Quantcast

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
Ahah, So, I applied for a job..

Drug testing, And im probably not gonna pass. So... anything I can do? if it helps, I only took 3 hits, and didnt ever really feel very different. The manager i talked to TOLD me to get some stuff that ended with 'sol' thats used for canning that would clean me out... but i dont know where/who to get it from. So... Am I SOL and should go back next month, or should I bite the bullet and do it anyway?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
McT said:

Drug testing, And im probably not gonna pass. So... anything I can do? if it helps, I only took 3 hits, and didnt ever really feel very different. The manager i talked to TOLD me to get some stuff that ended with 'sol' thats used for canning that would clean me out... but i dont know where/who to get it from. So... Am I SOL and should go back next month, or should I bite the bullet and do it anyway?
Been there, done that, and passed. But I did fail one once. If you only took 3 hits once, than I wouldn't worry.

Here is what you need to know.
#1 is that it all depends on the test. #2 is how much you smoke.
You will either be given a pass/fail style test (cheap) or one that measures the exact quantity (expensive). It all depends on how bad they want to catch people. Do you have any paperwork on it? If so, it will list the test to be performed. Type what is in the box into Google and you will get a ton of info. If it says something close to "GS/MS" or something like that, you are being given the stricter test. The problem with this is that the margin of error is 25%. The federally recommended cutoff is 50 ng/ml. Meaning that you need to score below a 37.5 to be cleared. But it is all up to the company.
Those drinks are a rip-off.
I am what you would call a "regular smoker". I knew it was coming and cut back about 99%. In the 8 days prior to the test, I took a couple of hits 4 days prior. Most people can pass a test 3-9 days after last smoking.

Basically, just drink tons of water. Take some creatine and B-complex vitamins. They will test the Crfeatine levels of your urine to determine the dilution. If it comes out that you are pissing water, they may declare the test "no good". Clear urine is another source of disqualification of the specimen. B-complex vitamins will turn it back yellow. 2 or 3 multi-vitamins are a good bet.

Be careful of the cleansing agents. In addition to being a waste of money. Many labs test for certain agents present in them. There are certain compounds that will destroy the THC-remnants. Labs are allowed to test for them.

Sorry I'm being so short but I'm in the middle of homework.

The moral to the story is "The solution to pollution is dilution."

Good luck!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
McT said:

I believe it stays in your system for 30 days or so.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I quit smoking when I was working at a company as a temp, and was hoping to be hired - they drug tested. Well, like 8 months went by and they showed no signs of hiring me, and my birthday rolled around, and I smoked up - big time. Two days later, they instituted a policy of drug testing temps across the board. Oops.

I had an appointment the next day. I went home and drank a ton of water all night long, and bought something called "Omni" that's supposedly guaranteed or your money back - it was available at my local headshop.

Whatever did it, I passed the test. Just remember, as Repack said, they're allowed to retest you if your urine is too clear (which indicates it's diluted).

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
Yeah, I was thinking it was 30 days too.

I dont know what kind of test their gonne give me, but I do know their gonna test me with something. I smoked about 9-10 days ago.. just 3 hits. Im guessing the test is going to be pretty cheap, seeing as im not trying to get hired anywhere thats really swanky.

Thanks for the help guys... im going to find some vitamins and water, then call this hiring lady back.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
McT said:
Thanks for the help guys... im going to find some vitamins and water, then call this hiring lady back.
Is there any chance that once you call her back you can stall? Like say that b/c you are unemployed you offered to go take care of you elderly aunt out of state or something? It can be a very effective tactic.

Have you ever been tested before? Normally the process involoves being overnighted the paperwork, then you have a deadline by which you need to be tested. Remember that waiting until the last day is not something that a "clean" person would do.

I would drink juice (Apple, Cranberry) over water. You'll piss more. And try to find some creatine. You body excretes it naturally and it is one indicator of hydratrion level. And give the sample mid-stream. And don't do it first thing in the morning.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just a little FYI for those looking for jobs... Kaiser Permanente does not drug test. Locations mainly on the west coast but some in Atlanta, Colorado, and Texas. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is looking for a job. They hire all kinds of people... IT, Medical, legal, finance, etc, etc...

Hope it helps.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Ciaran said:
Just thought I would bump the best thread ever back up to the top...

Oh man, I BROKE my GLASS! ACK! I am sooo bummed because she isn't even a year old. A nice thick two footer. She was sitting on my desk and I turned around in my chair and just caught her with my elbow and sent her to the floor. Fortunately only the glass base broke so the tube is still intact. I can use her, but I can't set her down.

