Quantcast

Yet another boring house building thread

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I use Countrywide, M&T, Suntrust, Indymac, Chevy Chase (real lender) and several others depending on the borrower.

I've got a call in to see what I can do on construction out of state. In just about every instance, the loan is a one time close construction loan with a max cap on the end loan rate.

End loans I can do all day long.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
do you do all-in-one construction to permanent mortgage loans..??

i may have a client 4 you

[praying] please dont work for CrapitolOne.... [/praying]
FYI, in just about every case, doing an end loan will beat the "cap rate" on a 1 time close. If you do the math on the monthly savings, it usually gets made in 12-18 months when you factor in the interest deduction you get from the closing costs on the end loan.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I use Countrywide, M&T, Suntrust, Indymac, Chevy Chase (real lender) and several others depending on the borrower.

I've got a call in to see what I can do on construction out of state. In just about every instance, the loan is a one time close construction loan with a max cap on the end loan rate.

End loans I can do all day long.
Ok cool deal, I'll get in touch with you when we're ready to apply.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Even in a flat market, it usually picks up after Presidents day and continues through the spring. People like to try to get set up for start of the new school year for the fall.
It's the same here... with the days getting longer and the weather nicer ( 77 degrees here yesterday) there has been a noticible increase in sales traffic.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I was looking at how small your rafters are but I guess you don't have to worry about snow load down there. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
not even a little bit.
Now wonder why all the houses fly apart when you get a little tornado. :)

J/K

Is that a 10:12 roof?

I'm pissed I didn't take any pics this morning. I'll try to remember tomorrow morning. Wait till you see this house!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Now wonder why all the houses fly apart when you get a little tornado. :)

J/K

Is that a 10:12 roof?
There is some 10:12 on there but there is also some 9:12, 12:12 and 16:12 and a lil' curved metal roof over the front dormer which hasn't been built in yet...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There is some 10:12 on there but there is also some 9:12, 12:12 and 16:12 and a lil' curved metal roof over the front dormer which hasn't been built in yet...
How much is the total lumber package for that house?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i'll have to look that up later for you... i think the total framing/doors (int & ext)/trim/roofing is around $28k... but i'll check that.
Wait...
Total cost for labor, materials, roof shingles and install, ext trim, is around $28k?
Holy fawk.... :dead:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Wait...
Total cost for labor, materials, roof shingles and install, ext trim, is around $28k?
Holy fawk.... :dead:
no that's materials only....

I am paying $6.25/sf for my framers... or $15,637.50
($6.25/sf is about a $0.75 more than the going rate for crews from south Texas but i know this framer and i know he knows his sh!t. too many problems with out of town crews usually.)

Roofing labor is going to be around $4k i figure.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
no that's materials only....

I am paying $6.25/sf for my framers... or $15,637.50
($6.25/sf is about a $0.75 more than the going rate for crews from south Texas but i know this framer and i know he knows his sh!t. too many problems with out of town crews usually.)

Roofing labor is going to be around $4k i figure.
Sounds like the house I'm working on is roughly double what yours is. The roof will be like 4 times as much and they windows and ext. doors will probably blow yours out of the water.

PS. the framing crew working on my job is from south of Texas and they are Great! We have a great foreman on the job and his laborers are awesome!!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sounds like the house I'm working on is roughly double what yours is. The roof will be like 4 times as much and they windows and ext. doors will probably blow yours out of the water.
prolly, but i am spending a whole $2300 on the front door...

:p

over all this one is a good return on my investment.

**my biggest cost per actual hour worked is to the plumbers... takes them 5 days to do a house like this from start to finish and they will cost me over $10k.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
prolly, but i am spending a whole $2300 on the front door...

:p

over all this one is a good return on my investment.

**my biggest cost per actual hour worked is to the plumbers... takes them 5 days to do a house like this from start to finish and they will cost me over $10k.
Again that is less then 1/2 what we're paying.

The windows in the house I'm working on are around $46k thats not including the front door.
Who did you get your front door thru?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

PS. the framing crew working on my job is from south of Texas and they are Great! We have a great foreman on the job and his laborers are awesome!!
It's all about location my friend, houses that sell in the $200K-$300K are generally cheaper to build than the $500K-$700K. Labor rates reflect costs of living in every area. I'm running a remodel at my sister-in-laws place and the cheapest bid we got for a 500sf addition (foundation, rough framing, new window installation for the whole house, & stucco siding the whole house) $138K. That's no roof, drywall, electric, plumbing, etc.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's all about location my friend, houses that sell in the $200K-$300K are generally cheaper to build than the $500K-$700K. Labor rates reflect costs of living in every area. I'm running a remodel at my sister-in-laws place and the cheapest bid we got for a 500sf addition (foundation, rough framing, new window installation for the whole house, & stucco siding the whole house) $138K. That's no roof, drywall, electric, plumbing, etc.
Thanks captain obvious!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
LOL!!!

the house i am building costs a few $k more than that not counting the $28k lot... :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
fun place to visit but wouldn't wanna live there.
Agreed!

We thought about moving there at one point. The odd thing about Cali (BrianHCM is the exception) is that all the people are from the East and plan on moving back there soon.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i liked living in Oxnard back in the mid 80's... i did ok in some real estate there when i sold and moved to freekin' Lousyana...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Taken at about 5:30PM... this decking crew is bad-ass... this is the 4th roof they deck today and they had it decked and felted by 6:30...

Love me some radiant barrier OSB..!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry for the bad pic but the sun wasn't quite up this morning when I was onsite. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skip sheathing? You guys doing a shake roof?

We're doing exposed rafter tails. First we need to lay down purlins then 1/2" CDX with ice and water shield on top because we need the purlins to nail to and the metal roofing manufacturer requires the 1-1/2" standing seam metal roof be applied on top of plywood to decrease oil canning and condensation.