Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Thanks for the info - a mate has brain cancer and the chemo is wreaking havoc on his appetite... I've volunteered to help out.

:)
i figured it was for someoone who couldnt eat...i wish him the best of luck.

everyone is different w/ herb..the stuff i have now causes my friend to eat a crap load of food, but it doesnt do anything to me.
try a few types of some decent herb and he should be good. cheap weed will not help

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i figured it was for someoone who couldnt eat...i wish him the best of luck.

everyone is different w/ herb..the stuff i have now causes my friend to eat a crap load of food, but it doesnt do anything to me.
try a few types of some decent herb and he should be good. cheap weed will not help
I'm gonna take him to a dispensary... we'll see if we can't get him a sampler pack...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
oh, if he's got a medical card, then the people there should be able to tell him right away what would be best.
Yeah...just ask the budtender. Most strains have lots of different pheno-types, so different plants that are the same strain can have different traits. It is prolly a safe bet the guy behind the counter has tried the wares. :)

Sorry about your bud. :(

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
My jar was full of a Sativa about a week ago (still got a chunk) & you aint lying. That stuff made me ravenous but it is poor night time smoke.
I've got a good amount left, I'm on a high dose of aderal so it's great for keeping my weight up. One of my friends always falls asleep after she smokes so we banned her from smoking when we party but sativa keeps her wide awake.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I've got a good amount left, I'm on a high dose of aderal so it's great for keeping my weight up. One of my friends always falls asleep after she smokes so we banned her from smoking when we party but sativa keeps her wide awake.
It is a strong sativa I need when my crohns is flaring & I can't even think of food but boy do some make my heart race (silver haze esp.).

I re-upped & got the same headies (the sativa) so my jar is full again. :thumb:

I hope Wisconisin-ers(?) get off their asses & let their voices be heard regarding the MMJ bill that is in the works (80% in the state would like MMJ laws). I hate just having the luck of the draw when it comes to strains. Having a good dispensary or being able to grow your own meds would be so sweet. Talk about healthcare reform.

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
Personally I can't ride as well when I'm baked, so I don't do it anymore. I've spent quite a bit of time high in my life but not in the past year or so, job situation's just too sketchy now. I think they should just legalize the stuff, everyone who wants to smoke it does. National debt problem solved, jail crowding problem solved, tainted drugs problem solved...

Your right on man.

Everytime I burn before i ride i end up popping my tube or crashing hard as hell.

Skiing however is a sport where it is necessity for me to get toasted!

BTW: Boil water, then add 1 Oz nugget, 1 pound of butter, bring slightly under a boil and let it do its thing for 2 hours.... then strain it

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Cannabis Colleges Crop Up: New Institutions for 'Higher' Learning
Thousands Learn How to Grow Legal Medical Marijuana
By KATIE SANDERS
Nov. 30, 2009

Don't expect to pull an all-nighter at Med Grow Cannabis College. Michigan's first training center for medical marijuana education doesn't ask students for their homework. There are no final exams.

"We're more of a trade school," said Nick Tennant, Med Grow's 24-year-old founder.

As states loosen their medical marijuana laws, institutions such as Med Grow are sprouting up, looking to educate potential caregivers about how to enter the cannabis industry the legal way.

Tennant opened the doors of Med Grow's 4,800-square-foot facility near Detroit in September, about 10 months after voters approved the state's medical marijuana act.

Always wanting to be his own boss, Tennant had dropped out of college to manage valet and auto-detail companies. But when his businesses contracted under the smothering recession, he looked to the medical marijuana industry for his next opportunity, months before the measure was up for public vote.

"We knew the law was going to get passed," he said.

In addition to Michigan, 12 states have legalized medical marijuana use: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

Tennant fashioned part of his business model after California's Oaksterdam University, which claims to be the country's first cannabis college, opening in 2007.

Oaksterdam has three campuses in California: Oakland, Los Angeles and North Bay. Spokeswoman Salwa Ibrahim said the institution, which staffs about 50 employees, has graduated about 5,500 students. Oaksterdam welcomes the country's new crop of cannabis colleges, she said.

"We welcome competition," she said. "Ultimately, what we're trying to do is change laws locally and federally."

Hawaii activist Roger Christie says he connects the high he sustains from marijuana use as a "spiritual" ritual, a practice he believes is legal under First Amendment religion protections. He has been an advocate of marijuana use and legalization for 23 years, he said.

Only recently did he add educational outreach to his Hawaii Cannabis Ministry. After reading a news story about a continental cannabis college, he decided to add monthly seminars to his ministry's repertoire this fall.

So far, he has educated about 60 people over two weekend seminars. A $100 donation covers the cost of classes and a hemp seed lunch.

"We train people to grow people to grow the best cannabis humanly possible," Christie said.

Med Grow students cover an array of topics related to the budding industry over semester-long courses or seminars. The curriculum covers proper cultivation and breeding, cooking tips and recipes, how to start a care-giving business and Cannabis History 1010. "Students should feel very confident that they're going to succeed," Tennant said.

Tennant's school employs 12 people, he said. About 60 students are taking courses during this cycle. Med Grow's five-week semester program, which offers two tracks convening on Monday or Wednesday nights, costs $475.

