Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I lost power/phones/internet around when the Americans were all coming down the track. :banghead: Internet JUST came back...time to find out what went on!!

-ska todd

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Thanks Freecaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watching that live was the highlight of my "DH footage watching carreer" I can't say anything else that allready hasn't been said. Stoked!!!!!!!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
This is racing, the fastest man doesnt allways win.
Props to Hill for even trying that line and riding on a level way outside of everybody elses comfort zone.
Props to Peat for showing hes still got it.
Props to Gee for showing everyone how to win the Worlds!

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
the best racer didn't win, what a bull**** line....a run is a run, from start to finish, sam was fast as F*&^, but as others had said, I had a feeling he was about to go down hard, it was exciting to watch, but he should've toned it back....gee/peat put in completely awesome top to bottom runs and came out ahead of him.....it's okay fanboys, he's still got plenty of years left in him! I thought it was awesome to have a course where the times were so blown out, no hundreths of a second here, it really highlighted those who nailed it and those who didn't.....great stuff for sure! now to wage battle with some flat tires and go for a big xc ride! thanks freecaster team, rob is hilarious, and I love that so many guys from years gone by swing in for chatting and commentary!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just look at it this way...if Hill crashed at the 2nd turn of the course and lost 10 seconds and came across the line with that time, no one would say..."Hill won 99%". He'd just be one more rider who had a mistake on course. A public crash at the end of a run is devastating to see...but the clock waits for no one.

I'm sure there are a dozen riders who all deserve a higher placing for their feats at certain points on the track... :d

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well he probably feels a bit bad that he's the guy that has stopped the guy that every brit wanted to win from winning, and he himself is a brit, how ironic :)

Steve deserves to win for being so close at the age of 34, and having come close so many times. Sam deserves to win for being ****ing amazing, and Gee deserves to win for, er, actually winning. Should have been no podium, just one big top step for all of them :)
Amen to that. Gee probably grew up looking up to Peat as well!

Going into this I had no real preference as to who I'd like to see win. But I actually begun to think Fabien had it when so many guys came down off the pace. When Peaty put such an awesome run together I found myself really hoping it went his way. Hill's run, whilst spectacular and definitely entertaining, was friggin' ragged. He pushed way too hard and the fact he held onto it is a feat in itself. The boy has skills, but clearly felt the pressure, took the risk, and paid the price. No cigar. In contrast, Gee's run was still impossibly fast, but a lot more controlled. In his post run interview his confidence was clear when he was talking about Fabien's run and how the fact that Fabien was 7 seconds quicker than Gee's qualifier didn't bother him.

That said, am I the only one who was shocked at how much more these guys push it for the World champs? I always thought of the World Champs as just another World Cup race, with a bit more silverware, and a fancy jersey at stake. But the top 5 were clearly going a LOT harder than in the previous World Cups. It was mental.

I feel for Peaty. The guy is the only one who consistently steps it up no matter who the challenger. Voullioz, Minnaar, Hill, but he's always the bridesmaid.

So, I guess Animal are going to come out with a new kit incorporating the rainbow stripes eh?

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Just look at it this way...if Hill crashed at the 2nd turn of the course and lost 10 seconds and came across the line with that time, no one would say..."Hill won 99%". He'd just be one more rider who had a mistake on course. A public crash at the end of a run is devastating to see...but the clock waits for no one.

I'm sure there are a dozen riders who all deserve a higher placing for their feats at certain points on the track... :d
Bryn atkinson being one of those riders, I would of curled up and cried if id crashed that hard. LOL

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

Very true, tho Hill deserves one for riding outside the humanly possible comfort zone.

No one else but Gee Atherton deserves the worlds title today.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Bryn atkinson
was going to mention that. To see some one go down that hard, bounce back up and rip is amazing. I tend to think I would have been in the curled up and crying pile too. Guys calling the race said up to 45 mph around that point.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
was going to mention that. To see some one go down that hard, bounce back up and rip is amazing. I tend to think I would have been in the curled up and crying pile too. Guys calling the race said up to 45 mph around that point.
Well that was where the speed trap was and he hit 64kmph right before he crashed, which is 40mph.

omrdh

Chimp
Jun 15, 2008
I dont know if this is already post but i dont going to read all of them so here is; live webcast saturday 12:45 freecaster.tv

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
27. 38 USA19900326 SCHUSLER Joey USA
32. 22 USA19900611 ULMER Naish USA
34. 4 USA19910412 AIELLO Kevin USA
61. 50 USA19900712 PITTS Graeme USA (Crash)

Kevin Aiello across the line

Joey Schusler sat in the hot seat for over 35 minutes

Naish Ulmer over the bottom jump

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Is he racing? Who is he? When I went on the PC in the hotel at Maribor he'd left himself logged into RM. I signed him out cos I'm nice like that :)