Quantcast

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
So I just watched the X-games Bike Stunt Park final in LA. Toshi, taking me to the skate park to explore my extreme ramp suckiness has given me a new respect for those guys. Those dudes are insane. :thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
agreed. i can barely contemplate airing out of a quarterpipe, let alone doing tricks! :dead: :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
i like that first pic in the gallery!

in other news i am back from canada, again. north shore was fun despite having all too many drops to flats and too few chairlifts, and whistler was fun despite me burning my hand quite badly on a brake rotor yesterday. :dead: oh, and my D30 stopped working sometime between the shore and whistler :(

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
Nice pictures Toshi. Looks like you and Ryan had a good time.
thanks, tim. i think charlie had fun too :D

yo keith, check this out: http://www.pbase.com/rickards/canon_20d . canon 20D? since my D30 is broken and will cost ~$385 to fix i may just pony up for a 20D if it is released in the next few weeks... just to show that this (probably) is not a fake, this 20D image, as of 8:40 pacific time, is hosted on usa.canon.com: http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedata/pressrelease/images/hiRes/HiRes_20D_angle.jpg

:drool:

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Toshi said:
thanks, tim. i think charlie had fun too :D

yo keith, check this out: http://www.pbase.com/rickards/canon_20d . canon 20D? since my D30 is broken and will cost ~$385 to fix i may just pony up for a 20D if it is released in the next few weeks... just to show that this (probably) is not a fake, this 20D image, as of 8:40 pacific time, is hosted on usa.canon.com: http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedata/pressrelease/images/hiRes/HiRes_20D_angle.jpg

:drool:
I'll pass judgement after I see some specs. That lens looks like it's cool tho 17-85 is a nice range.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
the hand is better, thanks. i had the resulting blisters lanced yesterday by my father and one of his (phyisician) co-workers, and they look and feel much less nasty. the initial pain from that burn was about as intense as any i've felt in my life, including that from breaking my forearm in half, after the shock wore off in that case. :dead:

remind me to never drop one glove off the chairlift then ride garbanzo in the future... :think:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Nice review.
Ryan, Zane, Brian and I rode Ski Bowl today. Suprisingly we all had a good time, I especially even after flatting the rear, then later flatting the front. I Was skeptical of Ski Bowl's fun factor, but the old nine-five and me had a really good day. :thumb: Even Petre was nice to me.
You should, if you get a chance, head up there with me. I think your bike should perform very well.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dusty? You'd have to ask the other guys about the dust. :D
I thought the trails were great! It was one of those things where you have to be in the mood to ride that rough gnarly stuff. :thumb:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
my hand got infected sometime yesterday. started to smell really foul and ooze bloody pus so i went into the emergency room this evening. the doctor there cut off the skin, both dead and alive (ouch!), treated it with a topical antibiotic and gave me painkillers + oral antibiotics. now i look like a proper burn victim, with the whole hand all wrapped up in gauze...

:dead:

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Toshi said:
my hand got infected sometime yesterday. started to smell really foul and ooze bloody pus so i went into the emergency room this evening. the doctor there cut off the skin, both dead and alive (ouch!), treated it with a topical antibiotic and gave me painkillers + oral antibiotics. now i look like a proper burn victim, with the whole hand all wrapped up in gauze...

:dead:

yeaow! :-\ how'd that happen?

In other news, I just got back yesterday from a weeklong adventure in Alaska. Will post pictures as soon as I get them...(which might be a little while due to not being at home because of work.)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
ooh, alaska. nice. i look forward to the photographic evidence.

the hand trouble all stems from the second whistler trip. i dropped my glove on the lift on the last day, then burnt my hand on the rear brake rotor in an absurd slow speed crash. i then had it drained 5 days later by my father and one of his colleagues in sterile conditions at the hospital but that was not enough, i guess...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Quadari said:
Aha! See...from now on you should just ride up the hill. :D
but weenie half-finger xc gloves would have been nearly as bad! :D climbing up whistler would be quite the chore, as the two lifts combined span something like 3500 vertical feet iirc.

:oink:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
so i was about to place my name on onecall.com's 20D waiting list, but it's 95 people long! not cool. i'm going to wait instead for b&h to open up their list in a week or so (they require payment prior to shipment so their list is not popular among those who sign up for every waiting list that they can).

i know, poor me and all :D but, still... hmph

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
yup. it's broken (power supply) but i think i'll put all of that up on ebay separately once i get back from california, the camera, the battery charger, maybe the usb cable too if it doesn't work with the 20D...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
question of the day:

should i bring my dh bike to med school? or should i leave it at home in the garage and pick it up again come springtime?

reasons to not bring it: my room is of unknown size, roommates are of unknown bike friendliness, i'll be very busy at school and furthermore will have my first 4 saturdays taken up by kaplan training as well. given that ski season will be just a month or two away by the time that's over...

:think:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
also i have 11 gmail invites at the moment. i will give out up to 10 of them to the first 10 people who pm me with their current email address, first and last names <-- note that last part.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001