Oh well, I guess it's time to go to the head shop.

ME TOO!

The good news is....it still looks and hits fine. That little magnifyer ball broke off, the only problem is it now feels like there is a carb on each side. I'm used to it but its a little confusing.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
Ok, so they didnt do a urine test. They tested my saliva. 'Get a bunch of spit on either side of your mouth, then stick this swab in there.' then she put it in a tiny plastic container, and in a bag that said 'Intercept' in one of those perscription drug looking bags.

oh... and their sending it to a lab... so its probably pretty good.

Some of the people i talked to said im screwed, while some said im clean... maybe im just screwed either way, eh?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't know what I am a bigger whore for... cool bike parts or cool glass from the head shop.

I am thinking that I might go for a ROOR for the next one. I also want to try the glass on glass fittings. Of course if I am going to spend that much I might as well get a vaporizor.

Say McT, what kind of job are you trying to get?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
llkoolkeg said:
What incredible prices. I don't ever buy, but I'd certainly reconsider it did I live near you! If you grow, it's what you know; if you buy, it's who you know.

I'm not a member of any such community because I no longer do such things. When I was into all of that, I was in college and not married. Such things are just not cool with a wife(who has never even tried it) and obviously, having kids forbids it. Why torture myself by hanging out in a bakery while on a low-carb diet, you know. :(
LL, i'm a bit confused. you don't smoke anymore, as inferred by yr comments that you don't buy and you don't grow?

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
McT said:
Ok, so they didnt do a urine test. They tested my saliva. 'Get a bunch of spit on either side of your mouth, then stick this swab in there.' then she put it in a tiny plastic container, and in a bag that said 'Intercept' in one of those perscription drug looking bags.

oh... and their sending it to a lab... so its probably pretty good.

Some of the people i talked to said im screwed, while some said im clean... maybe im just screwed either way, eh?
I read somewhere that the saliva tests can only detect if you smoked within the last 3-4 days. Not sure how true it is so you might wanna do some research on it.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml

down at the bottom it sais saliva tests can only detect back like 14hrs so idk. your probly safe if its been 9 days

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
you guys got any tips for drilling a vase to put a slide into? I bought a glass slide from the head shop and i tried drilling this real nice vase we had laying around but it shattered. Any ideas??

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
narlus said:
LL, i'm a bit confused. you don't smoke anymore, as inferred by yr comments that you don't buy and you don't grow?
Not with any regularity. I did so daily and to a science for almost 20 years, but had to give it up in 2000 when I got married. They wife's just not down with it(has never even tried it) and we certainly don't want it around the kids, so ever since, I only partake if a friend passes it to me at a party or show or ride. At this point in my life, it's just not worth the risk to possess. I don't regret toking as it is a part of who I am today and for that reason, will not get all my related tattoos lasered off to facilitate denial. Anyhow, you pick up a thing or two about a topic when you study it extensively at home and abroad for 20 years. :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
sugarbushrider1 said:
you guys got any tips for drilling a vase to put a slide into? I bought a glass slide from the head shop and i tried drilling this real nice vase we had laying around but it shattered. Any ideas??
You have to use a special drill bit designed for ceramics drilling.

Good advice on the testing, Repack. You saved me having to type it. :thumb:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
llkoolkeg said:
You have to use a special drill bit designed for ceramics drilling.

Good advice on the testing, Repack. You saved me having to type it. :thumb:
No problem! I was really worried about it. It was for a company that I have a prior history with and I didn't want to blow it. I spent a bunch of time researching it. Seems to have been worth it!

And I have heard that submerging the glass in water helps. Heat => shattering. The water should fix that. A friend of mine built a piece out of an Arizona tea bottle. Submerge & use the masonry bit and it should work.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
I got a glass bit from the hardwear store but its big and flat and it seems like it will just tear the vase apart. I had a pretty good sized hole but then the bit caught and it shattered the vase. Never thought of submerging... will that make this this thing work?? Maybe ill give it another try today..

WV Hippy

Chimp
May 20, 2004
For drilling in glass I recomend lot's of lubricant (I used WD-40), and slow bit speeds. Try to use a bit that grinds instead of cuts. Drill a very small pilot hole and work the hole larger. I made a hooka out of a Crown Royal bottle in college. One tube off each side with a bowl piece in the lid. We used to take it to festivals and leave it out. People we'd never met would walk over and pack it up.

As for cannabis and children, I drink beer in front of my kids. They know that alcohol is strictly for grown-ups, just like they know not to grab my keys and hop behind the wheel of my car. I don't partake in the vicinety of my children because of second hand smoke. I have talked to my oldest daughter about it, I don't believe in lieing to my kids.

