more cautiously.

Jackson made it look easy, cutting the corner right out.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I just noticed this line at the bottom of the Redbull page:
"* Replay available one hour after the live event is over"

Does anyone recall if that's how it worked last year? I definitely watched a repeat, but can't remember if it was same day or a couple days later.

Jesus the list of countries is much shorter than last year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

@6thElement You do realise you could open an instagram account under any email address, set your account to private and just use it for viewing pics and video clips of folk/companies you're genuinely interested in? Lizards got you already anyway.

The amount of complaining about courses here these days has become beyond ridiculous

The downhill forum is pretty much 100% dedicated to complaining about bikes and trails, because apparently bikes and trails suck these days. Flow trails do suck but no one makes me ride them.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Watching the videos, high speed and pretty wide open this track makes me think Gwin could be a dark horse. The cool thing about worlds is the guys that aren't in it for the overall are gonna be leaving it all out there.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I just noticed this line at the bottom of the Redbull page:
"* Replay available one hour after the live event is over"

Does anyone recall if that's how it worked last year? I definitely watched a repeat, but can't remember if it was same day or a couple days later.

Further,will the replay be Geo Restricted or should I just get the ExpressVPN and then cancel. I would just wait for replay? Either way,I will see it. Go Gwin! And who was number 1 down the Hill?

Avy

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I can't access the 2021 replay in the US, but I swore I could last year. Maybe I'm wrong and didn't even watch it. That's happened before because of these inane hassles.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Flow trails do suck but no one makes me ride them.
Y'know... I'm not even sure what a flow trail even is.. If I had to take a guess I'd probably go with it being just yet another buzzword for something that already existed.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Think miniature golf for bikes
MOAR fun, Super cheap, easily accessible, less stupid rules and best of all no funky dressed stuck up twats trying as hard as possible to look professional?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Flow trails seem to be mainly smoother bob-sleigh runs usually with lots and lots of table-top jumps with a few step ups or step downs thrown in for good measure. A-Line etal may not be the most technical, but hardly simple.

Or am I missing something?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Gary,tome,this is The most Open Fast Track I have seen? It does look easier than any Track as well? However,when you put Mach 3 into the matter,what do I know? Thought’s?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
that slow motion quote from Warner has popped into my head a number of times now

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
really looking forward to seeing if Cami can pull it off.
Girl's unreal

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They're simply not going as fast or holding as much momentum as the guys.
similar story with Ft william motorway (but there's only 15 girls then so most can clear the jumps)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Oh ya fucker! I thought Blewitt was gonna front wheel case that last jump!

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Finally got a good connection. Moved to London, luv it here, guv'nah.

The sandy blow transition as the camera switches is absolute garbage.