Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so i'm back from whistler. sleep beckons. will have lifestyle (but not riding) pics from the condo soon, and helmet cam footage later. i stacked hard, at speed, while wearing the camera but amazingly bounced up with only a few scratches to show for it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
I think some of the bustedspoke guys were out there as well. did you see them?
can't say that i did. i did meet toughguymcgee aka mike randomly while lounging around the base, and each time i come back nsmb kids say that they spotted me...

somehow in that crash i managed to bruise my forehead. good job moto helmet and dainese :thumb: -- i would be in a world of hurt otherwise (instead of just mildly sore and scratched up). for those who don't read other threads, the crash was on the last table before the rock garden on a-line. i just overcooked it, nosed down, and somehow decided in the air to jump over the bars and tuck and roll. the bike ended up about 15-20 feet down the transition, and i ended up about 40 after tumbling end over end in proper judo fashion.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Toshi said:
can't say that i did. i did meet toughguymcgee aka mike randomly while lounging around the base, and each time i come back nsmb kids say that they spotted me...

somehow in that crash i managed to bruise my forehead. good job moto helmet and dainese :thumb: -- i would be in a world of hurt otherwise (instead of just mildly sore and scratched up). for those who don't read other threads, the crash was on the last table before the rock garden on a-line. i just overcooked it, nosed down, and somehow decided in the air to jump over the bars and tuck and roll. the bike ended up about 15-20 feet down the transition, and i ended up about 40 after tumbling end over end in proper judo fashion.
You're hyping this crash pretty aggressively. I'm fiending for the helmetcam vid.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the helmet cam vid is disappointing given all my lead up :D since the picture cut out as soon as i hit the ground.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ah, you're right, there was a MkIII "Jetta Trek" edition car, with a ghetto roof rack on a ghetto-er jetta, with a still-more-ghetto Trek hoopty thrown in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Westy said:
ah, i should have remembered that... :dead: my faith in honda is such that i would require further proof that that bike is not just some cruel dept store owner's prank

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Toshi- How's the car hunt coming along? I'm really happy with my VW....

I didn't want to post this in the lounge because I'd probably get overwhelmed with responses, but.......

I have unlimited carfax checks for a couple more weeks, and I already bought a car. SO, instead of letting it go to waste I've decided to share the wealth. If PM me a VIN and an email address I'll do my best to email you a background check. It might take a couple days, but it should be fine unless I get a million requests. Also, if you're feeling generous you can give me something in exchange for my services.

-Zane

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
So RAGBRAI was cool. Pics to come. Here is some info, though.

All told I rode about 560 miles in 6 days, including consecutive voluntary 100+ mile days on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Ate approx. 7 pork chops/loin sandwiches, 4 ribeye sandwiches, 2 breakfast burritos, 7 kolaches, 15 ears of sweet corn, many slices of pie, and other assorted goodies. Not sure yet if I gained or lost weight (usually folks gain weight).

as covered by the Des Moines Register, who organizes the event, including info about the fatality (tree fell on a guy in a tent during the 80mph winds of the thunderstorm Sun night; much fun until we got evac'd by the police in the middle of the night), the fiery school-bus accident, and the plane crash:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=NEWS&theme=RAGBRAI_XXXIII&template=theme

and some interesting statistics:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=99999999&Kategori=LIFE04&Lopenr=50706012&Ref=AR

oh, and I made the paper one day. :)

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=D2&Date=20050722&Category=LIFE04&ArtNo=722001&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=11

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Toshi said:
ah, i should have remembered that... :dead: my faith in honda is such that i would require further proof that that bike is not just some cruel dept store owner's prank
I have seen several of those being hauled along on the back of cars.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Toshi said:
what do y'all think of this?

one of the contenders... i personally like the headlights, and black on black :drool:
not a huge fan of the black on black tuner look, personally.

cops'll think you're running drugs. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Barbaton said:
not a huge fan of the black on black tuner look, personally.

cops'll think you're running drugs. :)
come on now, don't be an old man :oink: haha

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
seriously, where I'm from, owning a car like that would not be worth the hassle. we gots profiling there, yo. things are probably different in seattle

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Toshi said:

one of the contenders... i personally like the headlights, and black on black :drool:
Morette headlights...NICE!!!

Leather interior!!! wow...I like the stealth look too. What are the complete spec?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Acadian said:
Morette headlights...NICE!!!

Leather interior!!! wow...I like the stealth look too. What are the complete spec?
we're hammering out what he'd keep and what he'd include for any given price. the stereo spec sounds decent enough: kenwood flip out head unit, infinity components up front, eclipse amp for speakers, jl audio sub/sub amp.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Barbaton said:
seriously, where I'm from, owning a car like that would not be worth the hassle. we gots profiling there, yo. things are probably different in seattle
I find it rather funny that EVERYONE (including myself ) who has seen this car
has immediately noted thee fact that it's a cop magnet. Maybe that's a good reason to get something a little less "gangsta"

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
we're hammering out what he'd keep and what he'd include for any given price. the stereo spec sounds decent enough: kenwood flip out head unit, infinity components up front, eclipse amp for speakers, jl audio sub/sub amp.

nice car....

nice "i´ll get a stock car, a car even with stock wheels" :nuts:

but seriously, you can get that car for 15k???????????????????

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ALEXIS_DH said:
nice car....

nice "i´ll get a stock car, a car even with stock wheels" :nuts:

but seriously, you can get that car for 15k???????????????????
no. but i allotted some money for stereo + alarm, and since this car is already equipped. we'll see how this pans out. i REALLY like how this black one looks. :thumb:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm diggin the car, the black on black is something you don't see very often on subarus. Since there's no badging (and I don't see an intercooler), is it a 2.5 RS? Or a wrx (I can't remember if you can see the downpipe or not...)? What's the owner like? How many miles? Mods?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
WRXs come from the factory with the intercooler under the hood scoop. it's a WRX, 2003, 18k miles... mods are visible. ok, to expand: no real power mods (intake i think), but appearance + stereo. that's fine with me. the owner seems cool. he's selling it to buy an auto or SMG E46 M3 since he tends to drive his auto SUV instead of the stick WRX in LA traffic... <--- acronym mania eh

Toshi said:

http://toshiclark.com/wrx/

Looks alot like my car. I don't really dig Morettes though. If you do pick it up grab some Euro STI lights and sell the Morettes. I am not sure if I am feeling the black stock wheels. Now if you had some black STI BBS wheels with the Gold Brembros...PIMP!! I personally like Bronze on black though. Get the Suby! I really enjoy mine!