I find it amazing that we live in a society that pumps our children full of prescription drugs like ritilin and prozac, and yet trembles in fear of mother natures anti-deppresant.

I've been looking at vaporizers lately. I checked out the vrip. Any owners out there wanna share some more details? I'm curious about total cost (including heat gun). The web site says there are a few different guns you can use. Anyone know what they are?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
As long as you can bring yourself to throw away depleted but still-formed buddage, vaporizers are very cool. Any number of heat guns at the Loew's, Home Depot, Sears, WalMart, etc. work well...especially the adjustable ones. I find vaporizers best to use on lower quality smoke that you are not overly-eager to taste. The finest cannabis requires complete ignition, however, in order to extract the full experience...aroma, flavor, high, etc. I hardly ever use mine anymore as they are less efficient and I have a hard time throwing away withered, spent buds even though they taste like ass if you do try to smoke 'em.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
WV Hippy said:
I find it amazing that we live in a society that pumps our children full of prescription drugs like ritilin and prozac, and yet trembles in fear of mother natures anti-deppresant.

I've been looking at vaporizers lately. I checked out the vrip. Any owners out there wanna share some more details? I'm curious about total cost (including heat gun). The web site says there are a few different guns you can use. Anyone know what they are?
after trying the Volcano in Amsterdam, I knew i needed to be vaping. I love smoking, but it is killing my lungs.

I have an awesome set-up (IMHO ;) ) right now with a variable temp B&D heat gun & the valve set from a Vocanoe. We like hitting bags & find that the taste is actually accentuated & the effects are much more intense. I have done both KB (mostly) & some bricked up schwag & both knocked me on my ass. It is strange how potent brick weed is. Just search Overgrow.com for more info or PM me. I would love to have a Volcano but they cost $500. If the price drops I will definitely get one.

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
anybody else used a vapordoc? my friend just got one, man, it knocks you on your ass fast. after 3 or four hits you're done for, and you dont even realize it untill your standing in the bathroom 3 inches away from the mirror staring at your eye.

ZmanONmaryJ

Chimp
Jan 16, 2005
G_vegas
you forgot to count the ones near the fire.... and in the creek!!!! but the 4 in the tent were straight trippy.... everybreath you took was like taking a rip... it kicked ass!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ZmanONmaryJ said:
you forgot to count the ones near the fire.... and in the creek!!!! but the 4 in the tent were straight trippy.... everybreath you took was like taking a rip... it kicked ass!
Dang. I have to go camping soon.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Camping rules. My friends and I go every Mem Wknd, and many other time throughout the summer. This year we are looking for a new spot. So if any of you know of any spots within ~3 hours of Boston, lest hear 'em. MA sites are cool cuz we can fish w/out getting harshed on by the man. We are usually to drunk to ride, so good trails aren't really a concern.

WV Hippy

Chimp
May 20, 2004
I've never been too drunk to ride. I've been too drunk to drive, and to drunk to walk, but never to drunk to ride. It's my prefered method of travel while under the influence.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
My dad found my pipe in my camelbak yesterday. He was rummaging through it and I took the camelbak from him and he pretended not to see it. 3 hours later I was about to leave and he says "you need to get that pipe out of your camelbak and throw it away". Being the super sneaky guy I am, I ran upstairs, swapped the pipe with a much less expensive one that was in my closet. He didn't notice, so I saved my nice piece, and zman never used the other one anyway. Unfortunately my dad crushed it with a hammer so I can't recover it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
T-Pirate said:
Unfortunately my dad crushed it with a hammer so I can't recover it.
Ouch! Never had that happen, but I did have to watch my mom flush a 1/4 of decent buds down the toilet when I was in high school. that sucked. :mad:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Sorry about saying "too drunk too ride", but riding isn't really a major priority with my regular caming group. With our usual spot, road riding is better. Very scenic spots. NFS land = no offroad. But we do camp for a number of races each year.

That sucks about being busted. I have somehow never found myself in that situation. But at least if it ever comes up I can borrow from the old PSA and say, "I learned it form you, dad!". Even though I'm well into my twenties. At this point I don't tihk they'd care, but it is still nice to be holding a trumcard that they do not know about. When I was in highschool I found a bag of ancient shtuff in my dad's dresser drawer. I've neverf told him about it. At first it was b/c I was young and afraind, but now its b/c I want to find the perfect time to embaras the hell out of him.
Good job switching aroung the pieces. I am so gld that my 'rents are to the "the less we know the better" stage.
PS: Living at home SUCKS!