Unlike accredited academic institutions, there is no standard of practices for cannabis colleges in Michigan. Tennant provides his graduates with a paper certificate anyway.

It isn't required, but a student could use it to establish credibility as a professional caregiver, proving he or she is "not just some Joe Shmoe off the street," he said.

Graduates of Tennant's college won't be leaving their training to set up mass dispensaries. Under Michigan law, state-registered caregivers are only allowed to provide marijuana to a maximum of five patients.

In California, students of cannabis colleges have a few more options, Ibrahim said. Students come from out-of-state to become lobbyists, dispensary managers as well as caregivers.

"They can do whatever they want to do," she said.

Trey Daring, 26, moved to Daly City, Calif., after graduating from Old Dominion University, in Virginia, to work as an advocate for the cannabis movement.

His favorite course is advanced horticulture -- it's the most useful, he said. He'll graduate in mid-December.

Daring's parents are uneasy about his advocacy of the drug because marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law, the government's most restrictive category that also includes LSD, ecstasy and heroin, he said.

"I feel like they're understanding now but not necessarily proud," he said.

His classrooms are not that much different from ones he had in high school and college: dry-erase boards, PowerPoint presentations and knowledgeable instructors.

Perhaps the part that's most different is his classmates.

"There are a lot more people over 30 than probably outsiders would believe," he said.

Med Grow students also run the demographic gamut. Tennant said his pupils include 18-year-old high school graduates, a 60-year-old pastor and former clients of his old auto-detailing business, some of whom find themselves struggling to keep their own businesses afloat.

His instructors stress that their curriculum is for medicinal purposes only, not recreational tips, he said.

"I run a very tight operation here," he said.

The medical marijuana industry could potentially help Michigan's battered economy, provided it is not abused, Tennant said.

Ibrahim of California's Oaksterdam University also sees cannabis as a way to contribute positively to a state's economy. Oaksterdam's Oakland campus recently moved into a 30,000-square-foot building and, she said, the school expects to educate about 1,000 students a month, double the capacity of the previous space.

"It really is flourishing in this economy," she said. "We're evidence of it. We just moved into a larger facility when everything else seems to be downsizing."

As originally posted here=> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SmallBiz/higher-learning-medical-marijuana-colleges-crop/story?id=9154672&page=1

:weee: As my inlaws live nearby, I'm gonna have to check this out in person! :weee:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
edibles are a waste IMO...you need too much herb to make anything worth while.....i usually smoke more than i usually do to help kill that cold...lol

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
i made the mistake of smoking my usual amount while i had my chest cold....im still hacking sht up two weeks later
did a night ride last night the moon was so bright,rode with lights off it was awesome. we stopped 4 our "smoke break" and cough is back all day but worth it. dec 1 in upstate ny riding on dry trails in shorts and a hoodie...

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
did a night ride last night the moon was so bright,rode with lights off it was awesome. we stopped 4 our "smoke break" and cough is back all day but worth it. dec 1 in upstate ny riding on dry trails in shorts and a hoodie...
That sounds dope. I haven't gotten an opportunity to ride with out a light yet. Beside, I can't night ride high. I start to feel like everything is 2d. Maybe my light is not good enough. But, aside from that, I am going riding this weekend with some new bud, and buddy's. We will see how this turns out. One of them has not smoke and rode yet.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
those are the best kind of rides...its not hard to stop on a sick ride and smoke.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
no complaints here, ill make sure to look u up next season. you gave me some good advise on my broken collar bone last winter i owe ya. i was there opening day and then another 5 or 6 times thorugh out season

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you lookin to spark a L or for a bowl? dont go too crazy with the giant flame throwers if you are using a bowl...burnt flesh smells horrific..this i know

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
As someone who has been smoking in blizzards for years I have perfected several techniques for these situations.

The most effective is to spark it inside your jacket. Just don't light your self on fire!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you lookin to spark a L or for a bowl? dont go too crazy with the giant flame throwers if you are using a bowl...burnt flesh smells horrific..this i know
bowls.

another prob i have had with windproof lighters has been that they burn up a whole bowl. I have thought a bout a zippo but I hate the taste/smell of lighter fluid.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
As someone who has been smoking in blizzards for years I have perfected several techniques for these situations.

The most effective is to spark it inside your jacket. Just don't light your self on fire!
lol....must try this, maybe. If see a skier on fire on the lifts at Alpine Valley, It will prolly be me.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
bowls.

another prob i have had with windproof lighters has been that they burn up a whole bowl. I have thought a bout a zippo but I hate the taste/smell of lighter fluid.
i used a wind proof butane lighter when i lived in NH because it was so windy where we were. they do burn up a lot of the bowl, but with practice, youll be able to just spark just the side of it.
some bowls make this easier too obviously

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
i used a wind proof butane lighter when i lived in NH because it was so windy where we were. they do burn up a lot of the bowl, but with practice, youll be able to just spark just the side of it.
some bowls make this easier too obviously
I use a windproof lighter on the lifts at northstar. But i'm rippin out of a snapper, so i guess who whole roasting too much bud doesn't really aply