Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Chris01 said:
How do I get in on this fastest lap comp? Is there a handicap for doing the run?
First lap usually doesn't count.

I'm offering a bottle of anything (not to exceed $25) to whomever I might owe it to, given the above criteria. If I am offering it to the fastest lapholder, I will offer it while wearing nothing but a Ridemonkey sticker.

Beat that one, smack talkerz.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
OK, so the race is only a week away...time to get some smack going. I'm thinking we set something up like:

Fastest Lap: Crowned King Monkey, receives offering from Slowest Lap
2nd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 2nd Slowest Lap
3rd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 3rd Slowest Lap

Winning Team: Receives offering from 3rd place team

We should start collecting suggestions for the offerings, so people know what the stakes are. Also, TreeSaw and Deyv's wife can opt in or opt out. Everybody else is mandatory.

BLAH!
I say everyone is in!

and I agree there should be a handicap for those of us going 1st/doing the run

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Just to be clear, we are only comparing individual fastest laps. In other words, if Echo cheats for one lap and sets a 0:40:29, then rides a complete lap at 2:30:47, he gets fastest lap, not slowest. Unless we bust him for cheating.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Just to be clear, we are only comparing individual fastest laps. In other words, if Echo cheats for one lap and sets a 0:40:29, then rides a complete lap at 2:30:47, he gets fastest lap, not slowest. Unless we bust him for cheating.

If that is the case, count me in. I guarantee not to have the slowest fast laptime of all the :monkey:'s. Even if the lady :monkeys: decide not to participate.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ghostrider said:
OK, so the race is only a week away...time to get some smack going. I'm thinking we set something up like:

Fastest Lap: Crowned King Monkey, receives offering from Slowest Lap
2nd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 2nd Slowest Lap
3rd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 3rd Slowest Lap

Winning Team: Receives offering from 3rd place team

We should start collecting suggestions for the offerings, so people know what the stakes are. Also, TreeSaw and Deyv's wife can opt in or opt out. Everybody else is mandatory.
:thumb: Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't opt out, who knows...it might force me to get my arse into gear and ride fast :devil:

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Yep, it really offers tequila. I believe it states that you have to be "this" tall to drink tequila. Bill should have plenty to go around.

Campground A, I believe it is # 65 or 64 (2nd from the end)

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
If that is the case, count me in. I guarantee not to have the slowest fast laptime of all the :monkey:'s. Even if the lady :monkeys: decide not to participate.
Dude, you gotta back that kind of thing up with an offering. Based on what you offer, we'll know if you are smacktalkin or serious.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
ghostrider said:
First lap usually doesn't count.

I'm offering a bottle of anything (not to exceed $25) to whomever I might owe it to, given the above criteria. If I am offering it to the fastest lapholder, I will offer it while wearing nothing but a Ridemonkey sticker.

Beat that one, smack talkerz.

Yikes! I sure hope you don't have the slowest lap. It would have to be a bottle of something really good to take if from a man wearing nothing but a ridemonkey sticker. *shudder* I might have to stand around for a while in the transition tent to make sure my time gets beat.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Chris01 said:
Yikes! I sure hope you don't have the slowest lap. It would have to be a bottle of something really good to take if from a man wearing nothing but a ridemonkey sticker. *shudder* I might have to stand around for a while in the transition tent to make sure my time gets beat.
And here we have yet another monkey talking smack and not backing it up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Dude, you gotta back that kind of thing up with an offering. Based on what you offer, we'll know if you are smacktalkin or serious.
I will throw in a nice bottle of whiskey or bourbon but will also expect the same in return. I will be fully clothed though, the ride:monkey: stickers aren't nearly big enough for a modest man like myself :sneaky:

If I get the slowest "fast" lap I will also build a custom hand built trophy from spare parts for the :monkey: with the fastest lap.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'm thinking I'll be bringing a few bottles of home made cider :hicup: as my offering

So as far as who's in.......each member of the original 3 teams plus Westy plus Chris01

so thats 17 :monkey: 's

correct?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
I have a r i d e m o n k e y . c o m decal that is about 14 inches long. Will that work? :D It's about a foot too big for me.
That should cover it. :p But after spending 24 hours on a bike seat the only thing that will be covering my nether regions will be cashmere boxers and possibly a bag of ice.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Predictions of what my team will be overhearing from Ass B's & Jack/allzy camp sites

(after they keep putting in slow ass lap times)

Ghostrider:" I'm more frustrated than a legless Ethiopian watching a doughnut roll down the hill...."

Treesaw: "I'm more frustrated than a three legged dog trying to bury a terd on a icy lake....."

ECHO: "I'm more confused than waking up with a hang over next to a fat chick, and you are all covered with flour....."

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Overheard from 4M&aB campsite: "Why the hell did the Jackalopes bring all those sandbags -- expecting a flood? Man my bike feels like it weighed a ton on that last lap. Hey, by the way, which one of you guys messed with my saddle height?"

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
ghostrider said:
And here we have yet another monkey talking smack and not backing it up.
Yep, I suck at smacktalk, I am much better at the ole "I haven't ridden in a month, just going out to have fun" talk

But, with that said I will offer up a bottle of Quervo Gold and anything else I can dig up between now and then.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
Predictions of what my team will be overhearing from Ass B's & Jack/allzy camp sites

(after they keep putting in slow ass lap times)

Ghostrider:" I'm more frustrated than a legless Ethiopian watching a doughnut roll down the hill...."

Treesaw: "I'm more frustrated than a three legged dog trying to bury a terd on a icy lake....."

ECHO: "I'm more confused than waking up with a hang over next to a fat chick, and you are all covered with flour....."
BWAHHHH!!!!! :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tweek said:
Overheard from 4M&aB campsite: "Why the hell did the Jackalopes bring all those sandbags -- expecting a flood? Man my bike feels like it weighed a ton on that last lap. Hey, by the way, which one of you guys messed with my saddle height?"
One of my roles as a volunteer will be to provide security for my teamamtes and executing revenge strategies. However I have been known to become distracted
:devil: for the camera .....jdcamb

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just curious to find out what kind of light everyone will be using.

I have managed to borrow some nice lights from friends so I will be burning some Niterider HID systems on both my helmet and handlebar. Anyone riding in front of me will risk getting sunburn at night.

The borrowed lights free up some of the light systems I normally use. If anyone needs some lights I will offer to lend on of these halogen systems with a spare battery.

Performance Light System

At 20watts it lasts over two hours, a really nice system, but it can't touch an HID setup.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Just curious to find out what kind of light everyone will be using.

I have managed to borrow some nice lights from friends so I will be burning some Niterider HID systems on both my helmet and handlebar. Anyone riding in front of me will risk getting sunburn at night.

The borrowed lights free up some of the light systems I normally use. If anyone needs some lights I will offer to lend on of these halogen systems with a spare battery.

Performance Light System

At 20watts it lasts over two hours, a really nice system, but it can't touch an HID setup.

My Team says YES, we would be appreciate if we could borrow those !!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'll be running HID on my helmet and halogen on my handlebar. Definitely bring as many lights as you can, it's better to have extras than not enough. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
My Team says YES, we would be appreciate if we could borrow those !!!

I'll have them charged up and ready to go.

The only drawback to the lights is there is only a trickle charger, 13 hour charge time :( . But two batteries should get at least one team member throught the night. In a pinch I do have a second system with a battery I could offer, but I was planning on using that in case something went wrong with my other lights.